Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Extension Of Housing Building Blocks

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Specialcityman, Dec 30, 2020.

?

Which Items should be added

1. Carpets

2. Redstone Blocks

3. Sign

4. Farmland

5. Water

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Specialcityman

Specialcityman Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello everyone.

I have looked at everything around housing in the Hero Beta. I paid particular attention to the building blocks and looked at what was available. I was a little surprised that the selection is very limited.
    Many blocks that I like to use for building/decorating were not in the shop. I can understand why some of the blocks were not there. So it is understandable why you can't use water.
    However, I do not understand why blocks such as carpets are not in the Shop. That's why I've made a list of blocks that I personally miss.
    • Carpets are one of the most important blocks when it comes to furnishing houses. On the server, carpets are also installed in almost every house. So why shouldn't you be allowed to use it in your own? As the wool blocks are also in the shop you could add carpets as well.
    • In my view, the Redstone blocks, like Tripwire Hook, Redstone Lamp, Buttons, Hopper or Daylight Sensor, have long been part of the decorations. I understand that you generally don't want to activate Redstone, but these blocks can contribute significantly to the interior design. At the moment, I don't see many blocks that could be used to furnish a house beautifully, diversely and well. There is also the possibility of deactivating Redstone, so I don't see any problem in reserving the items for us.
    • Signs have many uses but one of the most important is the decoration of blocks. With signs you can give a boring wall an interesting look or simply add armrests to a chair. Also a must have in the inventory of a builder.
    • Farmland is used to plant fields. Unfortunately, I had to realise that this option is not available either. Fields can fill empty areas well and also breathe some life into the whole thing. They enhance houses and landscapes well, which is why I would like to have them.
    • I know that water is a critical issue when it comes to building. Nevertheless, when it comes to building nature, water is essential. Moreover, I think that each of us prefers to use water instead of blue glass. I think the biggest problem is that the water flows. Servers can get bogged down or the water destroys buildings. However, there is a solution for that. Many building servers use "StopLag", which prevents water from flowing or Redstone from working.
    These were a few ideas/suggestions from my side on how housing could be made even more attractive for builders. I hope my English was tolerable and I didn't make too many mistakes. Feedback is appreciated. I will answer questions as best as my English allows.

2. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think this should be in the suggestions area, also add a poll too I guess so people can show their opinions.

Overall good ideas that I would want to see added, though I do not know if some features would be too much hassle to add in

TrapinchO likes this.
  3. Specialcityman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How can i move this to the suggestions area?

Greedus likes this.
  4. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Gonna be honest, no idea

MlecznyHuxel99 and TrapinchO like this.
  5. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Ask a mod

Greedus likes this.
  6. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thread moved to General Suggestions!

7. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    + 1!

Do we at least have all kinds of trapdors (including Spruce, Dark-Oak ...) ??

8. Specialcityman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The different wooden trapdoors were added in the 1.13 update. So we dont have them cause the Server is running on 1.12+

ZockerCam likes this.
  9. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ahh thats annoying

10. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    +1
    I think there's a reason for the sign one since signs are registered as entities though

11. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Carpets: yes
    Redstone components: These are really important for detailing but the problem is that if the CT disabled redstone for this a lot of stuff in the game would stop working. If you were able to use redstone, people would build lag machines. It's a problem that is unfortunately really difficult to solve. It's a shame, too, because the Wynnpack has a really nice comparator and repeater texture which is like a candle stand (surprisingly i have never seen it used in game)
    Signs: Yes. I have heard that people have found ways in the past to use signs to get backdoor access to various servers but there are plugins that can disable that. These can add a lot of detail to builds so they really need to be added
    Farmland: why isn't this already a thing? I get that breaking grass can give seeds and they don't want people getting vanilla wheat but the grass thing can be fixed and the farmland can be used to make some nice details and even secret hidey holes
    Water: Similar problem to redstone components. People would use it to lag the server. However, if you had to place water block by block, it would be fine. Doing this could screw up water around the server though. If they can find a way to make it work, they should do it.

Here are a few things I want to see added to the housing menu:

Decayed blocks: Dead grass and dead flowers along with that grey slime that is seen around the map
    Various armor stand models from around Wynn and even some new ones: Explains itself but pretty much control panels and stuff. There could even be a colossal rat that you could just have chilling on your island
    Player heads: An interesting way to gain these could be to kill the shown player in a duel. The head of literally anyone you have killed in a duel before (or alternatively on your friend list)

12. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    what

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  13. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the thing about signs is that people can freely write inappropriate stuff on them, which can be hard to moderate.

other than that i agree.

14. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean yea, although I don't think builds are moderated. Like they probably won't clear a blot if they make some inappropriate art or smth

15. Specialcityman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The redstone blocks should also only be added for decoration. I didn't mean to imply that you can build working redstone doors out of pistons. I rather meant that a hopper can also look good on a railing, or a tripwire hook is often used in interior design. Most things don't work if you don't have any redstone dust to place. If you don't offer redstone dust in the shop would already avoid a lot of problems. You also don't necessarily have to add buttons or levers to the shop, even though you will certainly often find them on buildings. Another possibility would be to deactivate the use of the buttons/levers so that you can't activate/deactivate them.

16. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Problem is that the Wynncraft redstone dust texture makes really good blood. I guess this could be fixed by making the redstone dust unable to connect to other components

17. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Doesn't the wynnpack make tripwire hooks invisible?
    Edit: it does not. they look like keys in the inventory though

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  18. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gonna reply with another answer to this thread:

19. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Please Check the ALL block and sign for your local housing overlord

Thread Status: