Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Champion Rank Has Ruined Proffing (and Bomb Parties In General)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by TaintedL1on, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedL1on

TaintedL1on Remove Champion bomb bell CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Proffing past lvl. 80 is extremely grindy, as anyone who has done it, or is doing it, knows. The addition of Gathering XP armour/accessories have made the grind a little less tedious, I will admit, but it's still very slow without bombs. Before 1.20 you could join prof parties, or lurk in the Bomb Tracker Discord, and hop into a world where bombs are happening.

Not anymore, with the addition of the funny yellow rank!

Good luck trying to get into prof worlds (or Dungeon bomb worlds, if you're into Forgery Chest running or just trying to get levels) you found on the Tracker Discord when all the Champion players already got the alert on their bomb bell and have already flooded the lobby.

The combination of bomb bell + reserved slots + /switch (yes I know /switch isn't Champion-exclusive) is a grotesquely overpowered combo that almost forces you to buy Champion so you can get into a prof world, or buy the bombs yourself. After all, what's the point of having dedicated bomb parties when you can just buy Champion and hop into a bomb world whenever you damn well please?

And yes, I know that there's a random delay with the bomb ping, but that doesn't change the fact that the very existence of the bomb bell gives Champion players an insane advantage.

It's also ironic that Wynntils were told specifically that they were not allowed to add a bomb tracker because it would give Wynntils users a "game progression advantage" (see below), but yet apparently that's okay when it's locked behind a paywall?

[​IMG]

Removing the Champion bomb bell would go a long way to solving these problems. Make them sit in the tracker discord like the rest of us, or plan bomb parties.

EDIT: Okay, after reading some of the replies, it's clear to me that the way champion slots work is more problematic than the bomb bell, but I'm still not a fan of the bomb bell and the hypocrisy shown by the staff in not allowing Wynntils to have a bomb tracker.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  2. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    Bomb bell and /switch are only quality of life improvements compared to the incredible benefit of champion slots.
    Players in champion slots flowing into normal player slots is the reason there's never any place for non-champions in (prof) bombed servers.

3. chryssie

chryssie ultimate cur hater CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the way reserved slots work is stupid. champions shouldnt take up a normal slot whenever said normal slot leaves, 5 champions should always take up the 5 champ slots and not be moved into the non-champ slots. bomb bell is fine imo but combined with the reserved slots makes spamming into a world downright impossible with worlds with a lot of traffic

4. Shortsightedness

Shortsightedness Somehow the IGN doesn't change on forums VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lets play a game: Find server 81! (This ss was taken during dxp weekend I have it for some reason) Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 9.40.37 PM.png
    Found it? Yeah thats the benefit of /switch

Champion slots are simply broken because of how it works. For a non-champion to get into a full world (45/45), they have to wait for 5 people to leave AND without any new champion ranks joining because of how champion gets filtered down into normal slots, instead of them filtering up. This makes it impossible for nons to get into any bomb parties because new champion rank people will be constantly getting in (assuming there is no breaks in between), and not to mention the slot bug that allows more champion to get into the world than supposed to. To put it simply, champion slots are badly designed because champion rank filter down into normal slots, only freeing up champion slots when someone leave.

alproy, Dr Zed, Melkor and 13 others like this.
  5. brixt01

brixt01 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I don’t see how they ever thought that this would work out. I don’t mind champions having a bomb bell or the /switch command or any other perks, but the way that champion slots work just doesn’t work out well for those without the rank.

They haven’t only made it easier for champions to join worlds with bombs, but they’ve actively made it harder for those without champion.

6. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Also they lowered non-rank slot count

7. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    Bomb Parties ruined Professions

Pifg, Thega and ThedumbOX like this.
  8. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    ok this is just dumb

9. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a temporary change, they will be back soon to 50/55 later on

10. Mrussell75

Mrussell75 Full-time Wynner CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    idk, seems fine to me

Greedus, ExertKarma and Bliss like this.
  11. Flame_Frost_

Flame_Frost_ Community Person HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I knew this would be a problem from the start. Basically, if you want to get into a prof world and the world is 45/40 and you don't have champion, you're not getting into it anytime soon. This especially hit hard during dxp weekend. I eventually just quit trying to join prof worlds and did lootrunning the rest of the weekend. This, combined with the bomb bell, creates one serious problem for anyone without Champion trying to join prof worlds (or any world with a bomb for that matter).

12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin High king of the Noldor

Minecraft:
    yeah some guy used a bomb and then a tsunami of champions started coming and started stealing his mobs , which i think is scummy

gigi2oo2, Sg_Voltage and starx280 like this.
  13. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Then why did they changed it in the first place...

14. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    100% to everything being said on here. At this point, the only way I managed to get into prof parties during dxp was by having champion friends who told me worlds, and even then it was a complete toss up.

gigi2oo2, Sar, Sg_Voltage and 2 others like this.
  15. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the new player wave most likely, still a weird choice

TrapinchO likes this.
  16. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Why? We have new players so we should give them less oppoturnities to join a world? That is really weird.

I suspect it was a business move for the DXP weekend so we have more incentive to buy champion. But I really hope I am wrong

scorpionwiz likes this.
  17. MerchDownBelow

MerchDownBelow Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard from a business standpoint

18. TaintedL1on

TaintedL1on Remove Champion bomb bell CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You're a Champion player, of course it's going to seem fine to you.

Pifg, gigi2oo2, trex1611 and 12 others like this.
  19. Fingolfin

Fingolfin High king of the Noldor

Minecraft:
    exactly

20. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Almost like lag is a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.