1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event First Month Competition! (begin) (wynncraft Art)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by IcyWheat, Jun 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItzMarkkk

ItzMarkkk Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    @IcyWheat, does it necessarily have to be pictures or drawings, do poems suffice? It is an art form is it not?

2. IcyWheat

IcyWheat Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Well you're right, but what I had in mind for this competition have to be pictures/drawings. Therefore, poems will not be allowed for this, sorry!

3. IcyWheat

IcyWheat Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Ending in 2 days, please submit before the deadline.

4. ghost of wynn

ghost of wynn Ghost of wynn

Minecraft:
    upload_2020-7-17_2-51-53.png

An intricate artwork displaying the daily life of the mage with his full glory

Emogla3, StormDragon4 and Mettymagic like this.
  5. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    i really do like that this wonderful piece of art is probs gonna win by default

6. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Submitting here because I want to talk about my process a bit.

[​IMG]

A painting of the Ragni Outskirts, just something I worked on for fun while trying to decide what to do for a bigger submission. Thought I'd add it in since I can submit 2. It's my first digital painting too :)

Now onto the main bit: I wanted to build a structure from Wynn out of bristol board. The timing wasn't great since there were only ~3 weeks until the deadline when I got the idea, but I decided to go ahead with it. I was about to settle for building the Fallen Factory until I read a thread about favourite Wynncraft dungeons, after which I decided I would make:

a̴̞̚a̶̢̢̛͎̳̯̻̠̐̌̋̾̏̅̿͛̐̾̓̈̚̚͜ȃ̷̧̮̗͉̤͔̳̘̱̙̭̹̹̣̿̓̋͐͋̓̈̈́͂̈́̀̇̕͜͝ả̷̧̧͖̻̱͍̫͉̯͈̓̀͐̄͜͝ả̵̹̪̎͑̇́ȃ̸͔̙̟̙̮̜ȁ̸̰̯̰̮̩̱̀̅͛̅͘͠a̵̞̥͓͆̓́á̵̢͔̯͉͈̬͇̤͐̈̿̓̅̈́̕̕͘̚ͅͅ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know there are hot glue strings hanging everywhere and some pretty unclean photoshop to get rid of some black edges in the background, please ignore them I got too tired to fix both of these :(
    For those of you curious, the dimensions are roughly 27cm x 13cm x 30cm

Yep, EO. I had to cut the back half and sides out because if there's anything I learned from Grian's Hermitcraft mansion(s) it's that the back doesn't matter - and also for time's sake. I didn't really calculate any parts properly, and so a lot of it is extremely off in proportion and size. Heck, there's an entire section I improvised because there was such a big gap. I'm a little disappointed about the quality of the top half, but still pretty happy with the overall result. Maybe I'll finish the sides someday or even do this for another Wynn structure (something simpler that I can take my time with so I don't feel like dying by the time it's done), but for now I need to start studying for an exam in 3 weeks.

Thanks for hosting this contest, I look forward to seeing all the other submissions, and good luck everyone! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

euouae, Mettymagic, IcyWheat and 6 others like this.
  7. Superflinsauzer

Superflinsauzer You Smell

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2020-7-18_14-28-30.png

Hello! This is my submission. :) I tried to use a little more elements from the Wynncraft style for it, which I think turned out okay (sort of...)! Its a picture of my friend, The_Red_Moon that I made for her about a week ago! Other than that the rocks turned out okay I guess.

8. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    These look absolutely incredible! I haven't really been following this competition much, but I'm excited to see what the community creates for this!

The_Red_Moon likes this.
  9. m0chu | anson

m0chu | anson gaze of th e snowbank

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Saya, WithTheFish, Jelliee_ and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.