Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World } Class Idea { Support } Cleric {

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by LtCorgi, Dec 23, 2018.

?

Do you like it?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtCorgi

LtCorgi the Beautiful VIP

Minecraft:
    Description;
    Clerics offer buffs to players, skilled in the art of prayer. Lacking in both the weakest defense and damage but compensating with high spell and range. All their spells benefiting both you and players around you, making the Cleric useful for almost all situations.

Class;
    Unlocks after level 25 with any class, I feel like the limitation is needed so players new to the genera aren't bored or confused. Cleric is a ranged fighter who is horrible when it comes to damage and defense but makes up for it in spells meant to be an assistant rather than a one-man-army. Another major perk to this class is the gear, mob drops sport the highest vitality items in the game for the Cleric.

Base Stats;
    Damage - [■ ■ ■ ■ ■]
    The left button isn't as useful as other classes.

❤ Defense - [■ ■ ■ ■ ■]
    Low defense, requires constant attention to survive.

➳ Range - [■ ■ ■ ■ ■]
    Much like the archer, Cleric spouts damage from afar.
    ✮ Spells - [■ ■ ■ ■ ■]
    Spells are where Cleric shines, having unique outputs for each spell.

Attack;
    The cleric uses a book as a weapon, small projectiles are shot at the range of the archer.

Spells;
    Right-Left-Right, (Glowing Radiance)
    Heals everyone within 7 blocks for 7% of their max health for 3 mana.
    • Upgrade 1; Now healing for 9% of their max health for 3 mana with an aditonal 5% movement speed.
    • Upgrade 2; Now healing for 12% of their max health for 2mana with an additional 10% movement speed and 5% damage reduction

Right-Right-Right, (Chanted Strength)
    Everyone within 8 blocks is given a 15% damage boost for 5 mana.
    • Upgrade 1; Now a 20% boost for 5 mana with an additional 5% crit chance.
    • Upgrade 2; Now a 25% boost for 4 mana with an additional 6% crit chance.

Right-Right-Left, (Smite)
    A bolt of light is quickly thrown five blocks forward; all enemies in radius will be slowed and take an additional 10% damage for 6 mana.
    • Upgrade 1; Range is increased to six blocks and additional damage is 15% for 5 mana.
    • Upgrade 2: Range is increased to seven blocks and if ally is standing in range, all negative effects are removed.

Right-Left-Left, (Sacred Prayer)
    Everyone within 10 blocks is given a 20% of the user's health for an over-shield for 8 mana.
    • Upgrade 1: Ranged is increased to 11 blocks and allies are given 25% of your max health for an over-shield for 7 mana.
    • Upgrade 2: Range is increased to 12 blocks, allies are given 25% of your max health for an over-shield for and elemental damge for everyone is increased by 15% for 7 mana.
    Misc;
    VIP version; Paladin or Priest?
    Thank you for reading, sorry for any confusion or mistakes.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    H0Y, mouldy and yellowscreen like this.
  2. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Looks pretty intresting, but some things (spell 1, smite, stats) seem awfully close to mage, the character meant for spells.
    A lot of detail is here, but you forgot one thing - spells are upgraded every now and then, so you need to add upgrdaes for spells. And don't use things like (1/10th of mana) because all mana costs so far are solid values (for example, meteor with no intel costs 8 mana)
    Still, very well done!

trex1611, ItsFreakinHarry and mouldy like this.
  3. LtCorgi

Minecraft:
    Thank you, so much for you input. I will change the mana and I haven't made it far enough into the game to be made aware of upgrades. Well recently, long story short I played the game awhile ago but got back into it and deleted everything I previously had. I will probably find a way to make Smite more unique as well.

yellowscreen likes this.
  4. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    this is a very well written suggestion and although it’s probably not gonna get added, nice work

SUPER M likes this.
  5. LtCorgi

Minecraft:
    Thank you for your input, and I wont be angry if it's not implemented. I actually didn't take very much time on this concept. Thank you once again; and enjoy your day.

mouldy likes this.
  6. Stupid Steelpid

Stupid Steelpid Searches for a Fermion, gets a Stardew instead CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    nice suggestion but i dont think a support class would work as it needs someone else to be useful

7. LtCorgi

Minecraft:
    It's design is suppose to allow it to scrape by if you're individually playing but definitively strive off others. It's intention was suppose to be an important role in parties for dungeons or high level missions.

8. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    also i forgot but the r-r-r spell must be a movement spell

9. TheRelicHunter

TheRelicHunter Member of the wynncast VIP+

Minecraft:
    While I like the idea in general and how detailed this is, there is one big problem.

You have to depend on other players.

A lot of players if not most play through quests solo. If you're at the same level as these bosses most likely they will be tough. (Took me 12 minutes to cheese Baab on my lvl 69 mage.)

Maybe higher damage with less range would be more balanced. I'm not sure, so thats up to you.

Good luck with the suggestion.

10. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a class I would like to have in the game...

However it is still really gamechanging.

We should do specializations.

2 for each base class ;))

The Cleric would be a healing specialization of the Mage.

This ofc would also be really gamechanging but would make the item and game system way more creative and fun.

Because everyone uses the same builds for everything and stuff ._.

11. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While it isn't a bad idea, this could very easily become overpowered due to the amount of buffs it gives imo, and it really has no actual downside (outside of the lack of a mobility spell). Mage already has pretty low defense (despite what it says, mage actually has 80% base defense while assassin has 100% even though both bars are equal), so really it's essentially just a slightly glassier mage but less damaging archer that makes up for it with a buttload of buffs. Also, what damage does smite do? I'd assume by the "bolt of light" it would be lightning, but every spell (excluding vanish) does do some amount of elemental damage at some point (while charge doesn't do damage at first it later gets fire damage). Could you also specify what damage chained strength is buffing?

Oh and you know how I said the buffs might be overpowered? Let's talk about that for a second, specifically sacred prayer* and chanted strength.

This class as you have shown is meant to be played with other players to be a support. Let's just use my archer build (oh boy full morph) as an example real quick for this. This https://wynndata.tk/s/rZRu3l is my current build I use (not all sp put in since the strength is around 80 because I don't have max gear ofc). Let's say the Cleric has, oh I don't know, 10k or something hp. 25% of that is 2.5k hp. The cleric not only now has an effective 12.5k hp, but my archer is borderline effective 15k hp. Since you didn't specify what elemental damage, for now I'm going to assume it's all. In particularly because I'm rainbow, this effectively increases my damage by about 600 bombs, which is quite high when you actually think about it. Now we have chanted strength as well. For the time being, just because it has "strength" in the name, I'm going to assume you mean 25% more as if you were adding it to strength. Since the critical chance also directly correlates with dexterity, I have to increase that as well to accompany the critical chance increase. Wynndata can't even accompany for 25% in my build (as the max of a skill point you can hit is 80.8%, a.k.a 150), and increase my dex by about 12 to compensate for the 6% critical strike increase. I'm now at a whopping 12k bombs in a full morph infused hive bow build https://wynndata.tk/s/nvYzeZ. If I just bring a cleric with me, I'm basically better than even freedom at that point (unless I bring a cleric while using freedom ofc). While yes, you could argue that warrior's warscream works the same way, it does not even compare to what this can do. You could also argue that there would be a much shorter time for how long the buffs last, but every time a buff is used it resets the time for how long till it runs out (ex. you use archer leap while you're at 1 minute till it runs out and it goes back to 3 minutes), so you can just spell spam into oblivion to have said buffs. However, most of this is just speculation (and I could've easily did the math wrong, and, let's be real here, probably misinterpreted the information given here), as you didn't directly address what damage it was increasing for some of the spells. If you do that, I can look more accurately at how buffs will affect other players playing with a cleric to determine if it is broken or not.

tl;dr For some of the spells please specify what damage it actually is increasing, and depending on that this could be op.
    Now I go sleep and wake up with someone telling me I did the math wrong gn
    sorry for the wall of text though.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    mouldy likes this.
  12. LtCorgi

Minecraft:
    Thank you, you have been the most helpful when it comes to balancing. I will take everything you've said into consideration when I apply an update. I will eventually re-balance the entire kit to fix all problems the community has had. Once again thank you, for only taking the time to give your opinion but also read my suggestion.
    I wanted the Cleric to have it's pros and cons, one being a major lack of damage. They're not necessarily meant to solo nor have mobility; which is why I want their kit to be rewarding to other players. They're meant to be a true support.

TheRelicHunter likes this.
  13. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Ive seen a suggestion like this before (Book for weapon, totally support, does literally no dmg, wouldnt be able to solo jack or shit. etc.)
    The idea of it is interesting but we all know how much people look down upon forced teamwork situations at times (Bob quests, ???) And this class has no real chance of being able to beat the game alone. And as quite a few of people don't have friends, they would never be able to complete a playthru on this class. Not to mention adding all of the new items to make enough weapons for this class. (Also... Conglaturation, you found a Mythic Book!)
    I generally hate class suggestions as a whole due to wasting loads of the IM teams time to add weapons for this class, lore problems, etc.
    Aside from everything mentioned above and this being a semi-morphed mage, this suggestion is actually decent and well made, but still should never be added.

14. LtCorgi

Minecraft:
    Thank you for your input! I don't mind if it's not implemented in the game, this idea was just rattling in my brain while I've been playing so I wanted to share it.

tig likes this.
  15. ScottG2020

ScottG2020 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    its a good idea my problem with it is balancing but the spells but I like it
    also the vip should be a persist because paladins are like of clerics but if they carried heavy armor and Warhammers and fought more there called holy knights for a reason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.