1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Cinfras Got Changed

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReneCZ, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Do you Like the new Cinfras more then the old one?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    46.5%
  2. I liked the middle one

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. I like the 1.20 one more

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. I liked the slabby mess pre 1.20 one more

18 vote(s)
    25.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fey

fey *places pixels on you* CT Manager Modeler ✎ Artist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mega onion ring i approve

2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tbh I prefer the green center of Cinfras because imo, the colors merge more nicely together (though it could just be 1.19 Cinfras nostalgia). The brick paths are also kinda off-putting compared to the dark gray paths (though again, probably nostalgia reasons). However, these shadow changes don't kill the city for me, and it still is one of my top 5 cities.

3. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    If the build team is rebuilding Cinfras to look less dark cramped and old, it pretty clearly isn’t meant to be that way

Modern Detlas was built as a central city with the help of the villagers, so it actually makes some sense that they look similar

also im very glad the lamppost got scrapped. it didn't even match the rest of the lamps in cinfras

cmosier and Sg_Voltage like this.
  4. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thats what i said - detlas wasnt demolished completely after the villagers arrived so

5. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    old detlas was demolished completely by the corrupted before the villagers arrived, then new detlas was built where it was, with the help of the villagers

Sg_Voltage and MineMasterRC like this.
  6. mrcraftyketchup

mrcraftyketchup Meleeing Enthusiast HERO

Minecraft:
    Not a fan personally, I prefered the old one better but oh well, not that my opinion would change much now

7. MineMasterRC

MineMasterRC Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    to all new new (new) cinfras enjoyers,
    please explain why the new path is better
    sure, old path may not have blended well with rest of cinfras but the new brick path is even MORE of an eyesore
    also why tf are there random brownish blocks instead of bricks
    wait a minute......
    NEW CINFRAS PATH IS JUST CORKUS CITY ROOF ctrl+c ctr+v'd

8. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    oH mY gOd ItS sImIlAr BlOcKs To CoRkUs FiRe ThE bUiLd TeAm NoW

MineMasterRC, Bwitty03 and Sg_Voltage like this.
  9. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i personally think it looks quite nice, it contrasts a lot with the buildings but it's in a way that makes the town look more vibrant rather than ugly

10. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Well, Cinfras being the new Corkus is a whole lot better than it being the new Eldritch Outlook so that's already a favorable comparison.

As for why the paths are objectively better, it comes down to two parts, the shade and the texture. Having dark paths next to dark buildings blurs the line between path and wall which makes the roads feel smaller. Just by being light, regardless of the color or texture, it solves the biggest issue Cinfras had which was claustrophobic roads. That's not me saying that either, that's the reason why Bob made the changes to the roads in the first place because the claustrophobic and closed off feeling of the previous build was without doubt the most common complaint aside from the roofs.

For the bricks specifically, Cinfras isn't a modern day industrial city, flat gray roads which look like pavement make zero sense, they didn't fit in with the paths leading into the city and they didn't look good. Bricks not only make sense for the theme, era and style but they also contrast the rest of the city nicely, lighten everything up and make the city extremely unique. Cinfras never had an identity but it was always super bright, the rebuild removed that brightness and the newest version brought it back. The texture pack is also extremely limited, if they want to use a brick texture, there are really only three choices, if they could make any texture they wanted I think darkening the red a little bit might have been good but they went with the best choice they have.

The dirt also makes a ton of sense because these roads are extremely worn. Cinfras is an old city, roads get dirty. It also just adds some texture and variety, it would look awful if there wasn't mixing up of blocks.

Finally, what I want to understand is why Cinfras shouldn't be compared to Corkus when Cinfras has always been a weirdly steampunk city in terms of its features. It's the home of the largest airbase we know of and airships are a staple of steampunk. I'm not saying it would make sense for Cinfras to look exactly like Corkus but it's super odd that people would suggest that they shouldn't have any common elements when they probably should.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  11. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    Some builder is gonna slowly read through all these posts and slowly break down

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  12. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I really hope not :(

ThedumbOX and MineMasterRC like this.
  13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This is the reason why builders don’t usually act on feedback so quickly; otherwise they risk starting a civil war on the forums lol

starx280 and Sg_Voltage like this.
  14. Typhoon

Typhoon geometry dasher VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really want to know what happened so badly that this became such a large concern to where two long threads with only nitpicking spawned out of it

15. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    That's fair, though at the same time I don't think builders should be taking criticism of their work personally. From my perspective, I know I can come off as an overly critical asshat sometimes but I really don't mean to offend, I don't think or at least really hope nobody here does either.

That said, I also don't think that's the only reason for not acting quickly, a lot of the time people get really loud after any change so it's really hard to sift out the real issues from the not so real ones. It's probably for the best that reactionary comments don't immediately lead to reworks or else the forums would literally just be people complaining.
    What threads are you talking about? This thread is just showing off the major changes, my thread is extremely positive and beyond those there hasn't been a lot of other discussion. The only other thread I can think of was the original thread before the changes which is where basically all the nitpicking took place.

Dr Zed likes this.
  16. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I just feel bad for the builders and I guess the CT in general bc you can never make everyone happy. Not to excuse them from improving per se, but just wouldn’t want to deal with that while trying to just do your duty, ya know?

I’ve seen it b4. They added more discoveries than any other update in 1.20 and revamped most of Gavel and yet people in General Suggestions still want a Gavel lore revamp. Including adding back Nagareth (for some reason). Like I get it it’s not perfect, but most of Gavel was practically untouched since it’s release except for Dwarves and Doguns, and literally right after the CT update Gavel they want the CT to do it again lol.

cmosier and Sg_Voltage like this.
  17. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Bitching and arguing for hours about a build in a block game? Sounds fun, I'm in!

My opinions - It's better than anything I can build so A++ anyone who doesn't agree with me is a meanie.

Thomka, MineMasterRC, Skylaar and 7 others like this.
  18. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    I disagree . Meet me outside after school behind the science classrooms

Thomka, Fox, Shots and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.