1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lord: "Oh dear... this has not always been the richest domain, so we get most of our military assistance from the empire. It'll take week to have the courier go there, and two at best for the army to come down south..."

It looks to be the bartender. However, he's currently talking to the guy next to you... who's put him under a charm spell? You can still hear what the bartender is saying.

Bartender: "An official mercenary group sent over some men to assist our wizards. We gave them cultist disguises so they wouldn't be traced back to that group, and looked for a special key in the region that could help fulfill our plans. We set up a tower with some of the wizards in town, and installed an incredibly powerful magic gateway in it, although there's also some steelwork. The gate will open to any door it has the key for, and we heard rumors that a key to heaven itself was cast down into this area several hundred years ago. We persuaded some miners to find it. They did. We killed them all to cover it up and took the key, framing it as a mine collapse. However, the key had been broken and rusted over the years, so one of our wizards by the name of Leren, a skilled alchemist, created a potion to help restore it. Everything was going to plan until two large warriors assaulted Leren's workshop and took the potion. We left five out of our eight best wizards to guard the tower, holding the key, while we undertook the project. Now we're keeping the town under guard while the other three go and get them so that we can take down those adventurers once and for all."

2. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I stay and listen to the bartender comparing this info to the info I got from the 2 cultists that I killed

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  3. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Robert: "While you may lack might, surely you have information, yes?"

4. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Leon: "That is not enough time. What other information could you give us? Do you know of any motive these cultists may have?"

5. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    @HM The Nether

6. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Assistant: "I'm sorry, but we haven't gotten much infor-"

Lord: "So we've gotten to this point, hmm? I noticed the cultists, but I didn't do anything about them. I wonder why. Besides, I handle large proclamations and long term plans, and my secretaries handle most of the paperwork... so why would I have an assistant? In fact, it would be very easy for the cultists to put me under a charm person, wouldn't it?"

The assistant's eyes grow wider with every word, and finally the light goes out of him as a throwing knife lands between his ribs.
    Assistant: How.. how did you..?"

Lord: "I've known for a while now, and it didn't take long for me to get a magic resistance ring and start pretending, but that magic contingency beacon you have on you means that my time is up now, doesn't it? Wonderful part of being old: Everyone thinks you've gone senile. Either way, adventurers, you have a few minutes to get as much information as you need out of me, but then they'll come for me, and I will die. As an answer to your first question, I know is that they moved in a year ago. I know their headquarters are under a tavern near the center of town. I know that their leader is a mad archmage. I don't know what they want, or where they'll stop."

The assistant lies on his back in a pool of blood. A magic effect surrounds him the moment he takes his last breath. Probably the beacon.

The bartender looks like he's just stopped talking with an old man. There's a lizardman, deep in thought, on the seat next to him. Was he the one you saw earlier today? You think it is.

Bartender: "A room is 5 Gold Coins/Bed nightly."

7. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    "Oh, okay. I'd like to get a room for tonight."

8. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I inspect and search the assistant as I speak to the Lord:
    Leon: "The forest near here, why has it been corrupted? What is the history of this city? Is there any equipment here we may use to aid our efforts?"

9. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [-5 GC]
    The bartender hands you a key.
    "Second door to the right. "

10. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I go towards the room, being stealthy and sneakily looking under the doors into other rooms.

11. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Loot:
    Glasses
    Appointment Book
    Clothes
    Ring of Persuasion
    Removes the time limit of Charm Person

Lord: "The Bloodwood may have it's southwestern reaches in this valley, but it extends hundreds of miles north, nearly to the tip of the empire. It's less of a forest itself, and more of a blight upon the largest forest and sanctuary of the elves. The interior of the forest is still pure, and a small corridor, further north, has been purified enough to let one access it, but the bloodwood converts more and more elven territory each year. However, it cannot infect where there are no trees, so we utterly destroyed any even close to the border, as everyone did.

As for this valley, it's simply a seat of power. Kyre, valley, to the west, is smaller, but it contains a road going from the capital down through the mountains and out to the southern tip of the fog coast. Kyuuvar is the main city in that valley, and it is very much a city, unlike this old place. Eood used to be a good location due to it containing a road going straight to the elven capital, but over the years the population of the Riverthrone has shrunk and shrunk. Many people are constantly pestering me to move to Kyuuvar.. but.. this place is peaceful. The throne is ancient and sacred.

The closest thing we have to equipment is that of the adventurers that come here. Many disembark from the Windy River, for this is the final port on its route. The reason we have to militia is because this valley is so secluded that we very rarely go to war.

Either way, I'm going to be dead soon, so it won't really matter. You have the time for another answer from me. What shall it be?"

First Door L: Empty
    First door R: Empty
    Second Door L: Two people. What are those noi- Oh. You should probably leave them alone.
    Second Door R: Your room
    Third Door L: Empty
    Third Door R: Lights off. Loud snoring
    Fourth Door L: Someone sitting on the bed. "34 GC... 35 GC.... 36 GC..."
    Fourth Door R: Empty

Using the key on your room, you're greeted with a small space, roughly 5x7. A bed is in the corner, with a window near the head. There's a table and chair, with an unlit candle and a matchbox. There's also a small chest, for storage.

12. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I take the Appointment Book and Ring of Persuasion. (If I have room, if not please tell me)

Leon: "Lord of the Riverthrone. This is great information. I ask formally to receive your blessing. I will continue your legacy and restore this city to the peace it once met. At the moment of your death, I know you will be in good hands. The stars tell me so."

I kneel on one knee and lower my head.

"Justice will be done, and I will make sure of it."

13. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I kneel and lower my head as well.

14. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "I pretty much already knew everything you told me. Well anyway give me more of that fog bear and while you're at it give me my money back and a key to a good room."

15. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez:"excuse me sir mind getting me a room while the charm is in effect I can give you more info on the cult as payment"

16. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I go into my room and rest for a few minutes, then try to look closer at the room by Fourth Door L.

17. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "And what is this information? I pretty much knw everything already, als why are you so eager to talk to an old man in a hood who just charmed bartender to give him free alcohol and information?"

18. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez:''i don't judge by looks, and you did just charm him so you made my job easier if you could make him meet me outside in a bit, as for the info i can tell you where their main base is, and how their boss looks like''

19. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Sure."
    I tell the bartender to go outside.

20. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    i only say and do this after he leaves(if he leaves)

Dez;''Thanks, now if I'm not mistaken that guy is the boss of the cult so i have a job to do''
    and i go after the bartender

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.