1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Do You Like The Hitting Cooldown Thing?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by SPETO12349, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
?

DO YOU LIKE THE HITTING COOLDOWN FEATURE?

1. Yes, definetely

37.9%
  2. I HATE IT!!!!!

23.3%
  3. A tough question

17.5%
  4. Thanks God we solved the problem with the killaura!

13.6%
  5. IT RUINED PVP!!!!!

28.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexdale

Lexdale dead meme HERO

Minecraft:
    As far as survival goes it's nice, makes fighting mobs a whole lot more fun challenging. But it's pretty awful for pvp, it basically erased any skill that pvp took and made the game slow as hell.

2. Other_Zygartist

Other_Zygartist Just a squishy zygarde core who makes pictures.

3. Lexdale

Lexdale dead meme HERO

Minecraft:
    The other items introduced also ruin pvp, I just didn't mention them since the thread was just about the hit delay specifically.

4. Joshhh

Joshhh Newbie Adventurer

I personally thought that it improved survival. Before the update, survival was too easy, even on Hardcore. Now, killing mobs is a bit more difficult, but still "fun".
    It ruined PvP though. I've never been more frustrated while playing in PvP servers on 1.9+. The slow hit speed, the damage, everything. It feels horrible, especially to people who've been PvPing for months/years.

5. Other_Zygartist

In what way do they ruin pvp? They add new variety and strategy, and if you don't like em you don't have to use them.

Lingering potions are easy enough to see, and dont attack you fast enough to make them op in the case of instant damage or something. Plus, plugins/commands can adjust how large or small they are, how long they last, and even add a delay for the effects.

Shields can be avoided also with a simple /clear command, just like lingering potions. They aren't op, because a hit from an axe disables them. But, they add some much needed protection from arrow spam, or perhaps just to take a bit less damage from an unavoidable creeper explosion or attack.

The differing damages and speeds on weapons make it so that players can choose which fighting style they want to use, and because the speed can be adjusted, this feature can be disabled entirely, or to add an entirely new layer of depth to mapmakers.

I think that's pretty much it. Let me know if I missed anything ;)

TLDR: every feature added in 1.9 can be either removed or tweaked.

6. Lexdale

Lexdale dead meme HERO

Minecraft:
    Even if you disable the hit delay, take away shields, etc. everything else is still really bad. Armor is awful now, fishing rods don't work, dual wielding is stupid, and the fact that you can push players just by walking into them is dumb. Even if you work around all that you just end up with a watered down version of 1.7 pvp. Now I don't think this update is bad by anymeans, I had a lot of messing around with all the new features in survival with my friends, but it's pretty bad for pvp in almost every aspect.

7. Other_Zygartist

Armor still kinda works ok, fishing rods were stupid anyways, and player collision can actually be disabled too

8. Lexdale

Lexdale dead meme HERO

Minecraft:
    I figured it could hence the sentence right after I mentioned it. Also fishing rods weren't stupid, they were one of the only things that took skill in non potion or soup pvp.

9. Other_Zygartist

But who ever heard of whacking someone with a fishing rod? It's one of those items that has no place in a battle.

Endertricity likes this.
  10. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do you know what "preference" means?

Lmao do you know how tryhard-y Hypixel is sometimes?
    Also, every PVP youtuber ever is addicted to Skywars, so your argument is invalid.

I have stated my opinion on this before, and I'm too lazy to find the thread it was on, so just go digging through my posts tab

11. Lexdale

Lexdale dead meme HERO

Minecraft:
    And? Sure it's silly but it's one of the only things that takes skill in this game, infact everything that takes actual skill is unintentional for the most part (bows and potions being the only exceptions really).

12. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just watch like CreeperFarts or something, all he does is win at Badlion and Skywars.
    I actually haven't watched him in a while so idk if he sucks now.

13. Lexdale

Lexdale dead meme HERO

Minecraft:
    He's decent but he's not some ridiculously good player or anything.

14. Cassi

Cassi potato enthusiast VIP

Minecraft:
    Honestly, I don't care for the cooldown. The reason for this is because I grind mobs. Like, a lot. And it's hard af to watch Netflix and time clicks at the same time, as I've had to in 1.9+ whereas Netflix and spamclick is a big issue. I can't pvp in any version, cooldown or no, so I can honestly say, prior to 1.9, pvp had a lot to do with people who could spam click like crazy, and knew basic pvping strategies. And though I admire what the creators were trying to do with the cooldown, and it definitely requires more skills to use(making it altogether more enjoyable, assuming you pvp in 1.9... which is like 5 people but whatever), it led to a bunch of people(including myself) essentially boycotting 1.9 and on. For me, the kicker here is that as a builder and survival player, I'm inherently drawn to 1.9 and 1.10 for the new features. But I am, at heart, a native factions player, and most factions servers are on 1.7 or 1.8 because, let's face the facts, all the god-awful 12 year old mostly-shit pvpers who play factions servers would rather be able to buy a good mouse(cough a good hack client cough) and dominate pvp than learn actual skills. It's just frustrating because it forces me to constantly switch between versions. All in all, I think mojang made a mistake, but they can't fix it so this entire thread is pointless.

15. DatDraggy

DatDraggy Untouchable VIP+

Minecraft:
    "Thanks God we solved the problem with the killaura!" Uh it didn't really lol. You were unable to hit a player/mob if it's still red. The "killaura" is still working. Just code the timeout in and that's it lol. And I personally think the cooldown is dumb. I

16. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you prefer rapid clicking that causes a risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome over a more tactical version of PvP that actually requires a functioning brain?

Some people...

Endertricity likes this.
  17. Other_Zygartist

It was the only thing that USED to require skill. Now you need to time your attacks, shield at the right time, and choose which types of weapons you prefer

Florfy5 likes this.
  18. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Which is why 1.9+ PvP is superior.

Is the best tactic to use slow, powerful attacks that break shields, quick attacks with crowd control, or to destroy the opponent's armor, or when do you use each? Do you hold a shield or bow in your off-hand? It requires a lot of thinking.

Great for strategy addicts like me.

Other_Zygartist likes this.
  19. Other_Zygartist

This. Plus, I love the fact that with shields, entity collision and horses, real life battle strategies can actually be used. Make a shield wall, charge in on horses and sweep the first few ranks of the opposing army with axes, have small squads of swordsmen and archers defending each other. The possibilities are endless XD

xElitaa and Florfy5 like this.
  20. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You seem to be able to use strategies.

PvP can be more fun, interesting, and it can sometimes even be immersive!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.