1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Coming Back To Wynncraft - Could You Answer Some Questions?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by TMY8, Apr 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMY8

TMY8 The Wynnarchist, dealing in very...specific goods VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hi! I'm coming back to Wynncraft after a 3-year hiatus, and a lot has changed. Luckily, not everything has, and I'm doing several quests, but I want to understand some more of these mechanics in depths. My main class is a 90th level Archer.
    1. What are corrupted dungeons, and how do I access them?
    2. How do you trigger boss altars, and what types of items are usually required? Plus, what items do you get from them?
    3. What do you use the skills for(woodsworking, fishing, etc.) and is it worth leveling them up?
    4. Have any new item tiers been added(beyond Mythic) and what is important about them?
    5. I went into the market and bought an item. It appears in my View Trades tab but I can't claim them. I have already paid. Is this just a bug, or am I missing something?
    6. This is the big one. I made this build 3 years ago:
    Morph-Stardust
    Gravity
    Vaward
    Leadlights

Prism
    Prism
    Prowess
    Clock Amulet

Freedom
    a. Does this still hold up? If not, how do I improve it?
    b. If I want an offense vampire/mana regen build, what should I be going for?

Thanks! If there are other places I should put these questions, feel free to say so!

pumpkindove and Coragon42 like this.
  2. Coragon42

Coragon42 Build Maker in Training HERO

Minecraft:
    1. Corrupted Dungeons are higher level versions of the regular dungeons. They can all be teleported to via the Forgery, which is west of Cinfras (the negative x direction). To obtain keys to those dungeons, you can do it the very inconvenient way, which is to kill Broken Corrupted Key Guardians and find Nii Guardians/spawn Uth Guardians (search that up if you want to learn more) and craft corrupted keys, or you can do it the easy way, which is to buy off stuff off the Trade Market. Then there is the Dungeon Party way, where you go wait for a Dungeon Party (a bunch of dungeon and xp bombs) to be announced in a certain world and you try to get into that world. Some Corrupted Dungeon rewards are very good in endgame builds.

2. Boss altars require specific ingredients to trigger. Their rewards vary depending on the boss altar, but you can get special untradeable weapons, armor, and accessories, as well as special ingredients for crafting. Some rewards are good (like Summa and the Orange Wybel's weapons), while others are mediocre/bad (like Onenya Hronkas). You can search up boss altar guides here on the forums or search on your own via the Wynncraft wiki (you can also check out youtube videos such as those by Shots).

3. There are 2 types of professions: gathering and crafting. Fishing, woodcutting, mining, and farming are gathering professions that are used to obtain the base materials for crafting. The crafting professions are tailoring (boots and leggings), armouring (chestplates and helmets), weaponsmithing (daggers and spears), woodworking (bows, wands, and reliks), alchemism (consumable potions), cooking (consumable meals), and scribing (consumable AoE scrolls). Note that each crafting profession is usually associated with two gathering professions (with woodworking being the exception, as it can be associated with three gathering professions depending on what weapons you craft). Professions take a very, very long to max out, but you can craft otherwise unobtainable consumables as well as weapons/armor pieces that are stronger than regular ones if you use certain ingredients the right way. Note that they are 99% optional (completely optional except for the very first time you do the tutorial).

4. There are no tiers higher than Mythic. However, a tier in between Mythic and Legendary has been added: Fabled. Some Fableds can be obtained by quests/boss altars, while others are tradeable. Some Fableds are very powerful in builds (like Nighthawk [which has a special Major ID, or ability], Draoi Fair, and Ornate armor), while others not so much (such as Plague Staff and Vindicator).

5. This is a bug that Wynncraft has been experiencing recently, and this is the second (?) time it has occurred.

6. Your build: https://wynndata.tk/s/yh3fi5 (not sure what powders you used or how you used the extra skill points, so I did it for you)
    Nighthawk Freedom build: https://wynndata.tk/s/aqv1m8

You can post questions in the "Questions" section.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    pogge5 likes this.
  3. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome back!
    1. Harder versions of normal dungeons with mostly the same mechanics. You can find them in the Forgery, which is west of Cinfras. To get keys, you'll need a broken key from a corrupted key guardian, and runes to create the keys. Nii runes are dropped by Nii Guardians spawning in Dark/Light Forests and CotL, Uth runes can be obtained from Uth altars (one in Gavel, one in Corkus) and Tol rune exchange is unlocked through a quest in the new Silent Expanse region.

2. Boss altars are triggered when right clicked with the items (items must be in your hand). They usually require 12-16 specific drops from mobs around, you can read more about each altar's requirement on the Wiki. You can get some pretty decent gear from them but it is not a guaranteed drop every time.

3. Woodworking, fishing, farming and mining are gathering professions. There are also 8 crafting professions, allowing you to make your own powerful gear and/or consumables. It is however completely optional, and extremely grindy in the higher levels so be aware of that before doing professions. Not sure if they're worth it, that's up to you.

4. In the most recent update, a Fabled tier has been added, said to be 10x rarer than Legendaries and between Legendary and Mythic in terms of power. There are also now Major IDs that give you unique powers :o

5. Pretty sure the Trade Market is broken at the moment. You'll likely be able to claim it once it is fixed.

6. Don't know much about builds, I'm sure someone else can help you with this one :)

By the way, here's a nice thread that explains some more things and might answer your questions in more detail https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/returning-players-read-this-what-has-changed-updated.250419/
    Hope this helps!
    oh darn coragon beat me to it

pumpkindove and Coragon42 like this.
  4. TMY8

TMY8 The Wynnarchist, dealing in very...specific goods VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks! That build looks awesome! Two questions:
    1. Does life/mana steal proc only when you kill an enemy? If no, when.
    2. When it says that Atlas drops attacks speed by 6-10 tiers, does that mean that Super Fast Attack Speed -> Fast Attack Speed -> Normal for 6 tiers, or something different?

5. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Creator of salteďpog3 and other monstrosities VIP+ Modeler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, some good ol' classbuilding questions-

1. Life/Mana steal procs at a percentage that's determined by your attack speed to roughly equal 1 proc per 4 seconds (so that the x/4 value makes sense)
    Here's a table of the chances that a given attack speed will proc a steal effect: (Same for both Mana Steal/Life Steal)
    Super Fast: 5.8%
    Very Fast: 8.1%
    Fast: 10%
    Normal: 12.2%
    Slow: 16.6%
    Very Slow: 30.1%
    Super Slow: 49%

2. There's 6 Attack Tiers in total, all of which I just listed above within the table, so -6 tiers will fully drop a Superfast attack to a Superslow attack. The reason that people do this, and love atlas because of it, is because you can spend less time meleeing to get the stealing procs you want (At superslow it's basically a coinflip whether you get the mana/lifesteal you want, which lends more time to casting spells). While over time, you have the same rate of proccing stealing effects, it's more efficient to slow down your hits to reliably cast more spells.

Druser, Coragon42 and oinuk like this.
  6. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there are actually 7 attack tiers :sunglasses:
    3 slow 1 normal 3 fast

I_Liek_Turtlez, Druser and Coragon42 like this.
  7. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Creator of salteďpog3 and other monstrosities VIP+ Modeler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh heck I can't count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.