1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Debate About The Wynn Economy

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by orange0401, May 9, 2017.

?

How good is the economy?

1. 5/7 perfect

13 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. 5/5 greatly

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. 4/5 goodly

12 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 3/5 ok

49 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. 2/5 bad

41 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. 1/5 everything is broken

29 vote(s)
    12.7%
  7. 0/5 lolfuckthisgameimout

79 vote(s)
    34.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange0401

orange0401 Fortified with Vitamin C HERO

Minecraft:
    JackyKit likes this.
  2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, you seem like you still don't understand.
    Guilds, maybe some untradable items or goofy items like a crazy knock back stick that gets stronger every level you give
    Giving the poor money would just cause more inflation, you're using the same economical logic as WW2 Germany
    It will cause deflation tho

3. JackyKit

JackyKit Any gamebreaking glitch founder, fixed by Jumla HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    personally dont think I would dump money into guild
    The difference is the currency in this game is unlimited, if you regularly inc the amount of the emerald dropped or LE given from quests, the inflation rate would keep up with the market cost of items, at least, in WW2 Germany, the nations are happy, I thought this is what ur aiming for
    They are relative

4. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guilds already got rid of ~100mill emeralds
    No one was happy in WW2 Germany.
    The economy was shit.
    Not always

5. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in year 2015
    just because the end game content was limited. And again, we now have mythics, we need a larger temptation than a 91%ws Stratiformis
    You should study some more history, when Hitler applied that economic, unemployment rate had dropped by a fuckton.
    Question:
    if there are 2 Fatals, a person bought one, is the demand of the Fatal reduced by 1?

6. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If guilds were fixed they would function as a money sink
    I don't know what history books you've been reading, the German economy crashed after they printed a ton of money.
    If I got a ton of old phones, I destroyed half of them, does the supply increase?

7. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are just stating an assumption here
    The reason it crashed was mainly becuz of war, inflation was the secondary reason. Before war, the economics was good af, I guess you gotta google search about nazi economy, there should be plenty of answer.
    And inflation would not be as bad as it is in real life, in real life, there are so much more things that are considered as net assets, lands, stock. And in wynn, the only thing other than the currency itself is the items. And we can infinitely expand our currency with worrying of the currency losing the value and stalling the economy flow, inflation is bad in real life just because people can put the currency into stock, lands, foreign currency etc. But in wynncraft, the only thing you can stock up is items, there is only gonna be 1 type of product that you would be comparing to the currency itself.
    What you were always focusing on it the disparity between the rich and the poor, you want rich people to dump money into sink but not everyone, that's not a money sink, you are just trying to introduce a concept of reallocating wealth by taxing the rich by drawing richs' money.Then why not give the poor more money.
    Also, again, I don't see the huge inflation going on rn on the market, I am pretty sure a normal player can still afford to buy a end game with the given amount of LE from quests.
    Look at my build https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...endary-island-added-video-walkthrough.186508/ , made for soloing LI, one of the hardest end game challenge, cost only around 2 stacks, is the amount you said it is given from the quests, the market price of items are currently stable, if you have to retain your reason about people not being able to buy luxurious items such as mythics and godly items as ur stating inflation, how can inflation harm wynn economy if I give you a solution, increasing emerald amount every so often
    Edit: the only bad thing about inflation that I can think of is rip bank space

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  8. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually, the unemployment rate dropped, because a large number of people were taken out of the working population, for various reasons. None of which were good.

9. kokonut_pi

kokonut_pi ( ~ ' - ' ) ~ HERO

Minecraft:
    Drop in unemployment rate should result in a rise in employment rate... right?

10. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well it started good as population started developing industry, there were workers instead of 'soliders'
    it started great until war hit

11. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, in general, either all of the people, or some of the people, engaged in this discussion/debate are idiots? Or, did you mean to say that it's nice to read a discussion/debate where no one involved is acting like an idiot? I understood that you didn't directly call anyone an idiot, that you used the term in general, and, being in general, it can be an evasive way of commenting, because your intention is not clear. No one can read your mind in order to understand what you meant, and plenty of people can be really involved in the discussion, commenting or just reading, and wondering to whom you addressed your comment. Hence, a moderator had to get involved, in order to prevent a potential flame war.
    - Peace.

12. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is not what I said. What I said was
    Let's take an hypothetical situation. Let's say we have a working population segment that is 50 000 in size. The total working population is 1 000 000 and our hypothetical unemployment rate for our overall population is 10%, therefore 100 000 of the total working population are unemployed, while 5,000 of the specific population segment are unemployed, and therefore 45 000 are employed. We can now calculate that 100 000 - 5 000 = 95 000 people who are not members of the population segment who are unemployed. Now, we remove the entire population segment of 50 000 through various means. The total working population is now 1 000 000 - 50 000 = 950 000, however, those 45 000 jobs are now available to be filled by members of the population who are not of the selected segment of our population. The available working population is now 950 000 and the 100 000 who were unemployed is now reduced to 100 000 - 45 000 = 55 000 by filling the jobs of the 45 000 workers that were removed from the total working population. The unemployment rate is now 55 000/ 950 000 ~= 0.0579 or 5.79%. Hence, the unemployment rate is cut by greater than 40% by removing a specific segment of the population. A simple way to lower the unemployment rate, is to remove a segment of the population. That is what Germany did, with the rise of the NAZI party.
    Those workers were employed either because of the removal of various segments of the population, and the need to fill the then-vacant job positions, or through the creation of new jobs, in the military-industrial complex.

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  13. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well I am not sure how they remove the population
    This is the scheme
    and the number rather look like this
    [​IMG]
    That's a huge difference, unless I am missing something.

14. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is very interesting, however, it ignores some very important points. 1933 was the year that Hitler came to power. The NAZI party immediately began persecution and marginalization of "undesirables", including the revocation of citizenship status. A person who is a citizen or not, cannot possibly be unemployed, if they have no right to be employed in the first place. Also, women were removed from many parts of the workforce that required considerable education, and, therefore, the unemployment rate of women fell significantly, for the same reason as above. 1939 was the year that NAZI Germany invaded Poland, and that chart ceases at that year. Disregarding those facts, and selectively placing them along with that table, giving the impression that all of the unemployed were youths, is highly misleading. It's easy for the facts to be hidden from you, if the person presenting them to you is unaware of them, ignores them, or doesn't believe them.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  15. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    reading deeper I saw this
    This feels like drifting abit off topic as nazi germany was made as the comparison, I dont think we need to argue on the fact, gotta do more research about this. For now, we should moving back up there.

16. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The bottom line is this: the only way to limit inflation is to limit the money supply, in the real world. However, we aren't talking about the real world, we're talking about an MMORPG, where the more advanced players don't redistribute wealth by employing lower level players, which is why the game has to infuse new money, especially towards the lower level players, so that the economy, for what it is, is somewhat accessible by lower level players. Which leads us full circle towards introducing something that takes money out of the economy, while balancing that towards all players, rich or poor.

17. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My point still stands, when the money is infused to new players, it's more encouraged to get LE from trading with players, since you can obtain more money that way. But one thing is keeping the currency flowing within the market would indeed make emerald less and less worthy, but for now, as of the current quests reward, is sufficient enough for a player to make a end game build. Eventually, price may go higher due to inflation, yet affordable cuz there will be new quests giving LE. Steep inflation is harmful to the real word economy, yet not on Wynncraft since the currency value can not be replaced by anything else like you can in the real world. But it can possibly go uncontrollable, but for now, I see the rate of inflation is steady, which is healthy for a economy system, it allows more trading activity, it's not at a point that player is not able to make a functional end game build.

18. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait, what?
    Did you mean to say something else?
    Cause 5/7 isn't 4.4 times the value of pi.
    Or is that another internet joke?

19. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We already saw it work, why wouldn't it work again?
    http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/1920s/Econ20s.htm
    Giving the poor more money is in no way the solution, that will cause inflation just like pre WW2 Germany (which in no way was "good af")
    Money becomes useless in inflation, the price of depressing weapons increased tenfold and endgame sets cost as much as collectables used to.
    Before the war everything was shit, that's why they started a war.
    Sent them to camps and killed them in the gas Chambers and mass graves.
    War and pre war industries get rid of unemployment because it opens a lot of jobs (soldiers, farmers, mechanics and production lines)

20. Jaymon

Jaymon best on server VIP+

Minecraft:
    I can't sell my items... So therefore the economy is dead.

But seriously, I don't think the economy is healthy the way it is. It's just a bit dead..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.