1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

City Of The Clouds (rp) 4/4 Players

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Tezzeret, Aug 13, 2017.

?

Should I do more RPs?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    This is a low-magic RP with some early and steampunk technology, like muskets and cardboard, so pay attention to that. Also, the storyline will be determined by the players. Anyway, the information you need.

General Rules:
    Don't godmod or metagame.
    Try to stay active.
    Be considerate of other players.
    The phrase "pineapple pizza" must be in your character sheet, so I know you read the rules.

Gameplay Rules:
    Tasks to do things where there's both a meaningful chance of success and a meaningful chance of failure are done by generating a random number and adding the corresponding stat, and trying to be equal to or better than a predetermined number chosen by me.

Your Life is your Toughness times 10. Being injured, doing hard work, and being tired makes you lose Life. Life can be regained by sleeping, eating, or using special items.

Attacks are calculated by generating a random number from 1 to 10 and adding your Strength, Agility, or Intelligence, depending on the weapon. The target will also generate a random number from 1 to 10 and add their Agility, and if the attacker gets equal to or better than the defender, than the attack hits and deals an amount of damage based on what I say.

Darkness is a meter of how corrupted you are. Your maximum Darkness is equal to your Corruption. Being struck with especially powerful corruption or spending a lot of time near lots of corruption will add a Darkness point to you. Characters at maximum Darkness will be corrupted, unless a racial feature or something else allows them to prevent it.

All stats have a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 8.

Many years ago, the realm of Gavayn was a prosperous and peaceful kingdom. It was inhabited by all manner of races, and they lived in relative harmony together. But one day, 10 years ago, the realm came under attack by the Goblins, a horde of demonic beasts, from the sky. The Goblins sank much of the realm below the earth, into an endless sky, until only the castle city of Banatuto remained. Now, with most of the races corrupted by the Goblins, the remaining races living in Banatuto remain scared of the ever-present threat of the Goblins' attacks on the walled city, and a brave few known as adventurers travel out from the city onto the floating islands to try to gather supplies and weaken the Goblin hordes.

The Goblins are a horde of demonic creatures that attacked Gavayn. They come in infinite varieties, but they can be classified into several types:
    Imps:
    These, the most plentiful and weakest type of Goblins, are common. They aren't sentient, but they appear in large packs, so even a powerful warrior can be overwhelmed and corrupted or killed by a horde of Imps.
    Wyrms:
    So-called shock troopers of Goblins, Wyrms are more powerful and larger than Imps, and seem to be able to command their Imp brethren. A Wyrm may lead a group of Imps, or act as an elite soldier in a larger force.
    Devils:
    Devils are similar to Wyrms, but they seem to be sentient, although dumb and cruel, and are able to act as the brains of a smaller Goblin group. Devils tend to be in charge of Imps, and sometimes even a Wyrm or two.
    Elders:
    Elders are powerful, arcane creatures that are intelligent, evil, and very powerful. They tend to act as Goblin generals, leading groups of Imps or squads of Wyrms, and have almost never been defeated.

There are more types of goblins than these, but nobody has seen them and come back alive...

Human:
    Humans are, well, humans. They're more tenacious, long-living, and agile then other races, due to their slim yet powerful build. However, they are easy to corrupt, and most humans have fallen at least partially to the Goblins' corruption.
    Stats:
    +1 Toughness
    +1 Agility
    -1 Corruption
    Mutative: When at maximum Darkness, can attempt via Toughness to become a Mutated Human and remove all Darkness instead of being corrupted.
    Creative: Humans are better at coming up with creative solutions to problems.

Mutants:
    Many humans have fallen to the corruption of the Goblins, but some were able to harness that power for their own instead of being consumed by it. Those humans are known as Mutants, and have warped bodies, but are very strong and can tap into the darkness for power and knowledge.
    Stats:
    +1 Strength
    +1 Corruption
    -2 Charisma
    Corrupted Wrath: Can lose 5 Life to gain +3 Strength, +1 Agility, +3 Toughness for 1 minute once every 8 hours.
    Dark Learning: Can lose 5 Life to learn a piece of information about a topic of their choice once every 8 hours.

Nalgaar:
    Naalgaari are a race of tall, muscled humanoids with blue skin, bird-like talons, and a thick shell. They have tribal societies, and tend to keep to themselves, but one able to befriend a Nalgaar will find a long-lasting ally.
    Stats:
    +1 Strength
    +1 Toughness
    -1 Agility
    Shell Shield: Can stop any attack from depleting life for 1 minute once every 8 hours.
    Talons: Can easily break large objects or thick surfaces.

Ethidian:
    Ethidians are short, winged creatures that look like large flies, except that they have arms and toxic fangs. They are a rather mercantile and social race, and banded together with the Humans and Nalgaari to try to survive the threats to the world.
    Stats:
    +1 Agility
    +1 Charisma
    -1 Strength
    Flight: Can glide around, and cannot be harmed by falling.
    Toxins: You can emit a toxin that knocks people unconscious for 1 minute if they fail an attempt with Toughness against your attempt of Agility once every 8 hours.

Other races exist, but they have been corrupted by or are the Goblins, and are not suitable for play.

Character Name: (whatever you want, really)
    Race: (pick from the 4 above)
    Backstory: (must fit the lore)
    Appearance:
    Life: (see Rules)
    Darkness: (see Rules)
    Stats: (You have 24 points that you can spread among your stats, minimum of 1 in each stat)
    The average person has 3 in each stat, without racial effects, but you're better than that.
    Strength: (physical power)
    Agility: (dexterity and ability to move quickly)
    Toughness: (resilience)
    Intelligence: (figuring out stuff and learning)
    Charisma: (social ability, appearance, and skill at talking)
    Corruption: (ability to resist the corruption of the Goblins)
    Character Ability 1: (something your character is good at)
    Character Ability 2: (something your character is good at)
    Character Ability 3: (something your character is good at)
    Equipment: (not much)
    Extra Notes: (extra information)

Pineapple pizza is the absolute worst an I have no idea why you would eat that to be honest. Anyway.

Character Name: Illia Reyne

Race: Human

Backstory: Illia was a woodsman's daughter before most of the woods became a distant memory. Her father was soon unemployed, and she was forced to become a courier to put any bread at all on the table. She has always longed, however, to go out and become to legend she's always dreamed of being. A tad bit reckless.

Appearance: Looks around sixteen, though no one's counting anymore. Dark brown hair, olive skin, and eyes that look black. (Mediterranean/Italian looking for a visual) Slim build for more running and climbing than taking hits. Roughly 5'8.

Life: 40

Darkness: 1

Stats:

Strength: 5
    Agility: 8
    Toughness: 4
    Intelligence: 1 (dumb blond reversed)
    Charisma: 6
    Corruption: 2
    Character Ability 1: Archery
    Character Ability 2: Sneaking
    Character Ability 3: Climbing
    Equipment: A bow and a pair of hunting knives passed down by her father.
    Extra Notes: Start me at the southern edge plox.
    Character Name: Ro'tek Shellraiser

Race: Nalgaari

Backstory: Ro'tek was a soldier when the goblins first landed in Gavayn, and he still has the scars to show it. When he was driven into the capital city with everyone else, he became a blacksmith and began to forge weapons, saving his best creations until he was ready to go out and take back him homeland from the goblins.

Appearance: Regular Nalgaari, but he has long scars along his face and shell. Taller than most Nalgaari, but a more stocky build. About 35 in human years. Slight points along the edge of his shell that are higher than the rest.

Life: 60/70

Darkness: 4

Stats:

Strength: 7
    Agility: 2
    Toughness: 7
    Intelligence: 3
    Charisma: 2
    Corruption: 4
    Character Ability 1: Swordsmanship
    Character Ability 2: Unarmed
    Character Ability 3: Smithing
    Equipment: His best sword, an iron blade named 'Farengar'
    Extra Notes: Starts near the centre of town, because of the location of his shop.

oh yeah also pineapple pizza
    Character Name: Layron Sedred

pineapple pizza:Not very tasty

Backstory:Layron grew up in a village a 5 day walk from Banatuto and lived with his mother, father and his younger sister his mother was a farmer and father a guard for the village. Layron looked up to his father and wanted to be a guard when older learing basic defense and attacking form his father. The day the goblins struck Layron was patroling the village with his father when they heard screams from the village they rushed to see what was happaning they saw imps attacking and killing civilians they helped as many as they could but his mother didnt make it. 3 days later hiding a cave with some survivros they noticed some were mutating in god knows what. Layron had to make a hard choice of killing the mutats icluding his sister,and cutting his fathers left arm off after a month the finally made it to Banatuto. After that Layron started training and creating his own combat style with the help of his father he learnt how to figth with two swords and became a guard of Banatuto to protetc the city and his father.

Appearance: Looking about 26 years old an avrage sized man with black hair with a scar on his back that he got in the goblin attack. Hes also not very trusting of others so they have to earn his trust a

Life: 29/30
    Darkness: 3

Stats:

Strength:4
    Agility:8
    Toughness:3
    Intelligence:5
    Charisma:1
    Corruption:3
    Character Ability 1: Dual wielding
    Character Ability 2: survival skills
    Character Ability 3: stealth
    Equipment:2 sword one he got from his father the other is his(the kind of swords that use agi),armor that guards get

Extra Notes:At first not very trusting sombody needs to ears his trust, also enyojs drinks
    Character name: Esteldeth
    Race: Ethidian
    Backstory: Esteldeth grew up in a hive of Ethidians in which she was advisor to the Queen, and had attained great wisdom. The hive was struck particularly hard by the first arrival of the goblins, killing most of its inhabitants and forcing Esteldeth and a few younger Ethidians into hiding in their once home, scavenging for food. She was out collecting berries when the hive collapsed into the void below, like so much of the world, leaving her forced to travel to Banatuto with only a pineapple pizza for company, where she spent recovered somewhat from her years in hiding and has attained the strength to join the fight against the goblins.
    Appearance- Wrinkled and slightly scarred, with a wizened face and a large stitch across her left wing. Green in colour.
    Life- 10
    Darkness- 3
    Strength- 2 (1)
    Agility- 4 (5)
    Toughness- 1
    Intelligence- 8
    Charisma- 6 (7)
    Corruption- 3
    Ability 1 - Languages (Esteldeth is fluent in several languages, including some ancient and corrupted ones)
    Ability 2 - Persuasion (She is persuasive, 'nough said. From being a queen's advisor, I guess.)
    Ability 3 - Judge of character (Very good at discerning personalities)
    Equipment - A small knife and a rapier.
    Other notes - I may have shot myself in the foot a bit by making her so physically weak... anyway, the stats are without race bonuses, with effective stats in brackets.

Extra Game Notes:
    You may choose whether you want to start at the Commons in the center of Banatuto or the keep at the southern edge of Banatuto.
    I will not provide a map of Banatuto, so you'll have to make your own or go without one.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    NinjaWizard likes this.
  2. Eirika & Ephraim

Eirika & Ephraim Gone Fishing

Points for uniqueness. Though I feel everyone is going to go either human or mutant tbh.

Pineapple pizza is the absolute worst an I have no idea why you would eat that to be honest. Anyway.

Character Name: Illia Reyne

Backstory: Illia was a woodsman's daughter before most of the woods became a distant memory. Her father was soon unemployed, and she was forced to become a courier to put any bread at all on the table. She has always longed, however, to go out and become to legend she's always dreamed of being. A tad bit reckless.

Appearance: Looks around sixteen, though no one's counting anymore. Dark brown hair, olive skin, and eyes that look black. (Mediterranean/Italian looking for a visual) Slim build for more running and climbing than taking hits. Roughly 5'8.

Life: 8

Darkness: 1

Stats:

Strength: 5
    Agility: 7
    Toughness: 3
    Intelligence: 1 (dumb blond reversed)
    Charisma: 6
    Corruption: 2
    Character Ability 1: Archery
    Character Ability 2: Sneaking
    Character Ability 3: Climbing
    Equipment: A bow and a pair of hunting knives passed down by her father.
    Extra Notes: Start me at the southern edge plox.

3. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a cool varied RP, so I'll give it a shot.

Character Name: Ro'tek Shellraiser

Race: Nalgaari

Backstory: Ro'tek was a soldier when the goblins first landed in Gavayn, and he still has the scars to show it. When he was driven into the capital city with everyone else, he became a blacksmith and began to forge weapons, saving his best creations until he was ready to go out and take back him homeland from the goblins.

Appearance: Regular Nalgaari, but he has long scars along his face and shell. Taller than most Nalgaari, but a more stocky build. About 35 in human years. Slight points along the edge of his shell that are higher than the rest.

Life: (see Rules)

Stats:

Strength: 6
    Agility: 3
    Toughness: 6
    Intelligence: 3
    Charisma: 2
    Corruption: 4
    Character Ability 1: Swordsmanship
    Character Ability 2: Unarmed
    Character Ability 3: Smithing
    Equipment: His best sword, an iron blade named 'Farengar'
    Extra Notes: Starts near the centre of town, because of the location of his shop.

oh yeah also pineapple pizza

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Your life should be 40. Other than that, looks good. Also, I don't like pineapple pizza either, but it's a unique phrase that would make it obvious you read the rules.
    Life should be 70, and Darkness should be 4. Other than that, it's fine. I did try to make this different from the standard Wynn RP, such as the inclusion of the Nalgaari and Ethidians and the setting.

Illia Reyne
    You stand at the small tower at the southern edge of Banatuto. Out beyond it, you can see Goblins, floating islands, and whatever scraps of life remain on them. The tower itself is hard, ancient stone, although it has began to crumble, and the city behind you does not seem to show much life. Out on one of the islands, you spot a small watchtower.
    A: Free Action

Ro'tek Shellraiser
    You stand at the center of Banatuto's Commons, near a dried-up fountain. To the northwest is an abandoned house, its roof beginning to cave in entirely. To the northeast is a small shop, now occupied by a mushroom farmer. To the southwest is a road leading to a small square, and to the southeast is an inn turned into a crude barracks. Your blacksmith's shop is to the northwest, along the western road.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. Eirika & Ephraim

I would attempt to get a better view directly in front of me- are there enough footholds in the tower to climb down safely?

6. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Illia Reyne
    The tower is rather smooth, but it still looks climbable.

7. Eirika & Ephraim

I would then carefully begin to step my way down the tower, toward the outside world.

8. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Illia Reyne
    Rolling for Agility...
    Rolled 11 + 8 Agility = 19
    You make it down the tower easily. The ground extends out a bit farther from the tower's wall, and a floating island is nearby enough to jump. That island has two trees and a rotted, corrupted stump on it.

9. Eirika & Ephraim

I would attempt to jump onto the nearby island.

10. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    You jump over to the small island. It's covered with dead and dying grass, as well as two trees and a rotting corrupted stump. Another island is lower in the sky than this one, and smaller, but the corner of a collapsed building is there. The old watchtower is still a decent away away.

11. Eirika & Ephraim

I continue on, moving to jump towards the smaller island.

12. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    You land on the island, and the island shakes for a moment...
    A Goblin bursts out of the ruins! This one is a gigantic maw with three tentacles pulling it around. It looks at you and roars.
    A. Attack the Goblin
    B. Flee
    C. Free Action

13. Eirika & Ephraim

A. I hold my ground at the edge of the island I assume I landed on, and would attempt to shoot the thing with my bow.

14. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    As you're close to the Goblin, you can use Agility to attack.
    Attack Roll: 1 + 8 Agility = 9
    Goblin's Defense Roll: 7 + 1 Agility = 8
    The goblin attempts to move out of the way, but you plant a shot of your bow into its flesh. The Goblin screeches and charges at you, attempting to bite you.
    Goblin's Attack Roll: 1 + 4 Strength = 5
    Defense Roll: 7 + 8 Agility = 15
    You easily dodge the goblin's biting attack.

A: Attack the Goblin
    B: Flee
    C: Free Action

15. Eirika & Ephraim

A. I drop the bow and attempt to slash at it with my hunting knives.

16. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    For this, you can use Agility.
    Attack Roll: 2 + 8 Agility = 10
    Goblin's Defense Roll: 9 + 1 Agility = 10
    You slash the Goblin. It collapses and disintegrates into a pile of dust, that then blows away. You are once again alone on the floating island.
    A. Free Action

17. Eirika & Ephraim

A. I look around the island to see if there's anything else on it, or another place to jump to.

18. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Inside the ruins, you find...
    Cardboard Box x1
    Dead Spider x1
    Bit of Dust x1
    Loose Pebble x4

You see another, longer island that reaches near the watchtower, but what appears to be a large hound is standing on the middle, and the edge you can reach appears to be crumbly. You see a piece of wood on the island, as well as a torn bag.

A. Examine the Ruins Loot
    B. Jump to the Long Island
    C. Free Action

19. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This seems cool i want to join plz

Character Name: Layron Sedred

pineapple pizza:Not very tasty

Backstory:Layron grew up in a village a 5 day walk from Banatuto and lived with his mother, father and his younger sister his mother was a farmer and father a guard for the village. Layron looked up to his father and wanted to be a guard when older learing basic defense and attacking form his father. The day the goblins struck Layron was patroling the village with his father when they heard screams from the village they rushed to see what was happaning they saw imps attacking and killing civilians they helped as many as they could but his mother didnt make it. 3 days later hiding a cave with some survivros they noticed some were mutating in god knows what. Layron had to make a hard choice of killing the mutats icluding his sister,and cutting his fathers left arm off after a month the finally made it to Banatuto. After that Layron started training and creating his own combat style with the help of his father he learnt how to figth with two swords and became a guard of Banatuto to protetc the city and his father.

Appearance: Looking about 26 years old an avrage sized man with black hair with a scar on his back that he got in the goblin attack. Hes also not very trusting of others so they have to earn his trust a

Life: 30

Stats:

Strength:4
    Agility:8
    Toughness:3
    Intelligence:5
    Charisma:1
    Corruption:3
    Character Ability 1: Dual wielding(to make this fair i think when i attack with both of my wepons i deal 1.5 of my damage but the enemy get 1 or 2 + to their agi)
    Character Ability 2: survival skills
    Character Ability 3: stealth
    Equipment:2 sword one he got from his father the other is his(the kind of swords that use agi),armor that guards get

Extra Notes:At first not very trusting sombody needs to ears his trust, also enyojs drinks

If i can i would like to start in a bar/tavern

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  20. Eirika & Ephraim

A I examine the ruins loot (specifically aiming at the cardboard box)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.