1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Cqs- Should Crafting Be Reworked How, And Or Why?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Lk2003, Feb 15, 2020.

?

Should Crafting be reworked

1. Yes

2. Naw

3. Princeston art gallery

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lk2003

Lk2003 Ign Skienishere/mythic counter -1

Controversial Questions

I
    wanna do this weekly I wanna see what the community feels about the strange and or Controversial topics of wynncraft (not too controversial) I just wanna see what people think about certain things

So leave your Comments in the Comments

Edit: Soon I will post a review of what people thought and give a collective review based on everyone's Opinion

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. Mad-Eye Moody

Mad-Eye Moody 1,764,415 Melons

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Crafting is honestly fine as it is.

Emogla3 and Dream like this.
  3. Jirayut

Jirayut strati masterrace VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it is NOT fine
    espescially powder as ingredient part

4. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez The Singu man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Explain more.
    That’s the whole part of this thread lol

geeleegulu likes this.
  5. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Since you're talking about the Crafting system, it seems good enough, ever since they made ingredients more common, you can get tons of ingreds from lootrunning, but I do think the auto-naming system is terribly hilarious, they could've just made it sound less, stupid?

Emogla3 and MegaCoquin like this.
  6. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Jumla Is best dad. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its a little op

7. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear thinks the crafting system should be less randomized. Ice Bear feels that the crafted weapons were the perfect way to bridge the power gap between people who could afford mythics and those who couldn't though they may have bridged it a bit too well and overtaken a lot of mythics in power... Anyways Ice Bear's main complaint about crafted weapons is their randomness, how the tiers of speed are random. Ice Bear would find it very frustrating to craft gather all the materials only to get something that will good isn't quite what you want. Ice Bear feels that crafted weapons should be something consistent, a consistent path to endgame power rather than hunting for mythics.

NicBOMB, Emogla3, MikAsk123 and 9 others like this.
  8. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez The Singu man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Idk what you mean, but me and my Nutty Cereal of Moistness are gonna leave now

9. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I agree! The tier speed shouldn't be random, and I feel that Skill Points need to be changed on crafted items, for example: They should be static on ingredients, just like on regular items. Plus, Skill Points shouldn't go down when durability is lost as this can easily break an entire build. ( I also dislike how fast durability goes down, it really needs a change).

10. Jirayut

Jirayut strati masterrace VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK, first of all
    base damage of crafted isn't that low, now it's even more absurd with powder, look at how the best recipe f or water weapon are 3 tier 6 water powder with some spell damage(no +int req) OR 665522(using powder tier for recipe) powder slap. because of how concentration works and how crafted's base damage "Jumps" when you put powder in 3 slots
    So, from my observation with lvl 100 crafted bow, and using wynndata to see how much it SHOULD have after powder. i saw it jumped by roughly 40-60 damage, which is around 50 more avg on Normal (makes it a lot more than baseline for water weapons).
    And around 100 base damage jumped for SLOW speed weapon( i didn't screenshot pre powder of this one, but it's around that)
    Secondly, Due to how Concentration works(yes yes, t6 for armor, which 80% of playerbase don't even notice it's even important in builds) means extra 20% water damage per mana used and stacking upward. the higher base comes into play, effectively making crafted bow dealing a LOT more than water mythics, even with no mr in the weapon.
    Now, all of that wouldn't be problem if powder isn't used in the recipe.
    Thanks for coming to my crafted talk.

11. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ambivalence Cult VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wouldn't really call crafteds controversial anymore, ingredients are fairly well balanced (although the ways of getting a certain few ingredients could be better.. looking at you, 0.05% droprate ingredients) and crafted gear doesn't feel very out of place most of the time. They were of course intended to be the replacement for mythics for all those who can't afford any in a balancing sense, so you really should not complain that a crafted weapon gets the same damage (output) as some mythics- they're supposed to do that.

That being said, especially weapons have a few issues: powders seem to still screw with things (same-element powders seem to boost damage much more than they should, and different element powders from base damage actually lower it? shit's wack yo), and most importantly them only really being able to be useful for spell. This is partially thanks to a lack of good melee ingredients, durability functioning like it does, attack speeds only going from Slow to Fast, and probably the worst offender: the random base attack speed.

Now I don't like advertising, but just this once I'll link my suggestion about attack speeds on crafted weapons:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/250982/

12. Mad-Eye Moody

Mad-Eye Moody 1,764,415 Melons

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I once crafted a "Spicy Cereal with Fries"

13. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Ignoring every other feedback in this thread, that one was 100% done on purpose. The whole team got together in a call one night and we wrote out a whole bunch of silly suffix/prefix on a spreadsheet and made funny combos. I think we got a "by Yahya in comic sans" for scrolls as a super rare suffix, it might actually be legitimately impossible for anyone to get it knowing how hard it is to get a rainbow-themed name
    [​IMG]

14. Captain Flavio

Captain Flavio the red man nobody likes HERO

Minecraft:
    Well, now I know what I'm doing when I finally level my professions.

15. H0Y

H0Y A H0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y SHORTENED HERO

Minecraft:
    I feel the crafting system does not need to be reworked but needs several changes, like barts attack tier suggestion, and changing the randomness a bit.

Edit: For definition people, Im using rework as like big change, like how they changed Manablast.

16. Droger

Droger Self proclaimed "Dungeon Master" VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Professions as a whole suck :)

I'm not biased at all why do you think that smh

-Rework infested pit ;) better spawn mechanics

17. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

He's not talking about professions, he's talking about crafting as a mechanic, but I have feeling that there's satire in this comment

Droger likes this.
  18. Droger

Droger Self proclaimed "Dungeon Master" VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, satire level 100

I just say this to everyone bc I'm the dungeon guy

19. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Besides crafting levels (which I won’t get into because that’s a whole other thing), I would say just make the process more controlled, so choosing your own attack speed, number of powder slots, etc. Like others have said, it’s frustrating to have your ingredients with a 0.05% drop rate go towards an item with the wrong attack speed, and crafted items aren’t great at emulating gimmicks. The whole system is meant to be an alternative to the RNG of normal items, so I see no reason why there should be any randomness at all.

Here are the few changes I suggested: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/more-item-customization.260714/

Lexwomy likes this.
  20. Dondasch

Dondasch Hadal gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    God I really hate the durability system, I hate it so much. It's just terrible in so many ways.

How it locks you out of several playstyles because of to the "don't get hit lol"-mechanic (making endurance stacking a big no-no)

How it has no cooldown, so a mob with shotgun-like attacks might just take off 15-20 durability in one attack

How it is completely lacking clarity in how or when the durability even goes down (walking? getting hit? swimming? riding? agility based dodges)

How it makes all crafted weapons feel like cheap knock-off items to use

How it completely locks crafted items out of being able to replace SP-items due to their decay nature

How the items start decaying at 50% but the chat reminder starts appearing at 66%

How you can cheese the durability system by crafting op shit and just not move

How much scrap it costs to repair even small durability loses

I hate the durability system more than highbread hates royal hydrangea

Lexwomy, Emogla3, RazorGuild and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.