1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Mage/Dark Wizard Cool And Good Nepta Floodbringer Build ''poseidon''

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by EvanOrizam, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This beautiful build, which was created by Arthexis/BrightDanny(he was too lazy to post it himself), a talented programmer student and playtested and named Poseidon by me, has very good DPS and EHP, with good meteor damage, mana regen and Effective Health. It is carefully planned by it's creator and what could I say, it's just wonderful, even if it's price is a little high because of the t6 water powders
    You can see the gear and stats on this link.
    Tips:
    -The 2 t6 water powders on each armor piece and the wand give this build way better DPS, due to the powder special ''Concentration'' don't forget to put them on if you hace the money to do it!
    -You can fill the other powder slots with any powder(thunder is recommended, since this build has low Thunder defence), but remember, make sure the powder special doesn't get replaced!
    -You should buy a 4 mana regen Third Eye, because it is the most important ID(Identification) stat, if possible also get one with good SP regen, which is not important to gameplay, but can be useful to get Soul Points faster if you die a lot of times.
    -For the other armor pieces, go for good Spell Damage and Water Damage identifications, as these are very important.
    -For the Nepta Floodbringer, the most important stat is Health Bonus, around 1400 if possible.
    -For the Hive and Legendary Island accesories, check out the Red Lotus Free Help Service.

Similar but slightly tankier and same DPS build in suggestions:
    https://wynnbuilder.github.io/#4_0270F+0r507W0WA0OK0K40OM0VG0n0g211R1D1g10009I10009I10009I10009I10009I
    P.S. Excuse my bad English, as it is not my native language.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. BrightDanny

BrightDanny Well-Known Adventurer

The strengths of this build are:

- High effective HP without potions (around 43-47k effective HP depending on the rolls)
    - Up to 12 mana regen
    - Easy upkeep of healing
    - Ramps up damage if you allow the powder special from armors to stack up, which recently has been fixed (hotfix)

Downsides:
    - Needs some investment (Depending on your luck with the market, about 8 LE without powders, 16-24LE with powders
    - Needs some LI items

Note: It is possible to not have the t6 powders. You will still be able to do 10-13k damage meteors without powder specials on weapon or armour while still having the effective HP.

3. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for this helpful reply, I did not know how to express that. You should put the highest tier of powder special you can afford, though, as damage stacking makes it much more powerful. And I should note that this is way cheaper than most mythics, which are just a bit more powerful than this, so if you do your quests and some scrapping/lootrun, you can buy this.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  4. Ilovepugsalot :D

Ilovepugsalot :D Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Morph with third eye and nepta is better and cheaper imo im using t4 powders and on my weapons and im not using any powders on my armor and im easily doing 10k with having decent ehp and. Also what lvl is this? i didnt quite understand as it said lvl min 106 so yeah

Qzphs likes this.
  5. StinkEyeCookie

StinkEyeCookie Corruption serves Dern

Minecraft:
    Powdering armor is generally not done unless you are trying to go for a specific gimmick (like rage) or you seek to speed-run EO or LI or raids or something of the sort. They are completely optional and I would advise new players abstain from them.
    If you rely on armor specials to get damage, what is so special about the build?
    Soul point regen is just a gimmick that has practically no effect on gameplay.
    I disagree. The most important stats are Spell Damage and Water Damage.

It would be more effective to build tri-elemental. Sometimes quad-elemental and penta-elemental (which is what yours is) are used, though in many cases tri-elemental is easier to build and more effective.

Rainbow/penta items such as Libra and Vaward would not be very great choices in a single element based damage wand such as Nepta. Libra gives only 20% water damage and 1/4s mana regen. A better choice to Libra would be Vacuum. It has 3/4s mana regen, 2 more than Libra. It also has 260 Raw Spell. Raw Spell is much more effective than Spell Damage Percent on Mage because of high spell multipliers and low base damages. 260 Raw Spell will increase meteor damage by 1300 damage.

Another plus of Vacuum is the fact that it has no dexterity requirement. This cuts down on skill point usage, allowing for more focus in other skill points making them more effective. It is usually best to choose one offensive (strength/dexterity) skill point, one defensive (defense/agility), and of course most importantly Intelligence in normal spell builds.

Vaward is an odd choice as well. It has no mana regen and only 20% Spell Damage. The health and the skill points are not as especially useful as they may seem; Vaward is mostly for if you don't have enough skill points in the first place.

Third Eye is decent if you need more Intelligence and mana regen, though it could always be swapped for a better helmet if you have enough Intelligence and mana regen.

Prowess is an interesting choice. It's a good choice, though the master Hive voucher could be used for something more effective in this build, for example Intensity (intensity has 15% spell and 15% water giving a total 30% damage increase)

Consider this relatively generic quad-elemental build: here

It has less health, but much greater meteor damage. Mana sustain is not impacted harshly because your meteors now cost 1 mana instead of 2 mana.

TotemOfUndying likes this.
  6. NamesAreHard

NamesAreHard WFA Enthusiast (She/He/They) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One of the main things that the two presented builds in this thread are missing out on is Curse. Curse is an amazing buff and with a spell-steal setup you can have it constantly active, here's a lil' ditty I put together in a few minutes https://wynnbuilder.github.io/#4_02...0VG00+m221k0K1g10009I10009I10009I10009I10009I
    The damage seems like less than StinkEyeCookie's but with the near constant curse that's easy to sustain with super slow (Aphotic needs -attack speed low enough for that) it will hit average 19k.

7. BrightDanny

Your build trades some tankiness for more damage. The mechanic behind this build, with the high mana regen, is that you can stack up the powder special from the armour, which got fixed in the latest hotfix. This special adds 5% damage per mana used for {MANA USED} amount of seconds, I.E if your spell costs 10 mana, it will add 50% damage for 10 seconds. This buff stacks with itself, therefore the mana regen is important for this to work. The reason it is not tri or quad element is that all damage from the Concentration buff goes to the water damage, dealing decent damage even versus mobs with some water resistance. While you don't use the other damage bonuses from vaward, it does provide decent health and stat points. Stat points, especially in Defense and Agility, become stronger the more you have of it (if you don't understand this I recommend looking at some guides regarding these stats).

The build you suggested trades about 16%~ eHP and 3 mana regen for 25-30%~ more damage without taking Concentration into consideration, but will utilize the powder mechanic less often due to lower mana regen. It also would have more trouble using Curse, due to the negative lifesteal (which can be annoying if you hit multiple mobs at the same time). The most important stat on Nepta for this build is Health, but that does not mean the other stats are irrelevant.

The idea behind it is the more you are able to stand still (being tankier), the more actual DPS you will do and have better uptime on Curse and powders on armour.

To offset the high cost, one could use lower tier powders for a lesser, but still helpful effect :)

PS: With Curse, this build will hit 17.1k meteors on average, without taking powder specials from armour into consideration, in ideal situations this would mean it takes about 5-6 seconds to stack up charges for Curse, which means 100% uptime since Curse lasts 8 seconds. Thanks to NamesAreHard for mentioning Curse, but it was already also available in the build :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  8. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you have any complaints or suggestions for this build, contacts it's creator, Arthexis/BrightDanny.
    If you just made tips on using it, thank you.
    You can tweak it as much as you want, see how it works.

9. JerryIsBad

JerryIsBad Rainbow Slap Enthusiast VIP

Minecraft:
    You really aren't able to use 12 mana regen as a mage so might as well redeem 19k free EHP.

King of Hearts for healing.

https://wynnbuilder.github.io/#4_02...0VG0n0g211R1D1g10009I10009I10009I10009I10009I
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Aquamarine
    > Far Cosmos
    > Vaward
    > Capricorn
    > Olive
    > Diamond Hydro Ring
    > Prowess
    > Diamond Hydro Necklace
    > Nepta Floodbringer [w6w6]

I mean if you really wanted to you could just

https://wynnbuilder.github.io/#4_02...0VG0n0g211P1D1g10009I10009I10009I10009I10009I

still free 13k EHP

10. StinkEyeCookie

StinkEyeCookie Corruption serves Dern

Minecraft:
    i know how ehp and curse and concentration work

also: better thing than the other i posted i guess

11. BrightDanny

Those are nice alternatives :D

12. 9o62

9o62 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    11k meteors is pretty abyssmal ngl, especially with a super fast speed so you can't really abuse Curse. Also I would recommend cascade if you're going to use Libra and Cumulonimbus. Also i would recommend using dragon's eye bracelet for 1 cost meteors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.