1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Am I done falling down the stairs?

2. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    I sneak away, following Leon.

3. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You all make it to the foot of the stairs, preparing to go up. this'll be eas-
    "Field Alteration #1"
    From your perspective, he's moving crazy fast. You have about a second or two before he makes it to your position. The summons don't appear to be moving faster, however.

You enter the magic shop. It seems very small to you, with books on massive shelves and strange items hanging on the wall or in haphazard stacks. A young looking elven woman is checking the books on one of the shelves.
    "Hmm? Ah, Welcome. I'm Sbelseh Lehr. You can look around and find an item or spellbook that interests you, then ring it up with me."

Yes. You're one the first floor, far below.. Also you feel like every part of your body is broken. The recovery potion's effect is still active however, so you're getting better. Probably a minute till you can move?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I move into a position where I can't hit Leon or Robert and spin around with my sword.

5. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I try to read My Arcane tome of Knawledge and try to find a chapter on fire magic.

6. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Dez:"thank you,but I'll look around a bit later I was interested in this pendant I found (I show her the pendandt)I've tried breaking it open but it seems like thats not possible so I was wondering if you can tell me anything about it"

7. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Could I open my cape and transport us somewhere "random" just to get us out of this pickle?

8. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since I'm using an Earth-Air build, does it appear that I'll be able to move as fast as him?

9. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You back away from the other two and prepare for a hit. He's here. You swing around as fast as you can, landing a direct hit. However, his skin is really, really hard. Your shortsword snaps in two.

In this tome lies every single thing you've learned over your long life, notes on the use of magic - they're all in here. Nothing on fire though. Dammit.

"Well, let me see it. [You hand her the pendant]. Well, it's clearly some magic item of some kind, but it looks like it has some... Wait. Appraise."
    Her eyes seem to widen tenfold.
    "This pendant is some kind of pocket dimension, holding something extremely powerful. whatever's in here dwarfs the magic capable of being used by the most powerful focuses I've ever seen. This might be the most powerful thing I've ever held. Makes sense it's locked, but I don't know of any way to open it."

You never actually told me that it can do that in your ability infodump. I don't actually see how the cape could do that and how it would fit. I'm going to have to say no.
    You probably have some decent walk speed, but this guy is on another level. Also, why does this need to be in a spoiler?

10. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez:"so is it able to be used as a magic focus while it's locked or does it need to be opend if so do you know anybody that might know how to open it?"

11. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Using the window of time granted by Thorston's Spin Attack, I use Uppercut to hit the person. I'd assume this causes them to be rocketed up into the ceiling, causing the stairway to be closed behind us.

BlueSlimerino likes this.
  12. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I take hold of Thorston and begin running.

13. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    "..."
    "YOU..."

14. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sbelseh: "That's the weird thing. Most focuses just let you use magic from the surrounding area, but whatever's inside here generates it. You cannot use whatever's inside the pendant right now, in fact, I think the actual pendant is a sealing mechanism."

You manage to hit the guy with less force than Thorston did - you don't want to break your shiny scythe air spear. However, the skill still takes effect, slamming him into the ceiling and destroying a good portion of it. He falls back on to the ground, slightly injured. However, by then you're already legging it out of there.
    It doesn't explode or slam him into the ground, you haven't unlocked those upgrades yet. Yes, you have all the spells, but no upgrades. Yes, this makes no sense.

Somehow, nothing stops you. Somehow.

Thorston begins shaking his fist and yelling out numerous profanities.

15. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Alright I think that might be the item we need to stop the forest. We should go examine it at the town."

16. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez:"I assume there is no way of knowing whats in the pendant before opening it. Anyways I'm not the richest so what can I get for about 10 gold coins?"

17. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I look if there's anything on casting more potent spells.

18. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The tunnel behind you starts collapsing for no good reason at all. Structural failure? Either way, it stops once you get back to the fork. Seems you're safe.

Sbelseh: "hmm... minor magic items usually sell for 50+, but for 10 I could sell you 1-2 basic spellbooks. Each has the instructions to cast a spell written in it."

Ah! There's a note scrawled in there.
    '...so in order for my spells to increase in lethality or magnitude, I need to train them by repeated use, whether by practice or live battle. "More efficient use of magic power", that guy called it.'

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  19. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    I put down Thorston.

I nod and begin down the way from whence we came.

20. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.