1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Fableds Are More Common Than Legendaries

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Druser, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Consider killing a level 90 mob. You can get items from the level range 86-94 (4 levels each way). If the drop chance for a legendary is X, the drop chance for a fabled is 0.1X. Within this range there are 24 legendary general drop items, and 2 fabled general drop items. That makes the chance of any specific legendary (e.g. Sagittarius) 0.0417X, while the chance of one of the fableds is 0.05X. You can repeat this process for more level ranges and see that generally the fabled rate is a bit higher (varies depending on the exact range of course).

brokenmotor likes this.
  2. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I mean technically no since there are no world drop favled weapons

3. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    The reason we're holding off on adding more Fabled right now is due to the amount of Major IDs. Fableds aren't meant to be stat boosted legendaries, but rather items with a unique and specific purpose that's specific to it. Things such as Mirror's Edge/Blind Thrust do this fairly well as a mobility item and a hybridized damage item respectively. The goal isn't to make Fableds for the sake of making them right now. Legendaries and other tiers already fill the absolute majority of niches, with Fableds sparingly filling in the rest.

There are more Mythics than Fableds because Mythics were never made with Major IDs in mind, but Fableds are. Mythics have also been around for many years at this point.

CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  4. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The problem is that youre focusing on the chance for a specific legendary just as I said, and using that to say that Legendaries are more common than Fableds, which you just admitted wasn’t the case with those numbers.
    I have no idea what youre trying to prove, you’re just agreeing with me

AlexisPlay likes this.
  5. xKar

xKar hello wants up CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    not for me, still from all the lootrunning ive done, i didnt obtain not 1 single fabled, but a lot of legendaries.

6. The Fool

The Fool Nobody Wants to Know Him HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it's the opposite:

"[...] at every single level range, your chance of obtaining a specific Fabled item (per mob drop, loot chest, etc.) is greater than the chance of obtaining a specific Legendary item [...]"
    This is exactly what he said in the main post.

I understand that the title might be a bit misleading, but after reading the entire thread it's quite obvious what point he was trying to make since the beggining

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Sku, brokenmotor, btdmaster and 3 others like this.
  7. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Personally, I’d like to see the mythic exclusive major IDs added to more fabled items

(Give us guardian chestplate to use with praesidium)

8. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Im arguing against the title and the fact that he continues to argue with me, but looking at it now I feel like we’re both landing on the same conclusion but taking different perspectives on it

9. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Transcendence but you have no mana regen

Endercomet likes this.
  10. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Heavy spell with transcendence

11. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Well then they'd no longer be Mythic Exclusive, huh?

12. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    name-associated major IDs give items identity and should be unique, but seeing a higher frequency of simpler major IDs would be nice!
    Maybe giving a respiration major ID to the breathing helmets and maybe even some water helmets, giving Silt of the Seafloor something like Depth Strider, more vanilla-ish things.

Now that Sprint and Jump Height are stats, though... Any plans on making underwater breathing a stat?

CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  13. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's cool and all, but we're still missing the crucial ID of Soul Point Steal.

i do agree with giving more common major ids, a la Lightweight

Endercomet and Saya like this.
  14. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The year is 2100. Wynncraft is now on minecraft version 2.79. Bloomi still hasn't been released.
    Bosses still have the same spells and everyone regrets calling ornate slap OP because there are a ton of broken 0 req items.

The meta hinges around stacking the revive% stat to 100%, so dying revives you in the same place. Soul Point Steal is the other important stat, so players can constantly regain soul points they have lost by dying over and over. There are complaints about the meta being boring and boss fights taking forever, but a quick comment by @Major_Lue silences dissent.
    "Remember heavy melee and 2m quakes? Remember heavy spell where you could do 200m damage every 30 minutes? Remember CEO? Balance is in a better place than when statue made you a shaman totem. We don't want to go back to the days of the 4th elemental revamp, when @jptheflip quit due to being called a catgirl too many times."

CrunchyCol, Tsukiji, blow w and 3 others like this.
  15. The_Music_Guy

The_Music_Guy Idk what i am VIP+

Minecraft:
    well i mean, i don't read every changelog with every map push that is gonna be for wynn, but i've only noticed new items get added only with a big update, not with every map push

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  16. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Which is fine given that mythics are luck based and the only way to guarantee getting one is by playing this game as a second job, which shouldn’t even really be the case in the first place and is only still a thing because the economy would become even more broken than it already is

Seriously, the gap between mythic and non mythic users is already high enough without locking entire major Ids behind a two month grind. If you want to keep the rarity of mythics then make them status symbols rather than an absolute necessary for certain builds and playstyles, especially ones like Hero’s that just don’t really work with the item that they’re on.

Druser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.