1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Dungeon Parkour Might Turn Me Off Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Frito Slay, Aug 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Frito Slay

Frito Slay As. Main

Minecraft:
    I'm really bad at parkour. I dunno if its me or just keyboard layout on macbook. I'm trying my best, but after trial and error, I barely scraped through Arachnids Ascent and Infested Pit (only once...) and am once again hitting a wall in Decrepit Sewer. My party ends up waiting for me to finish parkour segments, to my embarrassment.

My question is are there dungeons without this form of gameplay I've come to dread? If not, is there any worthwhile gameplay in Wynncraft I can access without doing parkour? Or should I give it up?

2. Bluescreen

Bluescreen The Questions Crusader who replied on your post.

Minecraft:
    Nearly every quest or dungeon has parkour. However, you can sometimes use spells to skip the parkour.

Or just rebind your keys in the options to imitate WASD.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  3. Frito Slay

Frito Slay As. Main

Minecraft:
    That's not a bad idea, jump and sprint on A and D? It's not like I'm doing much strafing. I'll try that.

I attempted to rebind sprint from Control (pinky reach) to Command (thumb, next to space bar) but found that if I ever hit Command+Space, I lost focus in the window. mac os though :weary:

4. AnonymousEXE

AnonymousEXE More Than Something More

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    are you doing it on mac mini or macbook?
    In my mac mini
    I use the upwards key forwards, downwards key backwords left keys strafe left and right key strafe right, and then, M as sprinting(using the little finger) and space for jumping

Frito Slay likes this.
  5. Zelli

Zelli Skilled Adventurer

Just be good if you're not. Easy question.

6. Lord Vader

Lord Vader 32% to 104

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even though I use a Windows laptop, my old control scheme used the arrow keys for movement, the right shift key (located right above the arrow keys) for sprinting, and the left shift key for sneaking. My trackpad was used for looking around the area

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Frito Slay likes this.
  7. Frito Slay

Frito Slay As. Main

Minecraft:
    This post sent me to the pits of hell, but I persevered.

Also, I finally completed "The Sewers Of Ragni" quest. Once I actually got to Decrepit Sewers dungeon it was manageable. Not sure about remapping sprint and jump to A and D though. I missed strafing when I tried it, but it did get me out of the timed portion of The Sewers of Ragni after getting used to it. Oh and I used a USB mouse instead of the trackpad.

tig likes this.
  8. mxmcat

mxmcat Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think wynncraft's parkours are made for everyone to be successful ! They are not too complicated rather easy.

9. 2Dg

2Dg Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    What I did was I binded my sprint key from ctrl to Q, as I had trouble using it on an apple magic keyboard 2. That may help, idk.

10. MegaCoquin

MegaCoquin Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I use f for spring key

11. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower peter mushroom griffin VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wynncraft parkour is as easy they can make it be without just making 1 or 2 block gaps. if you're having trouble because of your movement layout, try a better one suited for you