Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Buyable Houses

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by sinnochi, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Should we be able to purchase houses?

1. Yes

21.2%
  2. No

69.2%
  3. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinnochi

sinnochi Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, early on, I asked a couple players, "Hey, can you buy a house?" They said no, sadly, that you can only buy a horse as a property piece, so I thought, why not make a separate town for houses? Or in every town, there could be some sort of Guild hall. I don't know. Something.

Buying a House
    Say a player wants to buy a house. They must be at least level 30. In each city, there would be a Realtor NPC. They would talk to the Realtor, and he/she would tell them if there were houses available. If there were, the player would pay X amount of emeralds, be it E, EB, or LE. I'm not sure what a fair price would be. They would pay the selling price, and would be given a key that would be named, "[City Name] House Key." Say you bought a house in Ragni, it would be named, "Ragni House Key." When they would hold the key within the city where you have a house, a trail of emerald particles would guide you there. You will be unable to have more than one house.

Renting Houses
    Additionally, players would have the option to rent out their houses to players who can't afford them. They wold pay whatever they both agreed on for X amount of time. They player cannot pay the price for the rent, they get kicked out.*

Selling Houses
    If a player no longer wants a house, say they want a house in another city, they have the option to go to the town's Realtor NPC and they could sell the house to him for X amount. The house would become available for selling again, and the previous owner would lose the key.

Guild Halls
    Each Guild would automatically get a key when they create a guild, and this would be called "[Guild Name] Hall Key." This would be in whatever city a house is available. If there is a house available, they would get the key and it would be a shared house for the entire Guild.

Decoration
    Finally. I am frequently bothered by the fact that I only have one small Ender Chest to store the potions that I have WAY too many of. So in your house, there would be more than enough chests, and variously decorated rooms from a dining hall to a kitchen.

I thank you for reading this, and I really hope this gets implemented, although it could take a lot of work. I think this is a wonderful idea, but I might just be wrong. It may be too much work.

*Renting houses is kind of weird, so the renting idea could definitely be scrapped, as it has a lot of odds and ends about it.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  2. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    only been suggested about 58274&25 times but k

3. sinnochi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please, no need to shut the idea down so fast. You might just consider it instead of just dissing the idea entirely. Just because it's been suggested many times does not mean it is not a good idea. Thanks,
    -Zerachia

4. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Housing is a hated thing around here, too much has been said about it so I'm not even giving arguments, just do a quick search.

Dr Zed and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  5. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem is, it has been hated to much to really be considered :/
    Lore problem would be that you are a soldier, not someone that buys a house and lives a happy life
    Lag problem would be that this would require much more blocks placed (at least 1k per player + the current ones), more coding, and thus more lag

A pro would be that it would most likely be a really great money sink though, but that clearly won't come... or if it does not until a very long time

6. K_kki

K_kki The one and only Cookie Goddess VIP+

Minecraft:
    horse lives matter too!

7. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    honestly id personally like housing but it just wont work not to mention people get easily irritated when people make suggestions without much/any prior research on the subject

8. sinnochi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So agree xD Horses are life
    I mean things that you can buy. I just don't see why the members of Wynncraft are so anti-suggestion :P

9. Stycore

Stycore some random golem CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    they are not anti-suggestion, just anti-housing
    look up some old housing suggestions

Bramblesthatcat and ThomAnn100 like this.
  10. Meroboter

Meroboter pie

Minecraft:
    if you people love houses so much why dont you just go in any house of any city and pretend its yours

i mean isnt wynn all about imagination and having fun

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  11. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    housing
    i wanted it to die but no
    this has been suggested as many times as somebody whined about mythics (which is a lot)
    and it doesn't really work
    you need way more blocks and lag prevention that usual on a server that can already get pretty laggy in certain cases
    we're literally a soldier
    and there really isn't a point to housing, do we need it
    you make the point that we can use it for storage
    dont you think having to go back to THAT SPECIFIC HOME for storage would get annyoing? at least banks are in like every city, this is literally just one location

all in all
    no

euouae, Dr Zed, yellowscreen and 2 others like this.
  12. sinnochi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I made sure to do research on the subject of housing for three hours straight, thinking about the logistics, and concocting a method to make it as lag-free as possible. As such, if you tried to enter a house that wasn't yours, it would just display a message that said "You are not allowed to enter that house [optional] as it is not yours." I assure you, I did my research, and I consider this at least slightly plausible.

I DO like that idea, but the only issue is just having only one Ender chest for storage. I just think it's a fun idea to have a house.
    There IS a point to having a house. Storage. You say that there are banks in every city. True. But you only have one Ender chest worth of stuff. Yes, you can sell excess, but some people just don't, or can't find the right merchant.
    You say we're soldiers, but as @Meroboter said, isn't Wynn all about imagination? We could be soldiers on breaks.
    I don't see why you would need "so many blocks and lag prevention." It's just one item, a small house district built in every city, and keys given to players who buy a house. Not much lag involved.

In conclusion @???, I have basically matched each of your "no" arguments with "yes," or "okay I guess," arguments. Before you come to respond so strongly to other player's ideas, do some research. Consider both sides of the argument. Use your imagination a little. And on the last one with lag prevention, you were just trying to counter-argument this. There would be practically no lag involved, it's like getting a key to a dungeon or something.

13. ?!

?! Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i thought the meme died but it is back!

14. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    The ender chest has 13 pages. If that’s too small? Use a few classes as more storange. Personally i like it when a game forces you to only take what you need. Becides, if you somehow manage to fill severial class inventories and 13 pages, you probably pick up every normal item you get.

Also, here’s some more reasons why not:
    -Wouldn’t fit wynn’s theme
    -You can just roleplay a random house in Cinfras is yours
    -Would take time from ct, that can be used to make ACTUAL content

However, i must say the ”U need one for each player on the map too many chunks too much lag” comments are invalid. A server can only hold 65 people. So, 65 spots on the map. You can just load the house from memory. This doesn’t mean it’s a good idea, though.

Bramblesthatcat and Dr Zed like this.
  15. LTMS

LTMS Ninja Water Frog

Minecraft:
    1)We have 42 slots per page, 11 pages in total. 462 slots. 64 items per slot as maximum capacity, that's 29568, more than you'll ever need.

2) Yea...NO. Wynncraft has got a lore, it's not "all about immagination". If the lore says something, you can't just come here, say "Hey shut the fuck up" to the lore and do whatever you want. We are Soldiers, we do NOT have breaks, we can NOT have houses.

3) You know how many unique players have ever joined Wynncraft? As of 4 July 2017, 9 months ago, they were 1,712,876. Now, imagine having to build an house for each one of those players, plugins connected to them and those houses have to be logged in every of the game servers. Can you imagine how much lag would this produce? And, if you make only a single house for all the players, can you imagine all the informations that have to be stored anyway, without having them to collide and create bugs? If you make 65 houses like the guy up there said? Even worse. No man, just no.

We do not care about what you think it's fun. If it only creates problems without having any important pros, just drop your idea.

Sorry if I've been rude, but those are facts. You'll not have your houses. Accept it.

Bramblesthatcat, K_kki and Dr Zed like this.
  16. Wommby

Wommby 2 galleons 1 lootrun CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe a solution to the problem of having too many houses, creating lag, could be making the minimum level for owning a house 101. This would make sense along with the lore argument, as you would have done practically everything and you literally would just be on break.

17. Poiu429

Poiu429 yote VIP+

Minecraft:
    But you only get 1 ender chest per Minecraft account
    There is 1 instance of a dungeon per server (so like one for WC1 1for WC 2 and so on). That way ppl can meet in dungeons and that’s why things like CSST parties are possible.
    If there is 1 instance per player that means there are 64 (65?) instances per server. Combined with getting that to load without glitches that would create a lot of lag.

18. SlyamPoetry

SlyamPoetry dedicated pikotaro fan!!!!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    101 is supposed to be an easter egg
    you shouldn't try elaborating on it

housing tho, it shouldn't be added
    in the quest Mixed Feelings, the npc describes the wynn province as "warring travellers"
    now which word in that phrase suggests not having a house?
    travellers.
    Houses don't tie into the lore at all
    even if it is a fun idea, you have to take into consideration: "Will this be too OP? Does this make sense at all?"

19. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I haven’t seen one of these threads in ages.

Basically what everyone else said, especially about the bank space. We now have more than enough bank space, so it’s really unnecessary.

I do want to add that it’s a good rule of thumb to use the search bar before posting suggestions.

20. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear says according to the holy book of Bovineism commandment 10 thou shall not suggest housing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.