1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So how long do I get to do the objective? It's 1000 mobs. I got 451. I got a bunch of xp for discovering Cinfras and areas around it since it is now on level. Lots of drops and ran another cave I stumbled across for loot. I wish I had known about scrapping for repair; I have dumped a bunch of stuff. But I will get more tomorrow. I found 3 more Maelstrom bows and a pair of fabled leggings; winter something that has some "ice snake" ability. None of the loot bows are preferable to the one I bought, though one is a maybe; more hp loss, but strong bonuses on both spell and main. Definitely selling the other two. Walked from Cinfras over to Gelibord testing the Maelstrom. Can't really tell a lot of difference from the Spectral Slingshot but either one of them is taking out on level stuff pretty well. The power has gone up byt I really dnon't know what will test the top end. I could do one build that would drop my health back to about 5500, but push arrow storm up to almost 42,000.

I think I will move ROL 3 along tomorrow. Done for tonight.

2. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is a quite insane amount of damage. Btw you have until end of Sunday to complete the objective, so no rush.

3. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe weekly objective resets on... monday, was it? early in the week.
    Would that be raw hp or ehp? either way it's kinda fragile but that arrow storm damage is rather good for even level 100 builds.

4. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also, tip for doing mob kill objectives, just go to mt. wynn spiders (the grindspot next to mt. wynn) and kill the mobs there
    the mobs all turn into mites which adds a huge amount of mobs to the counter.

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Raw. This is what became my build as of last night by changing bows. It's roughly 6,000 hp and 12,000 ehp.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder/#7_0mX01ECI-10000RAbnormal Robe of Mana0200510G020Ro0M020140X01020k010UU0+0201W1W0O60sL0RQ0uP0ZR0F50Q-0P0O0S100i1600000zz++++-Vp+ehL5
    If I pick up my not really that old bow instead, those numbers jump to ~6,500 and 12,200. I do lose some of the power, but it is still pretty good for on level stuff.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder/#7_0mX01ECI-10000RAbnormal Robe of Mana0200510G020Ro0M020140X01020k010UU0+0201W1W0O60sL0RQ0uP0ZR0F50mU0M0O0M120i1600000zz++++-Vp+ehL5
    If I want to crank up attack power, I can do this:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...120q1610000M1002k410078G1007ES0zz++++-Vp+eFjg
    If I want high hp, I can do this:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder/#7_0mX01ECI-10000RAbnormal Robe of Mana0200510G020Ro0M020140X01020k010UU0+0201W1W0O60m-0RQ0S10ZR0F50mU0R0V0M120i1600000zz++++-Vp+ehL5
    and still have decent power.

I have managed to piece together a lot of spell bonus items and some main bonus as well, though one item (helmet) is killing main right now, so other bonuses are bringing it back up. But the helmet is a main contributor to spell bonus and damage would drop a fair amount if I switch it out.

The 451 last night were all on, near or above level., mostly from Lazarus Pit and the area from there To Gelibord to Cinfras. I guess if I need numbers on Sunday I could go to the spider spot and walk around with an angel up.

6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Woke up early and decided to run ROL 3. It's bugged out on me right at the end and I can't finish. After the 2 parkours, the first of which can be done with 2 escapes and the second turns out to be easier than it visually appears, but I still launched an escape from a pink sparkle cloud once I got close to the far side, I was back in the dining room and it took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on. I was way up thigh and I thought maybe it was a cut scene at first. Anyway, the door out closed before I got over to it. I disconnected and reconnected and I was still in the closed off room. So I did the food and cake thing again and the first door opens. Do the first parkour and the second door opens. Go through it and I am in blackness. I turn around and can see the dining room, but then the door shuts and all I can see is the back side of the door. Poke around a bit and finally /kill. Open the quest book and it says go through the last door. Go back to the castle, it transports me straight to the dining room with all doors shut. Do the food and cake, first door opens, parkour, come back and second door opens. Blackness. /kill. Looking at wiki, I am basically done. Hopefully it doesn't block anything if I am not "officially" done. Also bugged out on what is more or less the boss room with the hardest mob. I died there first time, went back and killed it; door didn't open. Disconnected and reconnected and had to fight again. I got best 2 out of 3 and then the door opened. Also killed way too many mobs in the "kill 8" room because I didn't leave as soon as the door opened because there were still mobs. So it would close and start the count over. I did that 4 or 5 times. That was my fault; it would have let me out earlier.

7. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    oh yeah the warden of wisdom is insanely hard. died my first try and still took huge damage on lvl 103 assassin when i tried again 30 levels later lol
    hope you dont get bugged from finishing because rol 5 is required to do orphions nexus of light (a raid) and that a really fun one

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do I have to get completion status on 3 to do 4 and 5? I am locked out of finishing 3. Reporting the bug. Also will report being forced to beat the Warden of Wisdom twice.

I guess the Warden of Wisdom was another good subjective test of bow power. I lost the first time as he was on me before I really new what was happening. The next 2, the first thing I did was escape to get my bearings and then polished him off with arrow storms on his first charge. He still made it to me and did damage; it was a race between mana going up and health going down to get off the 3rd storm after having done escape, angel and a couple of storms. Mana regen is high on my list of things to look for in gear. Mana won. Anyway, the battles I won were probably under 30 seconds. I probably could have done it in 2 storms if I let him get a little closer before unleashing the first; a lot of those arrows flew off to the sides.

9. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but speaking of continuing things, I do need to get over to the excavation site 3. It's probably already going to be silly as far as fighting any mobs.

10. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Btw later when you have to fight Bob, feel free to ask me for help. I'm pretty sure I'll be available most of the weekend. If I'm not available, you can always ask our guildmates. I'm saying this right now because unless you pull a me and use galloping spurs, you probably won't be able to solo Bob, and definitely won't be able to do it first try. If you are REALLY struggling, then you can always...ummm.....

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    which quest is that?

EDIT - I remember you mentioning it for some bosses and I still have the boots.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  12. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The quest is call Reincarnation.

13. shacers

Minecraft:
    aka the quest with the best quote

Earthbrine likes this.
  14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Playing around with wb again. This is with stuff I do have.

Lean (not the most hp) and mean (most power). This is an adjustment from what I had been doing that actually has me question WB a little. I swapped out of boots that had 16% spell boosand 7% main to ones that have 15% main pls 44. Other things like elemental damage, protection and dexterity points. Yet it claims arrow storm is up to 46,879. In game displayed hp is 6366.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...120q1710000M010078G1007ES10000Mzz++++-Vp+eFjg
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Spectre
    > Abnormal Robe of Mana
    > Kratke
    > Bad Wolf
    > Photon
    > Marble
    > Remikas' Authority
    > Electric Torc
    > Maelstrom [f4]

Protection more important than power (but not exactly weak, either)
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0mX0ub0N-0m-0RQ0S10ZR0F50mU0R0V0M120i1700000zz++++-Vp+ehL5
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Spectre
    > The Jingling Jester
    > Kelight's Shield
    > Stalagmites
    > Marble
    > Mirror
    > Remikas' Authority
    > Electric Torc
    > Spectral Slingshot []

Lots of mix and match in between. It is so subjective to go test. It's hard to really know.

15. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    46K STORMS AT LIKE LEVEL 70 WHAT IS THIS
    this is like only 20k less than an endgame cspring build

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I levelled up, so it's 71 now.

Biggest trouble I have with bosses is getting in a situation where I am running with them on my heels. I need to use escape more as my first spell so I can get some distance and perspective. Warden of Wisdom in ROL 3 took me out when I tried to stand my ground from the start. I cast angel first and he was on me before I took a shot. The next time I did an escape first so I could see better, and I dropped him on the first charge. he did make it all the way to me and I took damage, but it was a very short fight. It bugged out and I had to do it again to get the door to open. Same technique, same result. I need to do that at the boss altar by the village near Troms.

My biggest weakness is parkour. I need to go finish The Corrupted Village so I can get into TOL. I have the other 2 items. I especially hate timed parkour. So I bagged it when I got to the corrupted ore business. It's actually a place where escape may handle it since it has a floor you can run on. I do that a lot. Lazarus Pit was the easiest; after the first platform, the rest were ledges, so I could aim and escape at the wall above them and fall down onto them After the last one there is a tricky jump on a fence post top, land against vines and climb bit, but it turns out there are shallow ledges on the wall above the last platform ledge. Climb up a few (using escape as they are too tall to jump up) and you can walk around the corner and escape to past the parkour.

17. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    going to be a while on TOL. Got his first set of items, which included finishing an old quest I hadn't yet. Next 3 items means 2 old quests. Not feeling it right now; will get back to it. Excavation d...

18. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A, B, and C weren't bad, though puzzles definitely are not my favorite. D was fine until you pass Amadel the second time, finding out who he really is and then you have to go down that crazy path full of all sorts of mobs that are exploding and blinding and charging and... Between explosions and blinding, I got into an area where I absolutely could not see anything. I had gotten a tip to do that part on horseback, so when I was totally blinded and stuck against a wall or something, there were no spells to use to escape and/or cut a path. I don't know that I would be any better off running through, the horse would have worked if I never got off track, but I did. I guess I should have dismounted at that point, done an escape and tried to finish on foot.

19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just found yet another Maelstrom bow. It was a legendary bow in a box, but by the lv range, I pretty much knew what it was. I keep checking them in case of a really optimal roll, but this one was awful. I took it to the blacksmith because anyone who was looking closely at them wouldn't buy it, and I would feel almost guilty selling it to someone who didn't. Blacksmith surprised me by giving me money near the top of his range, so it didn't really cost me anything to look. Did Grand Youth earlier; about as close as you can come to free money and xp at this level. It seemed like it should have been at the lowest level you can do in Troms. I kept expecting the step with the "real" fight and there really wasn't one.
    I finally pried open my wallet and got another horse. I got a black horse. His name is Diablo and he is a bad ass. I plan to do Galleon's Graveyard soon and upgrade him. Is there a minimum level at which players can ride? If so, is it the same for all tiers of horses? Wondering if there is a point in keeping my brown horse for another class. Maybe just convenience, since the horse never leaves my hot bar.

20. shacers

Minecraft:
    amadel has a great theme song no minimum player level for horses lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.