1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Fast "item" Travel (1.20)

Discussion in 'Guild Discussions' started by quick007, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    with the map they released, its quite obvious that certain places will be veryop (rooster island, llvangir gate, and a couple of other places). well, what if all the travel ingame (fast travel players can use i.e. corkus to sky islands and fast travel they can't, i.e. airships) they would of course be heavily taxed, but could help with ppl getting emeralds from their hq to other places and such.

2. burble

burble dragon fruit go roar VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ooh, that's an interesting thought. Honestly, though, since I don't know what the current guild situation is like in the Hero beta, it's hard to say if that's needed or not.

quick007 likes this.
  3. Kredk

Kredk Duck Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting, but no.
    There's a pretty good reason why guild taxes don't affect anything/anybody negatively outside of guilds, which is because its designed to allow players to opt out of the experience.
    Forcing players to pay extra only because of the guild system would be quite invasive for the guild system. Guilds could be something that a player might not engage in or care about in any way, and forcing somebody to pay extra even though they couldn't care less seems pretty unfair

However,
    I do really like the suggestion of using the fast travel systems in place as a way to transport emeralds and materials faster, I think that would be really interesting from a strategy standpoint.

4. burble

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    . . . But how would this suggestion at all affect those outside of guilds? It's basically just adding more pathways from Gavel to Wynn and whatnot--currently (from what I've seen from screenshots--I'm not in the hero beta myself so my info may be outdated), if you want to get resources from Wynn to Gavel, it has to pass through Llevigar's gate/docks, because that's the only route. OP suggested to have fast travel be resource routes--so, like, you'd be able to make a trade route from the Letvus Airbase to Detlas.

Edit: I must've missed this part or maybe you edited it on:

Which is what OP was suggesting in the first place? I'm a bit confused.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  5. quick007

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    money would probably just go to salted (be a "money sink" as game devs call it) to discourage ppl from randomly attack places. It would be similar to market taxes. The main reason to use these trade routes would be to avoid the tolls that guilds use, so not having any taxes would cause ppl to only use fasttravel systems.

6. burble

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah. I agree. I'm agreeing with OP that it may be good to have more territories bridge the way between Gavel and Wynn. I think that Kredk, though, thought that, when OP meant "taxes," that players outside of guilds will be taxed when using fast travel? I'm not entirely sure tbh.

Edit: oh you're op

7. quick007

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no, obvi not. Only guilds would get taxed as items go through their fast travel (and maybe players if my warTP scrolls gets implemented in a certain way)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).png

burble likes this.
  8. burble

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah. Though TBH I think that the resources being heavily taxed is unnecessary--there are only so many fast travels, so guilds owning the territories likely will be placing a heavy tax on them already.

quick007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.