1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Gavel Patch 14.0.10

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastersnacks

Pastersnacks Emperor of History HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Omg I never would of thought of doing an air based build if it weren't for this.. so thanks in a way but this point is super true and I am having WAY more fun with my air build.

Tapu_Fini likes this.
  2. Geronimo_r

Geronimo_r Hunter LVL 75. Achieved: August 13th 2014, 02:25AM CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Soooo... LifeSteal and ManaSteal being completely broken isn't major?
    I stopped playing for over 2 weeks now because its broken.
    Please fix. thanks.

3. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It is not broken.

4. nilire4810

nilire4810 Professional Self-Proclaimed Photographer | Adam CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It isn't broken, they reworked it so that you have to Basic Attack instead of casting spells to trigger the Life Steal and Mana steal.

5. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Well it did take a bit more than 5min to fix but other than that it's pretty spot on.

6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Blame multihit. It's pretty friggen OP if you can regain all of your mana and deal ridiculous amounts of damage.

7. Geronimo_r

Geronimo_r Hunter LVL 75. Achieved: August 13th 2014, 02:25AM CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Last time I was on, with about 400/3s LifeSteal, it just about did.. Nothing.
    Mana Steal total of 8/3s, did nothing either.
    A few of my friends notice they arent having ANY life steal happening either.
    Life Regen I am not sure, because my stats are too low to claim its not working.

8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    It Mana steal only works with BASIC ATTACKS, not with spells, and according to your mana steal, only gives you around 8 mana per 3 hits

9. Fread

Fread Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well spell dmg is still pretty OP
    my smoke bomb can still land a 15k with a near max soul sig 180 memento and 3 jesters and max strength and max dexterity with my grimtrap which worth 5 stacks (awesome id)
    So guys
    no worry it is still strong you can still solo qira under a minute

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    NotAlex, FrozenJelly_ and nilire4810 like this.
  10. ohwooops

ohwooops Not Very Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    After reinstalling MC and finally logging on, I actually take back everything I said >.>
    My damage definitely reduced, but not by an unplayable amount or anything, and I can still do pretty decent damage. This update has basically balanced the classes now, quite happy about this!

11. deadluke

deadluke ...

Minecraft:
    YES devs! we waited a long time for an update and yay! Its a bug fix! WOW, not having good spell dmg really improved the game A LOT and improves gameplay! *clap* *clap* *clap*

Witcher likes this.
  12. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

XavierEXE, Cruuk and Moe_Ronickah like this.
  13. Esfores

Esfores In and Out of Existence

I agree, not one shotting everything and having to put a decent amount of effort into killing enemies when you have spells that you can already spam the shit out of was a good change and will likely encourage builds that aren't Water, seeing as there was pretty much no reason to use anything else before. I'm looking forward to seeing the new strategies people come up with to cope rather than making yet another cookie cutter spell damage class. Seriously, go play any other MMO and tell me how many of your spells instantly kill basically every enemy and isn't one of those "takes a lot of mana and you have to stand still for 10 seconds" attacks that high damage mage classes typically have.

Witcher, then perish and Cruuk like this.
  14. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah! Fuck you devs for removing broken builds and balancing the game! Yeah!!

15. deadluke

deadluke ...

Minecraft:
    not talking to you bro so stop being a fanboy
    exactly i took 5 min but SOMEHOW this took quite a long time to release.... like i wasted over like 6 stacks of le for my builds based on spell dmg and now you guys be like its a glitch. Gavel was released on near the end of December and now its close to April so like 3 months now and NOW you guys say this? Im really butthurt so if you have a problem with that i dont care.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  16. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yay, finally.

I'm so glad they fixed mage. I was beginning to get tired of having my knight (which has 18k+ health) getting one-shotted by mages that dealt 20k damage. It always disturbed me that mage was destroying my defensive class. At least now, I have a proper chance to win a fight against one.

17. Pastersnacks

Pastersnacks Emperor of History HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    XD GOLDERR REMEMBER ME

18. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you had listened to what I said about this before, you would know that Salted only very recently learned how ridiculously powerful he accidentally made raw spell damage. It was not fixed before now because he did not know it was an issue.

Cruuk, XavierEXE and MaxyGames like this.
  19. Sir Devastation

Sir Devastation Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like how everyone is butthurt while I as a mage honestly can not give a shit about the nerf

BuffAirSpear, scallysche and Cruuk like this.
  20. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    Jeez... Cool it, we realize your build has been nerfed. 6 Stacks of LE? How do you think those people who've bought Mama Zombie's Memory or even the Pumpkin Helmet felt after they got duped to where they lost over 90% of their value? Things like this happen... not just in this game, but in tons of other games. Remember, this is the result of a BUG FIX. That means that there was a problem with the game, and they FIXED it. Raw Spell Damage was never meant to be that powerful. Your 6 Stacks of LE worth of endgame mage set? Its still fairly viable. What is it? 2-3 Mana for a Meteor that does 6-7k dmg? Thats not all that bad... Also, if worse comes to worst, just sell it. The market has turned their backs on Raw Spell Damage items, but if they were worth 6 Stacks of LE, I’m assuming they’re maxed. Anything maxed = worth quite a bit. I’m sure you can still get 3-4 Stacks of that LE back..

Cruuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.