Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Flying Kick Collide should work like this:

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by BabaFisi, Sep 14, 2024 at 4:54 AM.

?

Do you like my ideas for Flying Kick and Collide?

1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BabaFisi

BabaFisi The Rifted Jack-of-All-Trades CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Flying Kick: Charge halts your momentum and damages enemies you run into. Charge has increased downward vertical movement

Collide: Mobs thrown into walls or floors by Flying Kick will receive more damage.

I don’t remember who exactly I heard this from, but on the Wynncraft DC, I remember a developer saying they wanted Flying Kick to be a MANDATORY ability for Battle Monk. The issue with this is that a mandatory skill should either have some sort of significance, or be worth using. As of current, Flying Kick and ESPECIALLY Collide don’t check either of those boxes.

My suggestion for Flying Kick would play more into the “Flying” part of the name. Allowing for increased downward momentum would give Warrior a small niche over other classes, being a sort of “fast fall” which would be especially useful in Lootruns, where momentum and movement is key. I thought about maybe also making Flying Kick actually allow flying with Upward movement, but I thought that would be too op… I specify downward momentum because of the change to Collide.

Collide now works if you charge into enemies from above, making them crash into the floor. This would synergize well with Flyby Jab to make for a Charge centric playstyle, and make for a more engaging way to play the archetype, instead of “Cast bash and War Scream until it dies”

So the idea is you gain verticality with Whirlwind Strike, sending you above the enemy, allowing you to spam Charge and deal tons of damage really fast, or Spell combo with Tempest and Thunderclap.

Edit: the title is a bit misleading, I think. I don’t think this 100% think this is how it SHOULD be. More so how it COULD be. I’ll be mindful of how I word things in future.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 8:57 AM
    Elytry likes this.
  2. Elytry

Elytry Currently Spiralling (depression) VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    (you can edit titles)