Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design Detailed World Event Difficulty List (Please look at this, I spent so much time playtesting)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Barrylowe, Jul 8, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrylowe

Barrylowe Well-Known Adventurer

This is a detailed list of experiences and potential solutions with world events.

The World Events are in general very difficult, not because of the enemies move sets, but rather high damage which punishes any mistake. I have done these both with maxed out characters and ones that are on level for these world events, and it seems that both become unviable with ones above level 25.
    However, there are some world events that differ, so I tested out all them and recorded my experiences with different accounts at different levels (currently one lv. 11 warrior, and one lv. 27/28 assassin)

Specifics:

• Haywire Defender (lv. 3): This is slightly too hard for on-level (lv. 11 warrior) accounts. Everything is fine except the boss, which is nearly impossible at this stage. The damage is fine, but the boss attacks too quickly to continually dodge at this level because of a lack of mana to cast movement spells at that pace. The solution is the same as in Overtaken Farm, which is to reduce the speed of the Guardian of the Plains' attacks. (The issue still exists, but isn't quite as bad on a lv. 27 shade stepper).
    • Approaching Raid (lv. 5): Perfect for an on level (lv. 7 warrior), account. On-level it is a slight challenge but feels like an early game activity. The same applies for my lv. 28 shade stepper. Do not change the difficulty.
    • Overtaken Farm (lv. 8): Mostly good for on-level accounts (lv. 11 warrior). The stages were pretty easy up until the boss, which required dodging but was fair. I did die, a possible recommendation to make it better for newer players is to slow down the bosses attacks slightly.
    • Archanid Ambush (lv. 8): Impossible with an above level (lv. 28 shade stepper) account. I was two shot by the long-range mob in the first wave (they have the same models as the nesting spider, but I can't get their name before they kill me).
    • Encroaching Blaze (lv. 10): Perfect for a slightly above level (lv. 27 shade stepper) account. Slightly above level attempts are harder, with me eventually dying, but don't do too much damage (it was just me being lazy). For this level range, do not change the difficulty.
    • Encroaching Destruction (lv. 15): Perfect if not 2% too easy for slightly over-leveled accounts (lv. 28 shade stepper).
    • Corrupted Springs (lv. 15): Slightly over-level is mostly fine (lv. 27 shade stepper), until you get to the corrupted spores. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be punishing so you kill the corrupted blossoms quickly, but I would either turn down their damage or make them more visible, as right now it is hard to see that they're approaching and when they attack out of no-where it really hurts. (I get killed in around 6 hits with 540 health)
    • Necromantic Site (lv. 18): It's insanely easy with a slightly over-leveled account (lv 27. shade stepper), being able to one-shot the final boss.
    • Encroaching Misery (lv. 20): Is too difficult with a slightly over-leveled account (lv. 27 shade stepper) due to the mobs being able to suck you in and one shot you. The first wave was mostly fine, loosing around 300 health at the lowest, but the second has mobs pull you in and kill you in 4 hits (I think).
    • Risen Return (lv. 20): with a slightly over-level account (lv. 27 shade stepper) is perfect. I lost about 300 health while using pots (out of 540), had to think about and dodge attacks, but it was completely do-able. (I am so excited to see world events turn out like this)
    • Tainted Shoreline (lv. 24): with an on level account (lv. 27 shade stepper) is slightly too difficult. The first wave is mostly fine the first time, getting down to half health while using pots. However, on the second playthrough it killed me within 3 seconds. The second wave wiped my health from one volley of the bosses attacks.
    • Bowels of the Roots (lv. 30): With a lv. 27 shade stepper may be too difficult in the second wave. The mobs can kill you in 3-4 hits, but with this knowledge it is possible to dodge them. It is a fair fight, just a punishing one. (I like it currently).
    • Encroaching Reanimation (lv. 30): With a slightly under-leveled account (lv. 28 shade stepper) it is a medium difficulty up until the boss. In the final wave it gets deadly (I died), but it feels fair.
    I will be updating this as I am able to play more at different levels (it might take a while to do multiple attempts).

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.