1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Decree: 17 March 1001 AP - Corkus Council

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by AmbassadorDazz, Jun 23, 2022.

1. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yesterday, the Council were discussing ordinary events in our bi-daily assembly, which went as well as anyone had expected - it pretended to have any tangible progress towards humanity's future, yet at the end it was hollow on the inside all the same. Just as we were leaving the castle hall back to our homes, I overheard someone talk to a cloaked figure. I had no idea who they were, or why they were here, but what I heard... was bone chilling. It was as if the demon himself was speaking in hushed tones - a hoarse, creepy voice that pierced all that could hear it. I felt a shiver run down my spine, and - perhaps the only thing that I could've done - I ran away as fast as I could. Far away from the city, to the South, to Relos shelter. I could be safe there... or would I?

And then... I heard the all too familiar whistle of the Factory, churning out more mechs than anyone could ever assemble by hand... wasn't it destroyed by the Hero of Wynn? It doesn't matter, it's back, and it's in prime condition. Ever creating. Ever decimating. An unstoppable war machine, an all-consuming brood, with a malevolent AI at its core. But what surprised me, was strange, scarlet colored spires growing out of the factory. I've heard of this weird phenomenon called "Corruption" from tourists that had come from the province of Wynn, and I've only seen pictures of it in action. Never once, however, had I seen it happen to the fallen monument... What could've brought the abominable blight of Wynn Province to this island?

What's even stranger, however, was that an airship had crashed just outside the northern outskirts of the city. One of the Avo messengers told us that the ship was jam packed with... something. Whatever it was, they couldn't get close to it. It was as if whatever was inside that ship hated them, emitting a diabolical aura. It's fairly odd that I haven't felt it myself, but the bird people were running away from it as if it were the plague. Corkus Guard was mobilized, but they couldn't get close to the ship either, because the intense flames prevented them from going any further into the wreckage. The ship crashed a week ago, yet the flames were still burning insanely hot, enough to melt steel. Unnatural fire? Wreckage that somehow deters the Avo? Monument having spires of scarlet red rock rising through it? Something horrible must be going on, surely...

I will keep writing as I learn more about it. For now, though... Bovine help us.

-S.

2. StinkEyeCookie

StinkEyeCookie Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    whats the decree though

3. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That the mysterious writer who only left the "-S." signature cannot tell.

It's meant as a teaser for a long-spanning project I was working on, which ended up becoming an absolute mess that I need to untangle.