1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Serious Debate: Was The Pre Gavel Item System Better?

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Yuno F Gasai, Jul 24, 2017.

?

Which item system was better

1. Pre gavel

30.5%
  2. Gavel w/o powders

5.3%
  3. Gavel w/ powders

64.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oHybrid

oHybrid What's poppin' individuals

It was the new item tier that made it worse

2. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Still though. Mythics could have been implemented pre-gavel. Even if it made it worse, it doesn't mean it was truly part of it.

3. oHybrid

oHybrid What's poppin' individuals

The new items also could of been implemented pre gavel

4. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not about the new items. It's about system design. Pre-gavel you didn't have all this id variance.

5. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did tell them that, but after the immediate frustration they understood and agreed (I personally found myself after gavel with a nether set, two adventures sets, two pumpkin helms, 6 pumpkin masks, hide and seek tokens and santa's something)
    imo mythics are too rare, you cant balance an op item with rarity. it doesn't make sense gameplay wise.
    everything could have been implemented pre gavel, mythics came with the new system

6. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean that the old system allowed for mythics, they would just be legendaries with higher damage/defense

7. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but they wouldn't be so rare that you will never see them

8. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    7/1000000 chance could well have been implemented in the old system for mythics.

Plus Gameplay Update buffed drop rates for loot.

9. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but then it wont have the legendary tier.

10. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It'd be called Mythic, it'd just have stats higher than Legendary defense and damage stats.

11. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well the thing is that mythics came with the new system and not with the pre gavel one so they are a part of the new system.

12. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In my opinion, Mythics don't represent the new item system, since they are just game-breakingly powerful items, rather than the diversity of the new system.

13. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I didn't say that they represent it

14. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean if they don't represent it, I don't think they can exclusively be part of it.

15. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't represent my country but im an exclusive part of it

16. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I see what you are trying to say, but without the new item system, mythics wouldn't be able to exist. If mythics didn't exist, I would be find with that though.

17. ϟ Ḥ̶ḙ̶ạ̶Ḍ̶ẓ̶ ϟ

ϟ Ḥ̶ḙ̶ạ̶Ḍ̶ẓ̶ ϟ Very Poor VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think that Pre Gavel was much better for new players, PvE, and player builds.

With Pre Gavel things were so much more straight forward, you get items, identify them and wear them because practically all of the identification were the same for each item, some giving more defense as well as more identification then others. On top of that the only requirement for armor/ weapons was if you were the same level or higher and you also had to be the same class. With gavel you have different requirement as well as the powder system being very complicated. With Pre Gavel it was much easier to just hop onto the game and have fun but now you have to learn what everything does.

In Pre Gavel the only person you really had to rely on was yourself, in the end game with the Bob's Mythical Weapon as well as your endgame armor, you had health regen/steal and mana regen/steal plus many other identifications. Being a one man army was very easy and having a friend made it easier. On top of that you didn't deal elemental damage and neither did the bosses. When fighting enemies you didn't deal more damage because they were weak to a certain element or deal less because of it, you just did the same damage overall. Now not only can I not solo bosses but now I have to rely on health potions or mage heals.

Lastly, in Pre Gavel building your dream play-style was much easier. Since everyone has the same armor it meant that the only difference was which skill point you put points into. If you wanted to be a glass cannon then all you had to do was max strength and dexterity or if you waned to be a tank put a crap load into defense and agility. With the Gavel update you now need to find the perfect armor with the correct maxed identifications and you need to use your precious skill points to skills that you possibly don't want to spec into to even war the armor or use the weapon.

Pre Gavel was just so much easier in terms of just playing through the game. I'm still going to play and enjoy the game and if they were to add the old system back then cool but if they don't who cares. That was my 2 cents on this topic.

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  18. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    So... is it better because it's less complicated? I see nothing mentioning about how stale the system got, and that replaying the game was basically pointless. If you reach max level, I hope you like PvP! I fucking don't.

Have you played through current Wynn with a new class? Because the game is designed to be simple at the beginning, and slowly become more complicated as you rise up in the levels. If you use an old Level 75 class to play through the game, you're going to have a hard time learning the new system.

The powder system is complicated? Play the game with a new character! The lower-tier powders literally only give elemental damage/defense to items and nothing else. The more complex stuff only starts popping up in 40 and upward, did you play through the update with a high-leveled class or what?

This seems to really only apply to the PvP side of Wynncraft, which anyone like me who hate PvP don't care about.

The system has been in place for so long that most people can just hop in and play again, because we're all familiar with it by now. I imagine most of those people also played through the game with a level 1 class.

So the game being easier was better?

Ok I'm kidding, but seriously, being a one-man army is only fun for a little bit, then it becomes really boring. Being a one-man army makes playing the game pointless unless you have nothing else to do than kill mobs who can't kill you.

Because I'm sure having 1 type of build that's considered the "best" is good game design and doesn't become boring as hell.

awful for all parts of the game, except PvP, which I still fucking hate.

So making HP potions which were 100% useless in pre-Gavel useful again is a bad thing? I don't understand why relying on HP potions is a bad thing, since unless you were using the "best" build pre-Gavel, having/being a Mage was basically just as necessary.

"Oh no! I can't cheese through the game anymore, what a tragedy!"

What about Neutral damage?

Honestly, you really don't have to worry about the elemental defense of most enemies as you already do more than enough damage to pierce their defense, the only time you have to worry about elemental defense are the superbosses, and again, neutral damage.

What? Building your dream playstyle was easier in pre-Gavel? There was hardly variety at all! Ever heard of Dungeon items? Those are completely free and come with set IDs, these items are perfect for people who don't to deal with the complications of finding items with good IDs.

And honestly, other than Mythics and certain endgame items, most items really aren't restrictive at all, if you stick with like 1-2 elements, you'll have no trouble having extra skill points. Having barely any skill points only apply if you're trying to make a rainbow build with a mythic and/or making something really "out-there".

Have I mentioned I hate PvP? Because fucking fuck PvP in any Minecraft server.

19. ϟ Ḥ̶ḙ̶ạ̶Ḍ̶ẓ̶ ϟ

ϟ Ḥ̶ḙ̶ạ̶Ḍ̶ẓ̶ ϟ Very Poor VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now that I reread my post most of it does seem kinda pointless and I also agree that PvP is stupid. after playing a new character, still playing it, I enjoyed the new system better but not because of all the updates but it was because I understood the game much more as well as I had the money to buy things and all the new quests that were added really added to the game overall. Thank you for taking the time to deconstruct my post as most of it was pointless.

Cruuk likes this.
  20. SeaOfPoison

SeaOfPoison Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    The new one adds much more customization and it really lets you choose your playstyle however the old one was extremely basic and had no restrictions or even negatives, it was just levelup get better gear numbers just keep going up until they don't go up anymore and it was very boring

i think the rework was amazing and the only reason anyone would say the old system was better is because they can't get used to change,
    i myself had trouble with needing to id an item to see what it is but i've grown fond of this new system over the years,

and i am glad they changed it

Cruuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.