Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Fix Lightbender's non-meta issues

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by _Rippi, Oct 6, 2024.

?

Are these fixes for the ever-beloathed lightbender archetype good?

Poll closed Sunday at 12:11 PM.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. _Rippi

_Rippi V.I.P. (Varis is Perfect) I LOVE REVOLVER VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First off, read this to find the issues I found with lightbenders: https://discord.com/channels/143852930036924417/1282652628563791883

Now the issues are mostly just "lightbender tree is badly designed", "Dark mage skin is outdated", "lightbenders are both bad in groups and good in groups", and "lightbender archetype makes other the other archetypes revolve around it"... And there are more issues, like "Ophanim relying on specific attack speeds", "Lightweaver is only good because of a bug", "Ophanim can't hit their targets at all/hard to hit targets"...

So I'll go one by one, providing my fix for each:

"Lightbender Tree is badly designed"
    So if you would start playing pure lightbender, you would get ophanim at level 25, get better ophanim (+1 orb) at lvl 50, and get divination (+3 orbs) at level 56 (so the gap between 2 to 3 orbs is 14 ability points, and between 3 and 6 orbs is 3 ability points). Also, you go from 2-3-6 orbs, which is a big jump.

You can fix this by removing stronger ophanim, replacing it with "Better ophanim I" and moving this new node to the other side (so it can be unlocked by fluid healing), have a second "Better Ophanim II" at the original location, and connecting Divination in parallel to Sunflare (instead of Healthier Ophanim II), and making divination only give 2 orbs (you would still have 6 orbs total)

This way, you delay the 6 orbs to lvl 60, and have more progression. The progression would be unlock Ophanim (2 orbs) at lvl 25, unlock 3 orbs at lvl 39, unlock 4 orbs at lvl 50, and unlock the last 2 orbs at lvl 60. This is a much smoother curve, shown in graph:
    [https://imgur.com/gallery/graph-V8iWO29]

"Dark Mage skin is outdated"
    In fact, most skins are outdated, change nothing, etc etc... But i think the ophanims can be fixed easily for dark mage. In fact, I could fix them myself by just searching the skins with ophanim head, and inverting colors, or use a different hue. The orbs of light look weird when the skin is Dark mage.

You can even fix this with a simple button in a website. I do believe that the skins will be reworked once they come out as textures instead of particles, but doing this can't take more than 1 day
    [https://imgur.com/gallery/huerota-GKvv97d]

"Lightbenders impede each other"
    Kinda vague, but this basically is 2 issues: `Your Ophanim can be healed by others` and `Lightbenders can't reach needed healing to activate sunflare`

Because the Heal ability of the mage class heals "both players and Ophanim", being able to heal each other's ophanim makes it impossible to even reach fortitude, since you can't stay near other lightbenders without being annoying by healing.

This could be fixed by making mage heal... Only heal your own Ophanim. IDK what's the code situation with mage class, but this would be enough to let Lightbenders live together and use their abilities instead of live together.

"Ophanim relying on specific attack speeds"
    Lightbender is the hybrid archetype, where you mix main attacks with spells that last, but you can only use slow atk speed for optimal values? If you try to use slower atk speed with ophanim, you'll lose damage, if you try to use faster, you'll lose mana steal value.

This should be fixed by just making the ophanim attack like powder's charge, where the slower the attack speed is, the more orbs attack.

"Lightweaver is only good because of a bug"
    Right now Lightweaver deals a lot of damage against 2 bosses (The Canyon Colossus and Annihilation), because the lightweaver orbs can hit multiple times (and this is confirmed to be a bug). But once this is fixed, lightweaver will do nothing, because its range is too narrow to deal damage to other around you (even though lightbender has 3 aoe spells, its still a single target class because they `don't hit anything`/`don't deal enough damage`.

While thinking of this, It reminded me of Io (a hero from DotA 2), which has a similar ability (orbs that circle you), and those orbs can be controled to either be closer to you or farther from you. So you can make lightweaver circle around you at the radius of how much you healed. so if you haven't healed more than 100, theyll stick to you, at 150% theyll be at half of the radius, at 200% theyll be at the original range and at 250%+ they would be the farthest away.

If this is too hard/time consuming, Io's orbs also explode when they expire/hit other heroes, so they could do the same (explode when they expire/hit bosses(and players in pvp)).

"Ophanim can't hit their targets at all/hard to hit targets"

Ophanim's hitbox is too small. Make it bigger/make it seek targets.

Urias0, Flufe, Elytry and 1 other person like this.