1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Featured Wynncraftian Featured Wynncraft Season 3 Episode 1 - Wynncon Founders

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Bank, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i eat bees

i eat bees i eat bees HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with you, It is extremely unfair for the team of the other people who worked on Wynncon even harder then most of the actual founders, But they are not in the place of power to investigate the exact people who worked the most and give each one specifically the "Featured Wynncraftian" rank, So picking all of the 4 founders which are also well known in the community even without Wynncon is the most obvious choice, Although I personally think I do deserve to be a Featured Wynncraftian but not only because of Wynncon, Just like all or at least most of the other Wynncon founders.

~Mutton

2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    why bother have nominations if you pick people that weren't nominated.
    I agree that some of those fw need to get fw but they got it for the wrong reasons.
    making an event is nothing new, there were events before I joined wynn and there will be events after I'll leave, these guys didn't start anything
    also from what I heard only 150 people got on for this, the legio events got 3 servers full on pre gavel wynn (when the player limit was 100 per server). Imperial and the Valkyrie alliance have been holding seasonal events open to the public.
    this isn't the biggest event, isn't the first, he only thing that it differs from other events is that specifically grian showed up, we had admins show up for other events.
    in short I don't see what has set this event aside from the other events.
    EDIT: after calming down a bit I see the reasoning behind this choice, I agree with these fw and offer them my congratulations.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Yamipanda, Bliss, TheHipster and 5 others like this.
  3. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    agreed. Giving everyone who worked on it Featured Wynncraftian would make it worth nothing, but the builders need credit in some way too.

i eat bees and Ascended Kitten like this.
  4. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While there have been other events, Wynncon was a big deal, a bit different than just a Thanksgiving Ball. A lot of people, not just staff members, showed up to talk about their experience in Wynncraft. It's probably one of the biggest gatherings of Wynncraft members I've seen. Wynncon was all about just getting the community together to have a good time, and boy did it work. That's why Wynncon stands out. The founders were also notable members of the community, so it worked out fortunately.

We'll still go through nominations in the future, by the way. But we wanted to start of with Wynncon since it fell right around the time when we wanted to bring FW back, so we did something a bit special. Some members will be picked through nominations, others will be chosen specifically.

We wanted to do it around when Wynncon happened because it was relevant at the time. However, trying to interview every single person who worked on the project at one time just wouldn't have worked out. The people who founded Wynncon were known for their event organizing, it wasn't only Wynncon. These people were known and we wanted to put the spotlight on them. Maybe we'll talk with other Wynncon staff in the future but there's just too many to do it right now. This Featured Wynncraftian episode wasn't exactly meant to be a credits list for Wynncon, just an interview with the people who started the event. However, I will edit the thread to give a link to the Wynncon thread where all of the staff members are credited.

5. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    SENPAI NOTICED ME!??!!!???!??!

i eat bees likes this.
  6. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I understand and previously mentioned that it would not have been a posibility to interview and honor each of the members who worked for Wynncon, and while it is true that those four are honorable members of the community not only because of Wynncon, those picks ruin the sense of player-driven nominations. In my opinion it would have been better (for reasons Yuno explained) to not choose someone from Wynncon, but to actually decide on someone nominated by the community.

Bio, ShadowMage1, XavierEXE and 3 others like this.
  7. Bank

Bank Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Cuz most are jokes/people that don't deserve it. This will get people suggesting again. Now stop ruining this.

Pretzule and Zelefant like this.
  8. Ascended Kitten

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And do you really think you are in the position of deciding which are jokes / "don't deserve it"? The community knows better, and most of those nominations include a vote.

Shanaaro, Bio, XavierEXE and 3 others like this.
  9. Bank

Minecraft:
    Yea, cuz I got to pick, the polls aren't relevant. If you have any issuss take it to a pm, or I'll thread ban you from this thread. This is to recognize people in the community, not for you to bitch your friends didn't get it.

Pretzule, Argagaes and Zelefant like this.
  10. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynncon wasn't "just any other event." Wynncon had ITS OWN SERVER. Did any Guild hosted events go that far? No, they did not. While, yes, the Legio events did fill servers quickly, did they go as far as build an entire world for the event? Did they do a heck ton of redstone to get working curtains? We worked our asses off to get this to become reality. All that other people did was grind grind grind to get their mythics for giveaways. While that also is hard, it's harder to build a entire medieval city that will only be used once.

And yes, we got Grian to show up but the difference between admins showing up at other events is Grian actually felt it would be cool to share some exclusive info with us,

oooh snap guys

don't mess with bank ;)

11. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And we will in the future but just because we're picking nominations doesn't mean we have to do it all the time. There are going to be people that the moderator team thinks deserve the spotlight. Occasionally we will do some special version of FW where it's not based on a nomination. Remember that the qualifications to even make a nomination are high which means that there's very few in reality. Not to mention there's a few joke nominations like Trump and whatnot.
    This is a moderator-organized event. While it does have a big community influence, the community does not make the rules. We still choose from the nominations, and we still have the right to choose people who weren't nominated. For example, just a hypothetical here, if someone were to nominate someone who is generally a toxic member and is known for violating the rules, but they still get support, we're not obligated to choose said toxic member. We don't exactly want to spotlight a rule-breaker. It caused flame wars in the past, and I don't doubt that it'd be the same in the present.

Pretzule likes this.
  12. Bank

Minecraft:
    Feel free to ask the FWians any questions you have during this time!

13. CrazyCookie

CrazyCookie The Craziest Mage

Minecraft:
  14. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  15. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  16. Ascended Kitten

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I won't take this to a PM since it is something everyone should have access to.
    You can't always keep a thread clean of "ugly responses", and I see no reason for threatening me with a thread-ban when all I did was expressing my opinion in an appropriate manner.
    While I don't want to criticize the authority of moderators here, they should be community representives, and decide with the general opinion in mind. Of course it is fine to honor specific players for their achievements even if they have not been voted for, but your response obviously said that you don't care about the polls at all, which I doubt is the right way to go.

Also, please notice that you more or less forced this reply with your rather offensive and threatening behavior towards me.

Shanaaro, Bio, Ha_Ha_Redstone and 6 others like this.
  17. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:

SHOTS F*CKING FIRED.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Bio, DJBorbo, TheHipster and 5 others like this.
  18. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *prepares popcorn and water for incoming flamewar*

DJBorbo, Bio, TheHipster and 4 others like this.
  19. DJBorbo

DJBorbo Wannabe edgy memeboi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  20. Victrix Securis

Victrix Securis Spanish, not Mexican | History nerd | Doodler VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Call the firefighters too...

Bio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.