1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Gale & Ohms: Official Information Thread

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gartato

Gartato NIS' FILTHY DANK MEMER VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've looked through the majority of Sky Islands. Absolutely freaking nothing about Gale/Ohms.

2. Air_Locke_

Air_Locke_ im a water bottle HERO

Minecraft:
    probably somewhere that isnt actually in game yet AMIRITE

3. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because of the elemental "wheel". Each element is strong against one, and weak against another.

Fire is weak to Water is weak to Thunder is weak to Earth is weak to Air is weak to Fire. However, most enemies also resist their native element(in this case, Air). And, she resists Thunder because...well, she was in love with a thunder mage. Do you really expect such dedicated lovers to leave weaknesses to stray attacks from the two most uncontrollable elements?

4. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Isn't ohms the third scientist in the trio of brilliant scientists from the magic academy that went mad (the other two are nohono and yahya)

5. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @Selvut283 Am I allowed to say what I know about these scientists?

Zitrine likes this.
  6. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He is not. Gale and Ohms' time was far, far before Yahya and Nohno were even born.
    You are not.

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  7. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Ok, thanks for letting me know c:

8. TheAule

TheAule The Smithy of the Valar

Guild:
    "Gale and Ohms' time was far, far before Yahya and Nohno were even born."

Yey more lore. If they come from such an old time, then it is likely that their gravesite would not be part of a building, more of an ancient complex, maybe falling apart, as seen in Time Valley. Of course, many builds in Gavel are aged. The dwarves and elves are assumed to have long lifespans, so their cities are probably very old. Nonetheless, this gives even more import to searching Everywhere!

9. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ohm - "The ohm (symbol: Ω) is the SI derived unit of electrical resistance, named after German physicist Georg Simon Ohm." - Ohm is a Thunder Mage (Electrical Resistance) and a freelance scientist (German physicist).

Gale - A very strong wind (Air Elemental her element, and Air bows). A Gale classified as 11 is a "Violent Storm" (Relation to Ohm - Electricity in storms?). From Wikipedia - "There is a unique Beaufort Scale number and a unique Arrow Indication for each type of Wind Description mentioned above." (Arrows related to Bows -Gale's weaponry)

10. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll be completely honest, the names were both a coincidence. They wre derived from the city of Gale-Ohms, a place in the RuniCraft project that never came to fruition. It is an anagram of one of the team member's...nicknames.

FishWaffle and XavierEXE like this.
  11. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dream Crusher ;_;

jaz3001 and SaltyMeatBalls like this.
  12. McMasterx

McMasterx ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valar MorGavelis HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know its common to name cities after members, but what were the characteristics of this dead city? Or would that give mis-information.

13. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's completely irrelevant to the characters now, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to reminisce.

Gale-Ohms was a port pirate town, nestled near a wide open bay surrounded by high cliffs. It, in concept, would have been somewhat similar to Kandon-Beda or Pirate Town in layout, with a majority of the buildings hanging off the cliffs. there was a black market sort-of deal planned, as well, where you could buy certain powerful items for a mint. It was not, however, the only port city in RuniCraft; just the first one players would arrive at.

14. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i think i just found either ohms or gales tomb, im not posting on fourms though :3

15. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @Selvut283 wants us to reveal it to show that we have successfully found it. It would be extremely cruel not to release that important information.

16. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i didnt fully discover it the tomb yet, i found a tomb, but im trying to get threw the puzzles.

17. McMasterx

McMasterx ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valar MorGavelis HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh but you're Wrong about irrelevance, This gives but a small clue as to how early in RuniCraft Gale-Ohms would have been. You refer to it as the first Port town, 1 of many, not as the First town the player enters. Someone on the Runi content team that was given a beginners type City. The explanation for future references. (it sounds like Nemract as if it was located in Pirate bay East of the Church) {or Nemract if it was located in the bay south of HalfMoon Isle}

18. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You didn't get to the oceans until approximately Lv 50. There were actually two oceans planned; a smaller, icy one near the glaciers, and a much larger tropical one. Gale-Ohms was going to be near the tropical one, though the glacial seas were soon after at about Lv 65.

19. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do we know if Gale/Ohms were human?

20. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Gale is seemingly a female human, as seen by her head not resembling any Villager.

Kahsol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.