1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Divzer TNA Solo

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Typhoon_Alex, Nov 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sync Fish

Sync Fish Fantasia Enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    so cool bestie!!! i wonder how anyone could replicate the exact same thing without perfectly reverse engineering your build :D

2. P0ke

P0ke Wynntils Dev CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    so true!!

btw i hope you worked this build out by hand without using any tools like wynnbuilder, cuz otherwise you'd be benefiting from someone else's hard work and we all know that that's not ok

Alex1, WackySmurf, Neptune and 17 others like this.
  3. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh yeah, i also really hope you made this build and recorded the video on your own wynncraft perfect recreation because that would be benefitting from many people's hard work and that's just not okay man, it's so illegal

Ankarin likes this.
  4. Ankarin

Ankarin Wise Mystical Tree CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really hope you try and make your own forums for this because by posting it here you are sadly benefiting off of someone else’s hard work of making the forums and that’s just not cool, sorry. I believe you can make up your mistakes though :muscle: nice build :muscle:

5. Computekk

Computekk Steampunk Virtuoso

I think he used Hairy Cap

6. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Why are people so upset over this? I get being mad if someone says X class/weapon/archetype deals X amount of damage and then refusing to show any proof, but this isn't that. He doesn't have any obligation to share his build.

7. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    Having private builds is dumb imo

WackySmurf, uuuuuuuuuuuuh and Meekio like this.
  8. pikl233

pikl233 shiba :3 HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    agreed

Castti likes this.
  9. Werveh

Werveh numba 1 shaman CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    keep in mind that what i'm referring to isn't entirely contained within this thread. what i was partially referring to are ingame and discord messages, either asking for the build or just more clowning, which is much harder to ignore than a few bozos on the forums. the posts here are mostly "haha look at this idiot he has a private build in 2022 laugh at him", which is obviously meant as a joke (i hope). however, at the same time, getting clowned on is pretty degrading and i'm sure most people wouldn't appreciate it.

Castti likes this.
  10. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really didn't want to respond to this dumpster fire of a thread but I will anyways.

Private builds are dumb and making your own build really shouldn't be considered your "own work"
    That's just childish and, as made obvious by this thread (even if in a deconstructive and sometimes blatantly rude way) is frowned upon by a lot of the community. If you really take that much pride in your "work" of a build, wouldn't showing it off be a better way to go about it rather than keeping it to yourself? I just don't get your mindset here. On a more positive and constructive note though, this video is a big accomplishment and was a very fun watch!

I don't think this is the case- reverse engineering builds is a fun challenge that you don't get to do very often. I don't think saying the "wynncraft community did this out of spite" sends a very good message and reflects very poorly on a lot of people.

The fact that he's been messaged off the forums about this is quite silly to be honest- I agree that it really should not have happened and is, being brutally honest, childish as hell.
    If it keeps being an issue, I'd recommend he report them. I'm sorry to hear this is happening, the Wynn community can be really rude sometimes.

However, I'd like to note, the people defending him have not necessarily been kind on this thread either- calling people a "circlejerk" and making fun of people for trying to reverse engineer the build is really unwarranted and rude.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

TL;DR: private builds kinda suck but so does harassment. Chill out, it's a minecraft server. Be kind.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  11. CuddlesTheBear

CuddlesTheBear Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Stop coping bro its 100% his work if he made the build, Not sharing a good build is perfectly reasonable go build on your own

12. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have no interest in his build myself, and I do make my own builds.

This is just unnecessarily rude and exactly what I was talking about.

Meekio, Leafish, Namakobushi and 8 others like this.
  13. Pontosaurus

Pontosaurus fuy busted moments CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    agree with all of this except for the point about private builds - specifically for crafteds. id argue that making optimal recipes requires a great deal of skill and creativity and it is totally fair to not want to share a recipe/build with crafteds. i wouldnt go so far as to call recipes i make “my own work” but id definitely not call it “open source” either. if someone can reconstruct a build or crafteds of a build and they want to share it, its fair game, i just dont think its childish to not want to share recipes. maybe in my specific case i am motivated by the competitiveness of guild wars because making an optimal build and keeping it secret is important to the success of an attacker. anyway, agree with the rest of what you said.

14. CuddlesTheBear

CuddlesTheBear Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Being rude was not exactly my intention my apologies, i am just frustrated by the idea that private builds are stupid. If you are curios about the reasoning is that usually when something really good becomes really public it gets nerfed

Nukewarmachine and Castti like this.
  15. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a good way to word it tbh, thanks. I can understand this.

16. Sync Fish

Sync Fish Fantasia Enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    omg this is so goofy wynncraft builds are just like any other piece of technology in the real world and there's open source stuff but also classified stuff!!!!

17. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    kind of like a “We did it reddit!!!” Or like a “reddit, do your thing” moment

Castti likes this.
  18. TaylorIsGreat

TaylorIsGreat Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    We are grateful for public services like wynnbuilder and even wynncraft itself. The difference is that these services were voluntarily shared with the community and people can give donations to show their appreciation while Alex is being greeted with toxicity for something he did not want to share in the first place. It’s his choice whether he wants to share the build or not and using toxicity is definitely not the solution to try and make him publicize the build.

You can make the argument that he was first asked nicely to share the build, so he should publicize it. The catch is that I made the build so it wasn’t his choice to publicize it or not since I wanted to keep it private for now.

19. Erebuis

Erebuis Defiled Cave Enjoyer :3 (-580, 27, -580) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i love wynncraft

20. En1gmatic

En1gmatic Skilled Adventurer

My sincerest apologies. While I still believe that "private builds" are a concept that benefits no one and penalizes everyone, my intent was not to harass or attack anyone. What I did was childish - I thought that determining the build would be a way to "get back" at Typhoon for not sharing the build, but now I realize that if someone wants to keep a build private, that's their choice.
    Perhaps I was not the person "clowning" on Typhoon, but I most definitely contributed to the harassment by trying to determine the build, for which I am deeply sorry.

Leafish, Castti and ThedumbOX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.