1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Day 5 Of Waiting For The Hero Beta.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Frost_Shadow_22, Dec 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frost_Shadow_22

Frost_Shadow_22 Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I see that I have made a mistake, but that was in thinking you have been misunderstanding my statements. You clearly, just fundamentally disagree with my argument. I was approaching this as though you would be able to accept a little frustration if I could explain, that for people like me, it was in good faith, but obviously not.

I strongly disagree with the idea that complaining about the shortcomings, especially those to do with the release speed of updates, just makes you an impatient person who isn't thinking about all the hard work the team is doing. I'd say quite the opposite, and as long as you aren't super disruptive and you stay open to debate, I think a bit of complaining can be quite healthy for the community as whole. I realize I don't get a free pass to complain, but the Devs also don't get a free pass to be late, just because we love them and they are working hard.

2. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    First off, I also disagree with the idea that complaining about the shortcomings, especially those to do with the release speed of updates, just makes you an impatient person who isn't thinking about all the hard work the team is doing. What makes your post bad is that it offers no helpful feedback or suggestions.

Next, the devs actually do get a free pass to be late, not because we love them but because they have no obligation to us. They owe us nothing and we owe nothing to them. If we had to pay to play their game, that would be a different story, if there was a subscription system and they were taking our money and not disclosing how it's being used, that would be a different story and if we had already paid for this update upfront it would be a different story. If we were in any of those situations, I would agree with you, but we aren't so I, and most people, don't.

Finally, complaining is bad for a community. If something is bad, not just in a game but in life, complaining does nothing to solve the problem. If you want to solve a problem, you need to offer good solutions. Take one look at the suggestions forum, it's nonstop complaints but what makes those threads good and yours bad is the fact that they're trying to fix the problems. Even with the Champion rank complaints, people were still working to figure out solutions because that's how change gets made. Complaining for the sake of complaining is just needless destruction of other peoples work. You didn't offer any real solution so nobody has any obligation to take you seriously.

I get it, you're upset the update isn't coming out soon, like basically everybody else, myself included. The difference is everybody else knows that bitching about it isn't going to do anything. Your post serves no purpose, the people who are happy to wait are not going to change their mind reading it, basically nobody who is tired of waiting agrees with you and all it does is spit in the face of the devs who have been slaving away at making something which they get basically no recognition for. It's just pointless. I tried to be understanding of what you said, I made an argument to defend you earlier today, but you're clearly beyond reasoning with if you can't understand why what you said isn't helpful to the devs or the community.

Also, nobody here is making any arguments in bad faith other then you, we're trying to help you and you keep strawmaning everything we say. I really don't understand why you brought that up...

BlueCloud likes this.
  3. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Further from this, there was much more agreement in the community about the Champion rank because of this.

4. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bruh it hasnt even left the release window they gave, theres no point to complain.

5. crawfish

crawfish crawfish :) HERO

Minecraft:
    hi i dont think its fair to say this is entirely the fault of salted or any of the volunteers who do shi for wynn. like think about their perspective! say salted didn’t mention a potential release for hero beta or anything like that. then, a good portion of the community would be excessively begging them for information regarding a release that no one can really be certain of. shown from a bunchhh of updates in the past, not releasing info is a surefire way to get criticized (hence the monthly updates they started this yr). on the other hand, say salted risked releasing a potential date for the hero beta and update (like he did with 1.20), despite the fact that he and the wynn team can't really know its exact date. while they would hope that they would satisfy that portion of the community, they would also risk receiving criticism yet again. however, in spite of that risk, salted + the wynn team released some information!! and when they receive criticism in return through posts like this, you kinda poop all over their kindness. the wynn team is doing everything in their power to make this update fun for us FOR FREE!! they don’t have to release information for us or create content for us but they do. they cant know how long itll take for everything to be ready. thats impossible!! its not fair to say that they’re at fault for not knowing the future :/ plus salted said that early and mid december were GOALS not actual releases. and they havent even passed those dates its literally december fourth. i could understand your frustration a litttttle more if it was like the end of january but right now i think it’s ridiculous to be criticizing them like this ://

6. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thank you for your feedback!

We've run into a number of preliminary issues in our staff-only beta which is why HB hasn't come out yet. For HB to be a successful experience, we had to fix some urgent bugs (a few of which were lag related).

What does a staff beta mean to you all? Well as a staff team (mods & CT & devs) we brutally stressed the servers in advance so we run into fewer issues on beta release.

Despite being "the best admin" I cannot give you a release date for HB just in case something unexpected comes up and we have delay it further. I hope you understand.

7. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You're way too nice

8. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    The information we exactly needed in the exact time we needed it. Good job!

That_Chudley, Druser and MC_security like this.
  9. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know right?
    It's not like those things were on time in the past. Soon™ exists for a reason.

That_Chudley likes this.
  10. saltii

saltii Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    f

11. MaleDuck

MaleDuck Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gonna cry...?

CountBurn likes this.
  12. GreenTheMeme

GreenTheMeme Doing damage pleases me sexually

Guild:
    Wynncraft Gavel Reborn release any% Speedrun (no pot)

13. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's Gavel 2. After how long the first one took, I'll be happy with any amount of time that isn't best expressed in years.

14. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I appreciate the excitement ya got for the update! it's definitely not the worse negative feedback i've gotten throughout the years. i didn't make any announcement about beta taking forever because we're still in the range I gave on the changelog. we're working on it every day and have been doing tons of testing. take this screenshot of a guild named "we suck" taking over half the world on our staff beta as proof
    [​IMG]

HalfCat_, wxhlf, SoulBurned and 26 others like this.
  15. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Castti, Alex1, WithTheFish and 12 others like this.
  16. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's worth noting that Salted wasn't originally planning on releasing the changelog that day. So it's more like the changelog is early rather than the hero beta is late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.