Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Champion Rank Has Ruined Proffing (and Bomb Parties In General)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by TaintedL1on, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Hopefully, just hopefully

trex1611 likes this.
  2. LiteralSatan

LiteralSatan The Disco Charity accepts all contributions CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Kind of an aside, but I really used to admire how much wynn's system allowed for profit without the game really getting pay2win in most aspects. Unfortunately Champion borked that a lot, but at least it only mostly impacts later-level players. As badly implemented as this was, I do think it could have been a whole lot worse (but that's not to say this implementation was good in any way, just that it didn't fuck over the entire server).

BlahBlah7137 and PikaPrince like this.
  3. TaintedL1on

TaintedL1on Remove Champion bomb bell CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Managed to squeeze my way into a prof world earlier.

No problems here.

None at all.

Balanced rank. 2021-02-19_01.10.12.png

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin High king of the Noldor

Minecraft:
    bro what on earth , holy shomkes thats alot of yellow nons

5. chryssie

chryssie ultimate cur hater CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "yellow nons"

Fingolfin likes this.
  6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    It happened before DXP Weekend, too

7. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this one is worse

Attached Files:

8. YoshisWorld

YoshisWorld Famous Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont understand why you all are so upset about the champion rank features. They got announced a long time ago...

9. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    so?

Does time make a bad feature better?

10. YoshisWorld

YoshisWorld Famous Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would say the features are good

11. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Well, this is another thing that you talked about.
    You said why are we angry when it was announced a long time ago.
    I will repeat my question. Does time make bad features better?

And to reply on your message: And we do not think it. But those are just opinions, yours or ours.

Uniimog, JohanLTU, H0Y and 5 others like this.
  12. Arkade

Arkade Who am I? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    There is denying that champion slots ( which in my opinion are the most flawed part of champion ) are overpowered. Removing Bomb Bell entirely wouldn't be right since a lot of people propably bought the rank with idea of bomb bell behind. Since refunds aren't a thing removing any rank related feature is unfair money-wise and extremist. The solution I would seek is actually fixing how champion slots work. Right now 18/5 champ slots can happen making force-joining worlds for champs instantaneous and leaving everyone else in dust. Bomb Bell Timer > 1 min is also an option that would make total sense yet still I believe slots are the main flaw in current champ system.

13. TMoney1909

TMoney1909 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The bomb bell is not the problem, the champion slots are, when the champ slots are full there are no chance of you catching a space when someone leaves, they either need to be rethought or removed.

coolname2034 and TrapinchO like this.
  14. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    I wasn't around when Champion rank benefits were announced, but if what @Prie said is true it would imply there was people who did point out that the bomb bell wasn't a great idea from the get-go.

I do also find it hypocritical that Wynn would say to Wynntils devs to not put a bomb tracker as it would "provide an unfair advantage to some players" but then put this same feature behind a pay wall. I understand that money needs to be made to keep the server afloat, but to say to one person not to do this cause its "unfair" but immediately do the same thing but behind a paywall seems a tad bit dishonest to me.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    H0Y, Prie, DarkraiNightmare and 3 others like this.
  15. brixt01

brixt01 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’m not sure how many times I can reiterate this. The problem isn’t the perks that champion gets, it’s purely how champion slots work. They haven’t just made it so that champions can join full worlds, they’ve also made it so that non-champions will now never have a chance to join said world without 5+ people leaving, clearly making it harder for those without the rank.

It’s not that people without the rank “need” the bombs, it’s more the fact that they have made it even harder to be able to get onto those worlds which is probably why people are so annoyed.

16. TaintedL1on

TaintedL1on Remove Champion bomb bell CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    They were announced and people complained about them in the hero beta, and they went and released it anyway.

Also now I'm more aware of the way slots work being more problematic than the bell.

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  17. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As far as I am aware of, because I do not know everything, nor do I claim to, so I might very well be wrong here. As someone who paid for the "CHAMPION" rank, I've entered into an agreement and contract with Wynncraft to receive the rank and all of it's marketed feautures. Meaning if Wynncraft were to remove those features, that have been specifically marketed for before purchase on their store website, it would mean that the product I bought and paid for is faulty.

Basically since the terms of service doesn't give them the right to change products, all who paid for the rank could have the possibility of holding Wynncraft liable for either the faulty product, or falsely advertising the rank etc. Basically legal action for changing a product that was marketed and thus kinda "promised" to be in one way.

So changing the feautures of the rank, in a negative/removing manner could provide some legal issues. However that's just my assessment, I might very well be wrong considering I'm not familiar with US trade laws, just European ones (However in the US you can basically sue anyone for anything (you can file a lawsuit, but that doesnt mean you'll win), so the possibility is there).

//Olinus

18. PikaPrince

PikaPrince Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't have a problem with the bomb bell but the fact they put it behind the paywall kind of makes it p2w, if they fixed the champion slots, and/or allow wynntills to add the bomb bell feature there wouldn't be a problem

19. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    So, to sum it up:
    "Make it worse and my lawyer will contact you. Too late for anything"

Then I feel like I must ask: How did it come to this point in the first place?

20. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    Give new champion features (like 2-3) and remove champion slots. I don’t care how busted the features are so long as they don’t negatively impact other players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.