1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vips Feedback - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yay!

2. Nay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtGoose

ArtGoose Cluckles's best friend CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice, i was planning to buy vip anyway :)

2. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    Those are really crazy times, lmao.

3. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    "Why don't they just give us back the 2x XP?"

While the admins also want to bring the XP bonus back, they're trying to make it as fair as possible for non-VIPs as well

And I'll repost this since no one saw it the first tine, but @Dr HAX gave a suggestion on page 1, Salted liked it, so its probably being considered.
    The only suggestion I would give, is to increase the max number of totems we can hold (4-6 for VIP, 6-10 for VIP+)

Anyways, will there be a 3rd thread for the final version of this double XP feature

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  4. Hajri

Hajri of Arabia HERO

Minecraft:
    I like the totem idea but still Prefer the sheep as I dont need to grind in one place

Grigbar and yosteric5 like this.
  5. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    guys I just came up with a kinda cool idea :smiley:
    ---piggy (xp) banks!---
    I'll try to explain it the best I can. So the idea is that vip(+) players can spawn a pig (or a pink sheep???) that folows them around the map. this pet works as a bank and stores xp! every time you kill a mob(or do something others that gives xp) an extra % of that xp goes into the bank. this could be 25% for regular players, 50% for vips and 75% for vip+. the player is then able to cleam the amount of extra xp, but be carefull! you can only claim the xp a certain amount of times a day and there is also limited storage in the bank. I was thinking that non vips could claim it 1 time a day, vips 2 times and vip+ 3 times. the amount of maximum storage is also dependant of the rank you have and also the lvl you have. it scales of levels too because 20 000 xp is super much at lvl 10, but almost nothing at lvl 70. regular players should only be able to claim a small amount of this xp as they can't spawn a bank,we don't want them to get much xp without buying a rank and they don't have to swarm vips all the time!at least they get something :grimacing:.vips could get a decent amount of xp and vip+ almost unlimited.

now because I said regular players can't spawn a bank, but can get xp I would like to explain how this is gonna work. It's kinda simple, everyone in the range (25 blocks or so) of the bank can store there amount of xp in it! this means regular players just have to stand near a vip, farm a bit and then collect xp.

also keep in mind that everyone has his own personal bank. this means someone else can't collect my xp and I can't collect theres. you can also only collect your xp in the bank you where near when farming. this means you can't farm near bank A and collect xp later on in B. no, you must both farm and collect in the same bank. this is no problem for vips because they have there own one, but things can be a bit annoying for some regular players. this gives them an extra reason to buy the rank :grinning:.

Let me know what you think about this and if something isn't clear, just ask me.

6. BlackbirdMC

BlackbirdMC Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How about Builders and GMs ?

7. p2

p2 Well-Known Adventurer

Make it so that each player can only have a max of 10 totems, including ones in their E-chest.

8. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think they would implement this as they have bombs, where it is a feature accessed through the compass rather than an item. If this were added as an item then it would just be traded and sold to non-VIPs.

bobbob9830 likes this.
  9. LukeW2464

LukeW2464 Alfie's m8, VIP+

Guild:
    Please read with an open mind.

Another issue with the idea of setting a 50 block radius double xp is your still going to get that one player that steals your grinding spot regardless or not they know you have double xp there, which if they are reluctant to leave (There are a lot of these kind of people unfortunately) then GG, you've wasted a totem.

If getting double xp back completely like it was before isn't an option (Which I really, really hope it isn't), I'd rather just have a command that activates double xp for a set amount of time with cooldowns, regardless of where you are on the map, which would overcome the issue of people stealing your grinding spot.

I think all the ideas that people have come up with are really good, but I think its too over the top just for a bit of double xp, it was such a good and simple thing before (Some may disagree, thats fine, your entitled to your own opinion). If some VIP's think its too cheaty to have 24/7 double xp then I'm sure a command to deactivate double xp isn't too hard to ask for.

But I'm still strongly wanting double xp back completely like it was before, which was a main reason some of us got VIP. And I know double xp had to be removed because of the terms of EULA, but since its not really enforced, might as well bring back some of the features that actually made VIP worth buying, I'm sorry to say that; from MY point of view, I wouldn't of bought VIP/VIP+ if double Xp and pets that attack weren't included. Having double xp as some cheesy thing would make me hesitate buying VIP if I didn't already have it, even if it does have some cool cosmetics and stuff. Like I said before, for me and some other people we only bought VIP for the double xp and it'd be a shame if the feature we bought VIP for was turned into some gimmicky 'extra' or 'feature' such as the sheep or totem idea.

Now moving onto the point of it would be 'unfair' for non-VIP's, yes, its slightly unfair, but anything you pay for on any game that gives you things which non paying players have is unfair. Having VIP with features that actually makes it worth getting will persuade people to buy VIP, which is what they want, and if they really wanted more people to buy VIP their wisest option would be to re-add full 2x XP and pets that attack. Whats the point of buying VIP if its hardly superior to not having VIP at all? Adding in some sort of gimmicky double xp feature is essentially downgrading what VIP was, and stripping down the title of VIP/VIP+. So in my opinion anyone who argues that its unfair is either VIP haters or aren't planning to get VIP, so don't bother.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone by calling they're ideas "gimmicky" but thats just my opinion.
    I hope Salted or anyone who has a say in this actually reads this and considers it without completely disregarding what I just said, and if for whatever reason double XP isn't going to be added like it was before, I'd really appreciate a response about why bringing it back isn't an option, because if you didn't already tell, I really want double XP to be added in like it was before.

Thanks, have a good day.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Zencet, bobbob9830, Jor27 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jor27

Jor27 Skilled Adventurer

personally i like the idea of the sheep etc. but i would change it so that everyone inside the 50 block area gets xp everytime a mob is killed in the 50 block area, this would encourage people to farm together, rather than people fighting over spots to grind in, i would also add a mutipluyer so that the more people that are in the area the more xp each person gets per mob that is killed.

ArtGoose likes this.
  11. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    really well said. I agree 100% with what you are saying. double xp is so simple to add, has only a few down sides and we know it worked well. these ideas cause more problems, have alot of down sides and if you look at it, add almost no value to the rank. I made a more social suggestion about an xp bank. it has way less down sides then these totems, but I still prefer the standard xp bonus over that :/

LukeW2464 likes this.
  12. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    that sounds pretty good
    alltho i'd rather the golden sheep
    anyways will this change come in the gavel update or will it be its own little patch/store change

13. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Only issue with that is would non-VIPS get a xp boost too? because if they did there would be no point in buying VIP.

SuperTM likes this.
  14. alovablecat

alovablecat play.wynncraftandgavelcraft.com? VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like it, it's more fair than all the other options you proposed on your last thread. (I am not a Non-Vip hater, i'm VIP+)

15. LukeW2464

Guild:
    I've updated my post a fair bit on this page, so for anyone who hasn't read it fully please go back and read it, and try and look at my point of view, and take it with a pinch of salt, not everyone will agree, and thats fine.

Thanks,

SuperTM likes this.
  16. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    Good solution, just please make it encourage grinding with others by giving a boost if multiple people are around at the same time.

17. LukeW2464

Guild:
    And also, with the idea of the more people the more xp, some people just like to solo grind and chill, they may not want their screen full of players, It kinda ruins the idea of chill grinding, now you might say well people don't have to grind together and they can go somewhere private, well even if someone purposely grinds alone someone will always come along and join them because they know there will be a xp boost. Well, thats what I think anyway.

Also, this could encourage 'boosting', some higher level players may abuse this xp multiplier by using it to level up low level players in a high/low level area.

SuperTM likes this.
  18. MajesticMaj

MajesticMaj 11 Mythics Found | 40,131 chests HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Awesome! :)

19. Shorty

Shorty Redstone Maniac!

HIPOCRIT!! You told crunkle this wasn't a democracy!!!

20. tomisdaman27

tomisdaman27 The owner of a legendary trade...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Private XP Bombs... that'd be nice, but unfortunately the Eula has a bit of hatred against paying for useful in game things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.