1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really? I did that one on level as a Shaman.
    If you find building interesting, then (shamless plug) join Realm of Uz! We are a small, yet tightly knit guild based around building. Here's the link to the recruitment thread if you are interested: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/realm-of-uz-uzb-now-recruiting.301007/

Tzelofachad likes this.
  2. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, I like having the backstory of the elf trying to save the land from evil with your assistance. No, it isn't the greatest plot/story but it is something.

I like some puzzles, but most of the ones I have encountered in wc are mechanically clunky and it often isn't clear what the point is. I know I have developed a bias toward them. Plus it's like an interruption in the middle of the game I enjoy.

Yes, that's it. it becomes more difficult if you die in the early part as when you come back to it, as soon as you step inside the camp it immediately does the explosion and the orcs ae attacking. Then it does a little dialog, which puts them in extreme slow motion until you hit Shift, but they are already around/on you. In the last stage, I had to kill so many I thought it was bugged. I'm sure I killed over a hundred before the dialog started.

I will check it out. I have been meaning to look into guilds. I assume there is a bit of road testing involved also.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just went on a possibly ridiculous buying spree (for me), but early results are pretty mind boggling. I bought a crafted chest plate called Abnormal Robe of Mana, which is not listed on wb. It's lv 68, has 1778 hp, +96 spell, +30% spell, +2 defense. Spectre helmet, which has 1298 hp (1600, but -302 in the rolled part), cuts main damage almost in half at 43%, but adds another 29% spell damage. Kratke leggings add another 11% spell damage and 4% of the main attack back. Wavelength boots - another 16% spell damage and another 7% of main back. Marble ring - another 6% spell plus 13 (pretty meaningless number at this point). Electric Toro adds another 6% back to main. Lots of elemental bonuses and deficits, but mostly positive. Current bow is a Spectral Slingshot.

My total hp is 6201.

So I think I lost about a quarter of main attack but almost doubled spell damage. Shooting at on level mobs gives me something to do until they get into angel range and it absolutely destroys them.

Going to post this to builds also; not sure how to figure it. Road test was amazing. I went way north of Cinfras into places I had no business being. When I died I was about 90% sure I would, but wanted to see if it would actually handle a mosh pit of mobs in a cave. I took a lot of them with me.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  4. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    mice 6k health, i was 5k at your level. yeah some puzzles are super weird but i like most of them.

i meant that i hate lari. this forum is split into two sides: like lari hate lari, there might be an inbetween. the reasons for liking: she is kind, she is suppossedky cute, she is trying to save the forest, she has the powers of a god, and uh not much else.

reasons for hating: she is flipping annoying when she talks, shes a fricking pacifist, i think youve done realm of light 2 right? orphion chooses us over her because she cant make strong decisions. and some other stuff that you might not have gotten to yet so i wont say

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like a backstory. I play Witcher games. They have a pretty good story with continuity and the added bonus of being able to make some fairly dramatic changes in the plot along the way. There are also side quests that don't really move the story along and are optional. Oh, and there is zero parkour. :laughing: Yes, I have done ROL 2 and 3 is on my radar. I could start it now, but haven't wanted to start a long quest while messing around with builds.
    I have mostly been running around testing, killing lots of mobs and opening loot chests looking for useful stuff or high value items that I don't want or can't use, which I sell so I can buy what I do want and will use. I have built my account up to around 25,000. It floats up and down with buy/sell That seems like a lot compare to what I had a few levels back, but nothing compared to what I see higher level stuff trading for.

My current hp is 6401 in game. Current build shows it higher.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...RQ0uP0ZR0F50mU0M0O0M120i1600000zz++++-Vp+ehb2
    I might knock that down another 90 swapping the Marble for a Bermuda. It would also shave a little off spell damage but help ensure I could always cast them. mana regen is pretty good now, but I get in some situations where almost every shot needs to be a spell. A bigger hit will be the Mealstrom bow at lv 70. It will cost me 423 or 401 hp, depending on which one I go with. One of them would make my spells even more insane and help some with the diminished main, while the other would add a little more spell damage but come closer to bringing my main back to normal. I will also hang on to the Spectral Slingshot, as the Maelstrom is not as much of a clear upgrade as some previous bows (I am pretty much always looking at next legendary that is fast or better) with the tradeoff of hp reduction for its bonuses. Maelstrom actually has a lower base DPS, though the main attack bonus on one Maelstrom choice pulls it about even, the other well ahead. Both add spell damage and other bonuses that make them clearly better; just a question of whether it's enough better to justify losing423 hp. I think the answer is yes

6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While I keep saying I am just going to quit concentrating on levelling so much, I might go ahead and put some effort into getting to 70 to apply. I have so many build options right now it is making my head spin. I think I have a clear winner, but not positive; there are a coupe f others in the running depending on tradeoffs. So being able to discuss that with people interested in it would be a big help. Assuming I get accepted at very much bare minimum qualifications.

7. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A few things:
    1.) With your building skills, you will 100% get accepted to the guild
    2.) While in a guild, xp gain is increased, which will speed up your leveling.
    3.)Don't start RoL 3 unless you have literally at least 40 minutes to spare. It is a quest that thinks it's a movie. You'll see why I say that.
    4.) Now that you've completed RoL 1, you might as well head over to the Nest of the Grootslangs raid, interact with the partyfinder NPC, and hope you get a good party. If you do, then you will be able to start using tomes, which will make you much stronger. Here is the link to the wiki page on mastery tomes: https://wynncraft.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Tomes?so=search

That's all I wanted to say. Hopefully all that helps you.

8. shacers

Minecraft:
    rol 3 is boring af lol but if you like backstory i think youll like it. also as a new player your building is pretty good, actually insane lol.

oh and yeah ive seen cataclysm (a mythic dagger) go for 16 million emeralds so yeah 25k is nothing

9. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I had angst over paying 3500 for the chest plate. That's almost double what my highest prior purchase was. Emeralds seems to be like xp. What you I get for one quest now would probably be a dozen early levels. Numbers get crazy. I think it's strategic. It keeps players from planning/buying too far ahead. If I could already start banking end game stuff, then by the time I got there I wouldn't have the challenge of finding things as I need them or nearly do. I do sometimes see stuff that looks good at higher levels for reasonable prices, but I have no idea what will look good when I actually get there. the price may be reasonable because it isn't really that good.

Thanks. I have no real benchmark except browsing builds others are posting and running around slaying on level mobs. There is a lot of luck involved. happening to look at the right time to get the chest plate, finding some drops, etc. But I do look often and because I run around killing mobs on level or just above, I get a lot of drops that are on level or above. I have to be really careful about getting click happy in chests though. I have a couple of mostly empty bottles of healing potion in the bank because I clicked in a chest and got some lv 70 stuff in it. Sucks when you try to take a quick swig and get the message that you are out of what you can use.

10. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Btw once you unlock the quest Dodegar's Ultimate Weapon, do it, and then sell the weapon you get as a reward to an NPC within the Shire. This alone will double your money, giving you 28,672 emeralds. No matter what you do, DO NOT THROW AWAY THE DAGGER.

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks. the blacksmith does get a lot of business from me. Some lower level or different class non legendary or fabled drops I don't even bother to identify as I often don't even get the ID fee back. Because of my running around and checking things out, I get a lot of loot. Sometimes I have to trade things out at loot chests, swapping brown boxes or craft items for what looks likely to be better stuff when I am out of room. I have run into a tool sellers house and dropped stuff on the floor when I had better looking stuff on the ground outside. I never imagined I would do that a few levels back. I always ID bling, legendary and fabled items, though there is a pair of fabled leggings I am really getting tired of selling; people who want them are getting a great deal. I just want them gone for more than ID fee.

12. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The dagger you get will be marked as untradeable. Also a brown horse, with a dungeon upgrade, is a good investment.

13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do get rid of some untradeable objects from early quests. In Troms, I would put a bunch in my inventory and go to the loot box on the stairs and stick the stuff in there. Close it and poof - gone. I know there is also the drop box and you can just drop them in bushes or whatever, but I like being able to do a bunch at once and review them before closing the lid.

I am funny about considering things in the game as almost real. Besides being cheap, I will feel bad if I get rid of my horse or just leave it in the bank all the time. It's the low level quest horse. I usually hang around outside towns for guardian angel to time out so that I don't shoot innocent villagers when I go in.

I applied to your guild and gave them several reasons to reject me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  14. shacers

Minecraft:
    you do cassiops masterpiece yet? or whatever its called. cuz his painting sells for a lot at the levtus airbase. (the one behind guild hall)

the blacksmith is literally one of the most clicked npcs lol

15. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wish I had read this a few minutes ago. I can't remember whether I still have them or not, but I just left Cinfras a little while ago and I am in Pirate Cove looking for the skull tomb. The blacksmith's pennies on the dollar do add up to dollars after a while Every now and then I am surprised at the amount and figure I am probably scrapping something with at least some value.

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do still have it, so the next time I go to Cinfras I will head back by the airship and sell it.

I became a 69 in Beneath the Depths, the lv 60 quest i hadn't done but needed to for the galoshes. With the combination of being a few levels past it and the build I currently have, it was kind of silly. There were no mobs with ranged weapons. I shot at mobs just to make it less boring, but I could just walk around with an angel up and almost never get touched. When I got to the boss rom, there was a crowd in front of the exit so I fired a bomb into it. Walked down with angel taking care of stragglers and the treasure was on the ground. I guess one of the mobs in the cluster was the boss. I need to keep up and do more on level stuff.

I think I might go to Lazarus Pit since it is a 69 and I peeked at the wiki and it looks like it goes to a battle test almost immediately.

17. shacers

Minecraft:
    i didnt do pit lol i think it is involved with lari or something tho

18. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It isn't, but the battle section in the beginning I wasn't able to do until lvl 85...(I am playing Shaman though lol)

19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow - I smoked them. They were the ones having trouble lasting 30 seconds. Respawned a few times. I did take some damage, but wasn't in too much trouble.

Speaking of damage, I didn't know about having to get crafted items repaired. At least I assume that's what the message is about. I do see a stat that says 119/216 durability. What do I do?

Oh, and after finishing that quest, then seeing the guild objective of slaying 1000 mobs, I went out an slayed some. next thing you know I am a lv 70.

And I sold the painting for good money.

20. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In order to repair crafted items, you have to first take some identified gear and go to the blacksmith. Then, select the 2nd option, instead of the first. This will give you the option to scrap items. THIS IS NOT REVERSABLE AND WILL PERMANENTLY TURN WHATEVER ITEMS YOU PUT IN THERE INTO SCRAP. Then, now that you have some scrap, select the 3rd option in the blacksmith GUI, and click on any items you want to repair.
    also use the command /gu xp 0 to stop contributing a piece of your earned xp to the guild, speeding up the leveling process. You can start contributing again once you are a high enough level. Also, completing your guild objective will give you a bunch of emeralds and gear + a bit of ability reset crystals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.