1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Class Building Vocabulary

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Saya, Dec 29, 2019.

?

heavy spell?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Saya

Saya Panderift ⑨, murdering your class build dreams VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Class build terms woooo

updated 2020/2/8
    Since terms like "heavy melee" and "hybrid" are being thrown around more and more because hybrid is viable now, it's worth knowing class build terminology, I guess. Maybe.

class building lingo sucks anyway since everything is called everything

Basically @highbread's thread but no because I'm not listing archetypes
    Acronyms like ETA and TWA are element combinations

ms = mana steal
    mr = mana regen
    hpr = hp regen
    ^ READ THE GLOSSARY BEFORE YOU ASK WHAT EWA IS​

=======================================​
    melee:
    hitting things with your weapon
    technically melee attacks are coded as spells so melee is a myth but that's not important

spell:
    hitting things with spells. Usually built with high intelligence so spell costs stay low.
    int is unhealthy and should be removed from the game because one out of the five elements basically defines half of the damage types

spell spam:
    As much mr and int as possible to spam spells.

glass cannon:
    ETW builds naturally become glass cannon builds, since they're purely offensive elements.
    Alternatively, can be taken to mean building without consideration for defs/hp.

full tank:

Stacking elemental defenses and defense stat, along with hp (since those items have high hp generally). Also possibly high agi, if you go FA.
    Usually has good lifesteal as well.
    Isn't that strong in the current state of the game,. Used to be OP since elemental defenses actually mattered and could negate elemental damage completely but now they don't really matter.

regen tank:
    Abusing hp regen. Less of an archetype and more 1 build (and variations) where you go on wynndata, filter by hpr and hpr%, then slap the best looking items together

there are many more variations of tank but contrary to what people assumed I'm not listing every single build archetype

Now into the weird stuff

Tierstack:
    super slow big damage weapon + attack speed = super fast big damage weapon!!! yay!!!
    Tierstack became infamous a while back thanks to alkatraz tierstack doing big damage and now because of overdrive (which will get nerfed btw) you can do reverse tierstack because overdrive has absurd +tier to still have super fast while having a ton of raw melee.

Heavy Melee:
    Negative attack speed can only make you go down to Super Slow. So you can stack -attack speed items that give you lots of raw melee damage (blind thrust, taurus, etc) and do massive damage with powder specials. Usually earth-based (quake powder special). (ETF)
    Depends heavily on lifesteal and mana steal. Usually seen on assassin with quake powder special so you can vanish boost it.

Hybrid:
    aka True Hybrid
    Having good spell AND melee damage. Think 10k/10k. You can do hybrid with 0 int thanks to the magic of Virgo!!!!! (tierstack hybrid!!!) And obviously you can do hybrid with a lot of int too

Rainbow Slap:
    Using items like Vaward, megabyte, and Blue Mask to get the skillpoints required for an otherwise ridiculous build.
    It used to mean using items like Gravity and Morph-Stardust to patch elemental defenses back when elemental defenses mattered

Spell Steal:
    A type of hybrid.
    Often confused with it, since actual hybrid used to suck.
    Relies on mana steal for spells, which requires you to melee.
    Basically all of the damage comes from the spell part.
    Just slap Atlas and your build becomes spell steal, basically. (not actually but close enough)

Void:
    Not
    a build type. Literally means EWA.

True Hybrid (Alternating?):
    Another name for hybrid.
    Real hybrid back when people called Spell Steal hybrid.
    Often used as the "real" name for hybrid since that's how you play hybrid, alternating between spell and melee, kinda
    I called this true hybrid and people told me to call it alternating and now everyone says true wtf

Fast Hybrid
    A type of hybrid.
    This is the version with raw melee for use with... faster weapons (wowee)
    Honestly, there's no reason to remember hybrid subcategories when you can just say hybrid.

Other <speed/build type> Hybrid
    Self explanatory, replace the fast in fast hybrid with something else.

Heavy Hybrid
    Spell Steal but your melee attacks do big damage too (heavy melee x spell steal uwu)

Cancelstack/Heavy Tierstack
    Using heavy melee items (lots of -tier, lots of raw damage) with tierstack items (+tier) to tierstack with big damage. Usually requires big thinking to reach super fast attack speed. Nona and Earth Breaker do this pretty damn well.

Poison Cancelstack
    Necrosis as the tierstack part of cancelstack. Pretty OP. Should be nerfed.

Heavy Spell
    Doesn't exist, at least right now.
    Would theoretically be high +cost spell (to make it around 20 cost) paired with insanely high spell damage and maybe negative mana regen.
    The cool counterpart of heavy melee.

tl;dr: mana potions should lose the right to exist
    Also jp is a pretty great devil's advocate but also a clown
    credit to giga, xavi, by2011, and the other epic gamers in #class_builds who thought this was an archetype list and it really would be if I knew how to write well
    I have a dream that one day, on the red hills of Rymek, spell and melee will be able to sit down together at the table of being coded as spell. I have a dream that one day even #class_builds, a channel filled with degenerate tryhard memes, filled with noobs and boomers alike, will be transformed into an emerald relic of enlightenment and intelligent building.

I have a dream that my builds will one day live in a channel where they will not be judged by the damage they do but by the items they are created from. I have a dream... I have a dream that one day in Gavel, with its overpowered grindspots, with its outdated quests, with its lack of dungeons whatsoever, one day right there in Gavel spell and melee will be able to join hands with heavy melee and tierstack in harmony.

I have a dream today... I have a dream that one day every build (that isn't actually stupid like rainbow slap or ornate) will be praised, every mountain in the canyon of the lost is flattened. The barriers over the highest peaks will be removed, and the three-block holes will be filled (not that they need to be anymore). And the glory of creative builds shall be revealed, and all players will see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to #class_builds with. With this faith we will be able to create in this dark channel a single unique build. With this faith we will be able to transform the toxicity and name-calling of this community's worst into a beautiful symphony of yelling at the item team to balance <insert irrelevant item here>. With this faith we will be able to work together, grind professions together, to make fun of jptheflip together, knowing that heavy spell will exist one day.

#removemanapots #heavyspellgang

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. Druser

Druser Heavy Melee time HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wrong subforum please post this in VIP Plaza

(thanks for the guide idea though)

3. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Game Designer & Romantically Lonely. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey, that's rude, how dare you not consider that one build I made and everyone else copies an actual archetype.
    And you did it twice.

4. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please write well I can't write well

maybe when hpr becomes a better secondary focus

Druser likes this.
  5. Dondasch

Dondasch Hadal gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    very good thread, thank you

but what are your thoughts on the ornate shadow set?

Saya likes this.
  6. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    More broken than laggy wynncraft bosses.
    No 0 req item that can go in any armor slot should have that much hp, defenses, and raw melee/spell.
    It basically promotes degenerate building
    the worst thing since rainbow slap, at least most rainbow slap items have reqs
    and vaward isn't even close to as powerful

uh it's a bit strong, I guess

Coragon42 and Dondasch like this.
  7. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    very cool thread and how does panderift fit into all of this? heavy spell?

TrapinchO, hppeng and Saya like this.
  8. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    spell spam glass cannon negative spell steal pseudo-tank without most of the damage

by2011 likes this.
  9. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Warrior still suffers from only going 3 blocks high, if there is no lag. With a bit of lag you go up to 1.5 blocks. With insane lag you go up to 20 blocks.

KiliE2001, TrapinchO and Saya like this.
  10. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just get idol smh

11. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    even the lobby pressure plates in lag, a full stack of those can send you flying

TrapinchO likes this.
  12. :wynnic_e:

:wynnic_e: I loathe Virgos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Red Pill
    Blue Pill

Bowajility and Saya like this.
  13. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Those builds really do reflect their themes though, red is violent, glassy, and is much more destructive than the tanky blue that hits like a red noodle

14. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    define rainbow slap
    ive never heard anyone use the term "true tank" it's usually full-tank and your definition doesnt mention agi and life steal isnt on the thread at all

Druser likes this.
  15. Dream

Dream Starfish Supplier HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now this,

This is a quality thread

Saya likes this.
  16. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :(

It really isn't but thanks

17. Bowajility

Bowajility Insert cheesy custom title here!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just realized that they could add a pretty sick ID to help balance melee builds. Main attack (spell #0) cost zero Mana, but we could get the ID of main attack cost: -1 means it would give 1 Mana every hit, and +1 means it would take 1 Mana from your bar every hit.

Endercomet likes this.
  18. highbread

highbread the earth thunder water man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you should probably add something about "sustain" as well

life steal and health regen--or in the case of mage and shaman, possibly mana regen, water damage, and mana steal--can be classified as "sustain", the ability to survive over time

sustain is basically necessary for tanks, as it gives them the ability to recover and keep going even after taking lots of damage
    giving sustain to a glass cannon puts it in a grey area that i like to call "semi-glass cannon", as the risk of being one shot still exists, but as long as he enemy can't do too much damage per second, recovery is still easily possible.

Druser, Saya and Bowajility like this.
  19. Bowajility

Bowajility Insert cheesy custom title here!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But I thought Mana steal only affects spells?

20. highbread

highbread the earth thunder water man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mana steal only activates upon melee attacks

TrapinchO and Bowajility like this.