1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Discussion: Would An Official Mod Enhance The Wynncraft Experience?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Pyrect, May 13, 2021.

?

Opinions on an official mod?

1. Great Idea

1.2%
  2. Good Idea

7.1%
  3. Neutral

19.0%
  4. Bad Idea

34.5%
  5. Terrible Idea

38.1%
  6. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pyrect

Pyrect yes its me the one who enjoys playing warrior

Minecraft:
    This thought came to me earlier. Would an official mod enchance the wynncraft experience?
    So many features could be added which previously couldn’t, and development could be sped up considerably (due to minecraft limitations) however the player count might drop due to new players not knowing how to install the mod. Although perhaps it would increase the player count, as more impressive features could get more attention from minecraft players and mmo players in general. Unfortunately, wynncraft would lose the bragging rights to “Having no mods” which has always been a good selling point throughout the years. Another downside is people with bad computers would struggle to play with manageable FPS.

In my opinion an official mod could be a great addition IF it is shown clearly how to install to new players and it isn’t very lag inducing.

What do you think? Start a discussion.

2. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Huh someone asked this like a month ago.
    Personally I would be against it, but definitely still play if it was a thing.

3. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The entire point of Wynn is that it's vanilla, an official mod would ruin that.

4. Lemon

Lemon God has forsaken me VIP+

Minecraft:
    I personally would be cool an official wynn mod, but it would be terrible for the server. As stated above the major point of wynn is no mods required, and requiring one would cripple Wynn's ability to get new players. And with a server with a decently large player turnover rate that is FAR from ideal.

5. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with what others said, it would be cool, but it's not a good idea to do, because CT would have it more complicated, today's player base would probably become smaller, and not a whole lot of new players would come. Also, I suspect the server would be laggier as any modded server usually is.

Mollyy likes this.
  6. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It would ruin the casual player base along with getting new players

7. Potatomancer

Potatomancer There is no war within Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Although yes, that would be a cool idea, it would make it really hard for new players to come because not everybody wants to download a mod.
    What would be cool if something like Wynntils was mentioned in game

8. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynntils should not be mentioned in game, new/casual players should not be asked/recommended to use it.

9. Potatomancer

Potatomancer There is no war within Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Why not? It's a pretty helpful mod.

10. Pyrect

Pyrect yes its me the one who enjoys playing warrior

Minecraft:
    I don't see why not but ok

11. WithTheFish

WithTheFish you are amazing CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynntils is pretty helpful but:
    - Even though HeyZeer0 is an admin and he's very cool, but a lot of other Wynntils devs aren't affiliated with the staff from what I can tell.
    - Wynntils isn't really up to date with every version, thus making people feel like they need to switch to 1.12.
    - The mod has potential to have glitches/bugs of it's own

overall I think it's very nice that Wynntils exists for those who want to use it, but it shouldn't be officially endorsed. I'm a huge fan of the current "staff does not endorse any mod" policy.

12. _834

_834 I forgot what I was gonna write in this box CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Wynn works well without mods but I feel like if there was an official mod created it would allow the team to do a lot more advanced things than they can do with just the plugins and commands. Although, I agree with a lot of other people on the fact it would sort of kill the number of new people coming into the game if it needed a mod.

13. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    Spigot isn't vanilla. Actually, I'm pretty sure wynncraft doesn't even use spigot, but they have their own fork at this point which allows them to handle 1.9+ blocks on a 1.8 server (Which I have pretty much never seen anywhere else). It also allows the client to disagree with the server in ways that spigot doesn't allow for, and allows for clientside displaying of blocks that don't go away when interacted with, which is practically impossible in vanilla.

But in any case, the server plugins and spigot modifications modify the behavior and logic of the game, while a resource pack adds and modifies new assets. If they made more models like Orphion, they could in theory make it look like a modded server, in fact there's servers like the fallen kingdom server which use a plugin to give custom entity models animations in a vanilla resource pack. (Imagine the current armorstand models, but with custom models from a resource pack instead of a ton of vanilla items, basically orphion).

So in other words wynncraft doesn't even need a mod if they want to seriously up the tools they have, they just need to use what exists smartly, and probably get an army of modelers.

Pyrect and Druser like this.