1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Debate About The Wynn Economy

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by orange0401, May 9, 2017.

?

How good is the economy?

1. 5/7 perfect

13 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. 5/5 greatly

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. 4/5 goodly

12 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 3/5 ok

49 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. 2/5 bad

41 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. 1/5 everything is broken

29 vote(s)
    12.7%
  7. 0/5 lolfuckthisgameimout

79 vote(s)
    34.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange0401

orange0401 Fortified with Vitamin C HERO

Minecraft:
    Guys, this isn't a debate about religion. Lets stay on topic here;
    Lets try to expand this list

What do you think are the key problems with the economy?

Anárion likes this.
  2. JackyKit

JackyKit Any gamebreaking glitch founder, fixed by Jumla HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @TheKingMartin see? this guy understands

7Red_Dragon7 and Anárion like this.
  3. Anárion

Anárion Screw Maex #Dogovi4Ever CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  4. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    An end game sink doesn't effect everyone, it only effects the rich.
    The mid game market is close to none existent. The mid quality is alive but barely.
    If you aren't enjoying it why are you doing it?
    I didn't say delete everything and go to pre gavel, I said to go back to the pre gavel item system.
    And not everything new is good and old is bad, powders were a pre gavel thing. WF was a mistake, not everything is good and bad.

5. orange0401

Minecraft:
    he is?
    @Selvut283
    Explain, from a gameplay standpoint, why the current build system is better than the old endgame set.
    straight up false

An endgame sink affects everyone at endgame, not just those who are rich and at endgame. take LI as an example.

7Red_Dragon7 likes this.
  6. Hero Cerebrum

Hero Cerebrum The RULER of the Brain realm

Minecraft:
    ok its seems like everyone is rushing to this thread and slapping down their own opinions on the economy issue of wynn. Only 1 day and this thread have gained 9 pages of answers. First of all, 9 page is just too much for me and i did not read through most of the comments, so please forgive me if some points i state have already been discussed or even proven wrong.

Now to the main issue, the economy itself. Personally i dont have much idea here as i deem myself as not enough experience in both game economics and the mechanisms of the wynn economy, so not much notes on that aspect. However, i see ppl try to compare wynn items to real life properties, where items that are not mythic tier are compared to cheaper necessities that are essential to life in a certain degree, while mythic tier items are luxurious items where they can only be afforded by rich ppl with a huge sum of money. The rarity and price comparison here is not flawed, but the very nature of the items is different from real life goods. Items can be found, meaning that with just a little of time, patience and luck, they can be produced from thin air, applying to all tier items (non-quest rewards). The economic cost(potions, loot set, id cost) of finding any items is relatively small to the price of the item, hence being neglatable. On the other hand, real life goods can only be produced with a large sum of cost as input capital to a business, and the earnings is only from the difference between the selling price and the cost price. Take jewelry mining as an example, the most find-and-earn-a-lot type of luxurious real life good. On the surface, it may seem that mining jewelry is a business with minimal cost and huge profits, while the profits are inconsistent and hugely depends on the miner/company's luck in finding those. This is true only when the cost for miners, machinery and maintenance cost are not considered. When all these additional costs are factored in, the jewelry industry happens to be just another large cost, earn form profit type of business. All in all, the comparison between real life economy or goods to the nature of ingame items is flawed by the very idea of the comparison.

Now on to the topic of how to earn money in an economy that is such "broken", where mythic items are more than 100 times the value of legends and rares. The key is to take your time and work your way up. From the very beginning, everyone started off from the 1 stack LE given from the quests and accumulating gears throughout the lvl up process of wynn. Start off by selling the old lower lvl legends that u no longer use to other players, turning the items into cash. Although the 1 or 2 LE gain per item u sell might not seem much, it is still adding to your pool or wealth, steadily growing the affordability in terms of items. In order to sustain the growth of wealth, u might need to look for new sources of item income, hence loot runs and grindings, or buying items from desperate sellers at relatively low prices. Gradually, u are building up your bank and also your knowledge about the prices of items and the economy itself. With a few lucky roll of items and sells, your pool will soon grow to be able to afford the mid-low price mythics. Thats when money generates more money. Once you get the mythic trading started, the growth you have successfully entered the road to wealth, and if you dont mess yourself up very badly(say by selling a 10 stax worth mythic at 1 stax) the snowball of wealth will only roll larger and larger. Not convinced? Here is my personal example: i started on 1.5 stax and 4 inv full of items on January, started a shop on February, grew to 4 stax at the end of February, 9 stax by the end of March, and bought my first mythic at mid April, now own 15 stax worth of stuff, sold 250 items so far, and still have a very serious mess in my inventories.

edit:
    for tl dr:
    1. comparing wynn to real world assets is a flawed concept on its nature.
    2. to gain wealth in such economy:
    start --> quests + drops + quest reward = a ton of items + little LE -->
    a ton of items + sell/shop = more LE -->
    loot runs/grind + buy low sell high = even more LE -->
    LE + mythic trade = rich

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. tortellini

tortellini spoopy noodle VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Praise wall of text \o/

Hero Cerebrum and Anárion like this.
  8. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if I can put in three hours every Sunday? Or an hour a week? This doesn't have to be your main thing, it's a hobby we use to pass the time and take a brake from economy in real life
    I think my years in the market are enough for me to understand, there is an inflation going on and the market is becoming a larger part of the game than the community.
    So you think the economy is fine?

9. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And once again, how? How would it not affect anyone else?
    Well mhm forum god I think u gotta visit trade market more
    well I am
    Well again, I don't know anything about the pregavel concept, all you were just stating is the name of the system without elaborating and expect me or someone else that started post gavel to understand.

10. orange0401

Minecraft:
    Everything you say is conceptually correct. However, similar to mythics, in real life, it is also possible to get abhorrently lucky and become rich instantly. Take precious commodities such as gold, or oil, for example. Stumble upon a rich, unclaimed deposit of those, and boom. You're a millionaire.

You make some good points here, and I likewise agree that the economy is not 'broken', but is experiencing issues that any other economy experiences as well.

Anárion and JackyKit like this.
  11. Anárion

Anárion Screw Maex #Dogovi4Ever CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:

12. JackyKit

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    for TL;DR comparing real life economy to wynn is a flawed concept and TRADE to be rich

Hero Cerebrum likes this.
  13. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We all fucked the economy, it was doomed from the beginning.

There's a reason we had a rule not to talk about religions. Also it's derailing the thread.

orange0401 likes this.
  14. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    from what i understand hes sugesting to do a money sink for only the rich which would be really unfair

15. orange0401

Minecraft:
    Interesting claim. Any evidence?

Anárion, JackyKit and 7Red_Dragon7 like this.
  16. Hero Cerebrum

Minecraft:
    yes, there is a possibility that one stumple upon an artifect, a mineral deposit, or win a lottery in real life, resulting in huge sums of money with minimal cost and work, but it is the mindset that is the most important aspect to be distinguished here: in real life, ppl dont running around crying why they dont win a lottery or stumple upon stuff, but in wynn ppl do run around and cry about not finding mythics (i am doing the same thing), as the possibility of such counterarguments in wynn can be realistically achieved, and have enough examples to show its easyness. The easyness of finding a mythic (this is debateable) in wynn, when compared to real life stuff is way higher, hence much more convincing everyone to give it a shot and cry about it later on.

Anárion and JackyKit like this.
  17. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    we stopped and agreed to stop talking about religion why are you bring that back up

Anárion, Hero Cerebrum and JackyKit like this.
  18. orange0401

Minecraft:
    true. I get that the comparison is not 100% accurate, but I think it gets the point across about how mythics are not a necessity in wynn.

Hero Cerebrum likes this.
  19. Hero Cerebrum

Minecraft:
    XD yeah, i tl dr the whole thread am i am adding more content to it for future readers, how ironic

20. orange0401

Minecraft:
    don't, you're an experience market player. We need more credible opinions in this matter, just add a tl;dr :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.