1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

First Wynncraft Experience?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Nickycap, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoodelf

Spoodelf Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I first joined some point in 2013/2014. And even though the server was nowhere near as polished as it is today, it was so much fun to just go around casting spells with my shovel. My first class was warrior, and I don't remember much but what I do remember is that I was horrendous at MMORPGs and their mechanics. I remember travelling across the ocean, just exploring without the map. And then I eventually came across this great closed quartz gate which is now the entrance to Gavel. I tried climbing over the gate but was stopped by an invisible barrier. So I only really saw the flat surface above the gate and nothing on the other side.

I remember another experience where I was convinced there was not a single cookie to be found in Wynncraft. So being the strange kid I was, I went around asking if anybody knew a location of a cookie. After 3 hours of exploration I had finally found one... In an item frame in Almuj...

Also I remember the Silverfish dungeon being a pain for me to do. But other than these experiences, I don't remember much.

I still have my Hallowynn mask and I remember the quest making me scared. But back then, I believed Herobrine was actually in the game. I miss being a kid.

Good times.

Nickycap likes this.
  2. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez hi i play hic CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I joined sometime in early 2014 I think.
    I found Wynncraft and asked one of my friends if he wanted to play with me. He said “sure”, and we started playing Wynncraft :D

I started of as a warrior thinking it was the best class, but switched to mage at lvl 16 bc I had lost a lot of my stuff from dying, oof.

List of memories:
    -I used to have ALL of my emeralds on me on my mage class, even the ones I gathered on other classes. So I was in Lusuco at some point and I had to go and do something IRL, so I afked, and lost 27 le. mega oof

-I used to love those glitched servers in we’re the only place anyone could be was the starting area, and you could kill anyone lol

-A few months (2-3 I think) after Gavel was released, me and 2 friends were running around in the Olux swamp, when the server glitched out and chat became global on that server, you didn’t see what class or lvl anyone was in chat, and chunks stopped rendering. But you weren’t lagging, so you could just jump off and it was a vanilla flat world.
    We ran around until we found a village, and since the currency in Wynncraft is emeralds, of course we had a few of them on us, so we started trading with the villagers and got vanilla items lol

I don’t know what my friends did with their vanilla items, but I kept them for a LOOONG time... until somebody told me they were illegal and I threw them into Mt. Wynn. Oof
    They were a Iron Axe and a Leather Chestplate so I could just go around smacking ppl with a iron axe lol didn’t do any Dmg of course but it was still a bit of fun.

-I had no idea what “/guild xp” did, so I had it on 100% when I was a lvl 56 mage, and I just couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t gaining any xp. Eventually after a month, I told one of my friends and he asked me what I had set my guild xp to. Ye, I had no idea what it was, he explained, I set it to 0 and kill some mobs in herb cave and boom, xp

I felt a bit stupid after that one ngl

-The day Gavel was released I had to go and help my dad move something from one of our relatives house, so the whole time I was there, the only thing I could think of was Gavel lol

-I went through all my screenshots a few months ago and I found one from pregavel that was just of me screaming in the chat.
    Not being toxic or anything like that. Just... “udbxjebiwndunsdij&:8jshdienxinKkO&.kr:krkiIsjiksodjll”
    ye I deleted the screenshot, wish I had hadn’t lol

Nickycap likes this.
  3. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    So do I lol, the only reason I know it exists is because I took that path to get to Ragni from Nemract, because I didnt know that scrolls existed. It stayed for a bit after 1.18 and I found a bob's tear in it.

Nickycap likes this.
  4. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Does literally noone remember the Detlas Suburbs bat cave chest >:[ (yes they revamped it, it's now bats and bunnies+parkour)

Linnyflower and Nickycap like this.
  5. Nickycap

Nickycap Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Wow there are so many responses now! I guess everyone has such a memorable experience.
    I saw one person talking about the gates into llevigar and how it amazed them. I can say the same exact thing. Llvegiar and Troms both made my jaw drop as i walked into them for the first time.

Wynncraft also gave me some good friends too. I remember when i rejoined back in 2016 I had met and joined a whole friend group that had english as their second language. Some of them didnt even know english at all. It was amazing talking to them and they are actually the ones who brought me to llevigar for the first time, since i didnt think there was anything across that ocean.

6. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    dying all those times as low-lvl because i though being warrior meant i could take the damage

the fat hype in my group of friends as we first joined the server, basically on release day

that damn 3rd portal that was never open

the never ending restarts every 5-10 mins

swarms in detlas, oh those lovely swarms

Nickycap likes this.
  7. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

This is why Shaman exists
    Basically every AFK player was eviscerated (I've never seen a swarm but the amount of mobs would cause lag so I suppose a literal army)

Nickycap likes this.
  8. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    the lag was why they removed it
    big :(

Nickycap likes this.
  9. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pre-Gavel
    Background: I had just turned 9 years old. I used to watch Antvenom and he was dating another youtuber called Grailmore, who made a Wynncraft video. My brother showed me her Wynncraft video and I thought it was cool.

I joined on the 23rd of July 2013, as a warrior. Getting my first legendary was maybe my favourite experience pre-Gavel. It was a Maltic's Old Spear, which I loved. I really loved doing swarms when they were a thing. My worst memory was probably when I was level 23 I believe. I used to have 2mbps download speed and .3mbps upload (there are 8 people in my family too) so I lagged a shitton and died a lot. While trying to grind in the old desert, I lost my gear, and my spear - Legendary Smasher, so 9 year-old me had a tantrum.
    Post-Gavel
    Background: I was 11 years-old. Pre-Gavel I switched from warrior to assassin and got my assassin to 75.

The game was completely different post-Gavel so thats why I'm including a section for this. Assassin was hit hard by nerfs, and in general was just a shit class. Pre-Gavel I didn't quest much (except for the really big quests, e.g. Reincarnation). I continued on my assassin, however. I didn't really know that quests were the best way to level post-Gavel until after I took a break and came back with a new mindset. I returned in February 2016 and joined my first big guild (The Blues) where I felt welcome. Doing 'The Bigger Picture' was my first post-Gavel quest experience. Basically my first post-Gavel experience was 11 year-old me being confused at all these changes. It was a mixed experience. I kinda had to grow into it a bit before I got going, because I thought I could just grind my way to 100 without much struggle, as I did pre-Gavel. Gavel's release brought a slew of changes, which took lots of time to adapt to, but when I was able to adapt it was a truly unique, entertaining and irreplacable experience.

Nickycap likes this.
  10. Jewol

Jewol Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I remember my friend inviting me to Wynncraft in 2013, when I was at MOST 13, and she brought me all around and helped me level up. I was an Archer, and I absolutely adored it, although everything was very confusing and I didn't appreciate the lore as much as I do now. My friend (level 75) got me a horse, and together we rode to the Silverfish Dungeon and grinded it 10s of times, with her heavily carrying me. Eventually I ranked up enough, and we took our horses along the West Mountains on the border and rode the 10 minute journey to Llevigar, which I'm still obsessed with to this day. After that we eventually moved on, and I returned at level 45 still about a year ago after an update video appeared in my recommended section. I am now level 74 on my Archer, and a week ago I started as a Mage and introduced my boyfriend to the server, and we're both level 40 already :)

Salted likes this.
  11. 3DSMate

3DSMate The shadow assassin VIP+

Minecraft:
    I was a fan of CraftedMovie at the time and I found the trailer when it came out and thats how I started. I think I joined a few months in so the game was rather unrecognizable to nowdays, one particular memory was that of the open Troms area, since nothing there was built and it was still open you could walk through an empty map of mounds and make your way back into the forest through the other entrance/exit.

Nickycap likes this.
  12. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Lagging so hard that I had to switch computers.

Nickycap likes this.
  13. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The first time I played on Wynncraft was 2017. I saw a video about the server by SparkofPhoenix and I had to try it out. I obviously chose mage (dont have to explain why) and strated playing. The tutorial was amazing. When I heared the Wynn-music the first time I instandly was amazed and wanted to play more. The tutorial was quite difficult for me because everything the NPC's said was english and I didn't knew the language that good to understand everything (I could only speak/understand German and Italian). So I needed some time to figure out that I had to press the button below that tree to continue on my journey. When I finally came to Ragni the real adventure started. I needed some time to understand how the identification-system, the questbook, the skill-point thing etc. work because I had never played a MMORPG. Eventually I started getting better and better ... ad here we are... now with more english knowledge.
    thx CT for the amazing experience

Nickycap likes this.
  14. TheWiz99

TheWiz99 (almost) Grand Wizard

Minecraft:
    I was a fan of CraftedMovie way back in 2012 when they released the first trailer advertising the release of the open Beta. Back then, there was no tutorial, no quests, no horses, no Troms, no Great Sea content (there were only a few empty islands and a castle where Maro Peaks is now), no skill points, no music, no resource pack, no guilds, and so much more. Identifying only did one item at a time and they only did one ID per purchase. Detlas Suburbs was comprised of VIP Town and the Pigball Arena.

Elements of vanilla-Minecraft had a bigger presence on the server and gameplay. Everyone had an arrow stuck in their inventory because the Archer class needed one to fire their bows. There were only three powders with only two tiers that were really rare and would gave actual enchantments like thorns, fire aspect, sharpness, (green was objectivley the best one back then). Shops used the villager's old trading UI. Everything was just archaic.

The dungeons, from what I remember, was harder as they were designed using only what vanilla-Minecraft offered and the were named after a mob. There were no dungeon keys; so you could do them as many times as you want. Decrepit Sewers (originally Skeleton Dungeon) started out with a parkour section with skeletons shooting at you and if you fell off, you had to wade through the water while taking shots. Lost Sanctuary (Animal dungeon) was a mandatory co-op dungeon as you needed a mage, archer and wizard to get through the dungeon (assassin was optional as the class was VIP exclusive).

Then there were raids which were REALLY FUN events. Basically, at random and rare intervals the server would determine a random city on a random world would be under siege by the monsters. These events had us players fighting hordes of mobs across all levels spawning in the cities and we had to kill them all in a chaotic rumble. You would see spells flying everywhere, low level players that were unprepared getting spawned killed in the streets, and the LAG WAS REAL.

Even outside raids the server was a massive lag fest for the first few years. When I first started out, the entire world would freeze; mobs, spells, weapon attacks, even other players would stop for 5-10 seconds only to boot back up. The most interesting part about this case is that during these time freezes, you could move freely and any attack and spell inputs would register. When everything started moving again, we would all teleport and dish out a flurry of attacks like we're Dio spamming Za Warudo.

As fondly as I remember old Wynncraft, the amount of Quality of Life and content throughout the past 8 years is something I am glad to witness.

Nickycap likes this.
  15. ShadOBabe

ShadOBabe Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I joined the server one week ago! So my Wynncraft experience began January 22, 2020. I’m a Warrior and as of right now, I’ve gotten to level 36.
    I was watching Grian’s videos on YouTube and remembered him mentioning the server, and he recently advertised the newest update. I was in a Minecrafty mood I’d been wanting to try it out, so I dove in.
    Things I like the least: Lag during dungeons, missing out on cinematic stuff because I pointed my camera in the wrong direction, PARKOUR... Especially under a time limit.
    Things I like the most: World design, lore, And using normal Minecraft assets as other things entirely (i.e. experience orbs are now fireflies).

Nickycap likes this.
  16. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Since last week's DXP weekend, lag has been very present and is goddamn annoying, and EU servers were the ones suffering the most from that, they even went down

Nickycap likes this.
  17. Artifacter

Artifacter Lootrunning cuz my luck is terrible VIP+

Minecraft:
    Looting my first pre-gavel tier IV chest.
    It was in the cave right opposite the current Iboju village. You had to press a button between the iron bars and get into the crawl space where the tier IV chest was. There was also a sign but I forgot the text on it.

Nickycap likes this.
  18. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

He meant how you first joined and found the server

Nickycap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.