1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

D&d - A List Of Random Magic Items.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by A Human, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Are these items good?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Also Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Still yes

8. Yes?

9. Definitely

10. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was bored and so made a list of random (pointless) magic items for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D). Anyone is free to add more in replies to this thread. If you find a use for any of them, tell me.

Anyways here we go:

Paper of Erasing

A normal looking piece of paper, a little too clean.

Magic Abilities:

Removes anything on it after a few minutes (Stains, Ink, Runes, etc.)

Other:

Just a normal looking sheet of paper.

Crystal of Screams

A small glowing cryastal which is constantly changing colour. It periodically starts screaming very loudly.

Magic Abilities:

It changes colour every 5 minutes, and starts screaming for random periods of time at random intervals at the DM’s discretion

Other:

A faint aura can be felt around it, making people slightly more depressed

Die of Couches

A single, small red d6. The small white circles indicating the sides sometimes glow a dim white light for a few seconds.

Magic Abilities

• Can be rolled once a day. If rolled more than once, only the first time has a magical effect.
    • When rolled, whichever side it lands on gives a different random effect, read following table for descriptions.
    1: Pushes everything within 10ft back 15ft and deals 4 damage to them.

2: Gives all creatures within 15ft advantage on all rolls for 1 minute, but only while within the area.

3: Pulls everything within 15ft towards dice, dealing 4 damage to them.

4: Turns random creature within 15ft into a couch for 1 minute. Couch cannot break.

5: Fills a 15ft radius circle around the dice with dense fog, all creatures within range have disadvantage on attacks and creatures attacking into range as well.

6: Die turns into a couch for 1d6 hours. Couch can be broken, piece that turns back into a die is chosen by DM.

Other

• When rolled, roll Takes 1 action to roll.

2. A Human

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    PART TWO

Book of Questionable Truths

A small book with no text inside. When a question is written in the book, it speaks the answer out loud.

Magic Abilities:

When a player writes a question in the book, it speaks an answer out loud. The answer is always technically true, but not exactly what the question meant, and the voice is always very upset and ‘sassy’. For example:
    Question: ‘Where is the Dark Lord’s treasure?’
    Answer: ‘Ugh, stop asking these pointless questions. Fine, let me check... uhh, yeah, it’s in his treasure room.’
    The book has space for exactly 12 questions to be written inside it. When all 12 are used up, it loses all magical properties.

The ULTIMATE Crystal!

A small blue crystal with the words ‘The ULTIMATE Crystal!’ carved into it.

Magical Properties:

It is enchanted to make any nearby creatures (within a 4ft range) make a WIS saving throw with a DC of 4 upon their first encounter with the crystal: On a fail, they get a curse that makes them totally convinced that the crystal is the Ultimate Crystal of Ultimate Power.
    On a successful save, nothing happens.

Will add more to the original post and to thisreply later, since I am currently on mobile and it is difficult to write long posts.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  3. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where's bag of tricks?

4. A Human

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Forgot that one, if there's anything you want to add, you can.

5. Twilo101

Twilo101 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:

In all seriousness, these items are hilarious, and I'm definitely gonna use that Crystal of Ultimate Power

A Human and Tsukuyomi like this.
  6. A Human

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The paper of erasing is actually a pretty versatile item. I introduced it in my campaign by making someone sell them what they thought was the deed for a giant mansion. They come to the mayor to show the deed, and he just asks ‘what kind of a joke is this?’ Because the paper erased everything on it.

It had the minor side effect of causing my players to burn down the home of the person who sold it to them.

Twilo101 likes this.
  7. Twilo101

Twilo101 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is so amazing and evil, I love it!

8. A Human

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    New item!

The Ring of Blind Invisibility

A small, black ring. It has a small grey gemstone in the middle.

Magical Properties:
    The ring allows the wearer to become invisible, but only after closing their eyes for 3 seconds and only until they open their eyes again. Essentially, allows them to be invisible but only when their eyes are closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.