1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, but for some reason, it didn't seem to let me. I ran back over and now it lists singles. I bought one. I also redid my tree and was able to reach Hurricane without giving up anything I really wanted. Look what that did to arrow storm:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...I0I0I0I0O0w01000BM1005eG010005Azz++++-Vp+epI1
    That's insane! Do I need to select a level under Thunder/Chain lightning?
    Going to run around and try this out for a bit before I drop in on the boss. Will use defense, intelligence and strength when I go back down there.

2. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    I think you do, but when selecting a level, I think you select the level that is shown on the item (after you apply the powders ingame)

also holy crap that build does damage

3. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    select a level yes, lvl 1 is two t4 powders level 2 is 1 t4 and 1 t5 and so on. selecting one will show the damage of chain lightning under your spell damages, warning i tried and its not a lot lol, preferable to use something like courage or curse although those powders may not be preferable to your elemental mastery(ies)

4. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK. I see. It added the section about chained lightning level 1.

Yeah, I need to look hard at the skills points. I have to be careful about continuing to shoot things when they get too close. I almost died in an explosion. I think that may have been what killed me in the boss alter the second time in, with the scarlet veil. It was likely one of the minions. I am trying to keep the numbers so I can swap out to the conservative helmet and boots easily, but I may need to put up with adjusting. And that's only if I decide to switch.

Here is what I came up with. I could shift more from strength but I like the power. I can always dial it back if I die too quickly. I have 20 zombie eyes, but I will only go in with 9+ soul points. Max is 13 for me now.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...L0O0H0Q0K0w01000BM1005eG010005Azz++++-Vp+epI1

ThedumbOX likes this.
  5. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I recommend you don’t focus too much on damage now, like this an endgame build for archer, using really expensive mythics and it’s arrow storm damage is close to yours https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...J0OH0QV0e0l210e201g0000102J6Izz7777-tlVOVL6HR

the way the arrow storm works requires you to get close to deal damage, which doesn’t really work with scarlet veil i think, but I think you just gotta regen mama and attack mobs from afar, and then rush in to deal that sweet sweet burst arrow storm damage

6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I died quick twice going to come back to this after adjustments and training. I probably am too hung up on the big damage. Getting close works for things that are taken out by the combination of angel and main shots, but with veil causing occasional explosions, that gets dangerous. I just almost died from two explosions in a row up close. Just zombies on the path. BTW, I notice the range because of the rolls on the items is pretty large. My Broken Balance boots add 88% spell damage and 111% main attack damage. The element loss percentages on my veil are 107, 96, 108, 70 and 113. Not sure how that all calculates since the leggings and one of the rings manage to pull them into the green.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  7. shacers

Minecraft:
    wait so exploding deals dmg back to you? i had an exploding build with tiny ehp but when i used it it didnt deal amy self damage.

btw you get 1 soul point per 15 levels your next should be at 60, max is 15

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Only up close. You've seen my fighting style; up close means up close. There is a slight visual delay on some mobs disappearing, so it often looks like I make contact when I really don't but I still get really close sometimes. I guess it is possible that I did actually make contact and that caused the damage, but the timing and amount of damage didn't seem coincidental.

Went down in the cave in Troms again. It goes further; you have to cross over the top of the rise I was climbing and it starts dropping back down. There are mobs with ranged weapons there. That caught me by surprise. I decided to go back to Gavel and come back down after some adventuring and training. Parked in Gelibord. Thinking about experimenting with a boat trip down the river. I see a tool merchant a little to the south and another right at the main road into Cintras, where I would have to get out. I banked a few bottles of lv 55 health potion in case they don't sell it there. 55 is the lowest here. Will try the boat trip when I get on later.

9. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is quite a interesting idea! Just a quick question: What are you planning on doing after you reach Cinfras?

10. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I see 4 caves I might be able to reach. Yes, I will probably die. Hopefully I can ride out safely when I am done adventuring. If not, using the boat again will likely work if it works on the way down. MC mechanics don't really do river currents; I have not seen flow anywhere but waterfalls. Besides the fun experiment, the boat trip is the only way to be sure I don't get lost. And finally, I have an ace in the hole as long as I can get to a bank after respawn - a teleport scroll for Selchar. I will not use that unless I die trying to get somewhere else several times and run completely out of health potions. Even if they have 55 in Cintras, which I doubt, I am not going to run my account down on failed attempts.

Earthbrine likes this.
  11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The boat is not a workable plan. Too tight and while only slightly twisty, it requires turns too often. The real deal breaker is that the little one in town that I practiced on has lily pads and I suspect the main river does as well. That would explain the lack of bridges between here and the entry to Cintras. Poking around just outside of town was not encouraging. I can kill the higher level mobs but took damage d0ing it. The good news is that the first tool merchant is within sprint distance and from the back fence of that property to the first building that appears to be part of the complex the next tool merchant is in is likely also sprintable. From there, Cintras is a strong maybe as far as distance, but it's straight line in the open and a ranged weapon in front of me, or worse behind me, could be a problem. If it's in front of me I may be able get an arrow shot. We'll see. This is one of my favorite parts of the game.

12. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Made it to Cintras on foot. Still had ~2500 hp out of 3050 with no potion used and even that was from delaying to long around the closest farm out front. A witch came from behind me. I spun and took her out and sprinted to the gate with no other problems. I had to bomb a few to get there safely. That first place didn't have a tool merchant that I could see. It was an abandoned mansion. But no mobs came inside of its fence or outside of its walls. It should not be a problem getting more than halfway back to Gelibord when I leave.
    Went straight to the bank to make sure they didn't have any membership rule. That freaked me out a little the first time I made it to Almuj, but then I discovered the easy walkway back to safety for a lower level player.

Lowest level potion available is 65. Glad I banked a few bottles.

Love the walkable walls. My first impression is that Detlas was the prototype and this is the final product.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  13. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it's only almuj with a quest requirement for bank
    however, the scroll merchant in cinfras requres the quest Flight in Distress. it should still be able to cheese though
    has flesh cave been reworked? if not then there's a bunch of spots where mobs can't hit you so you can grind there if there aren't any waterfall parties. note: flesh cave coords are -999,-5555 iirc

14. shacers

Minecraft:
    well thats funny because my build was on assassin which is as close as you can get...

uh anyway the cinfras area does have a bridge leading from the forgery

cinfras already? at lvl 58? i got there past 64 lol near the first corrupted dungeon level

15. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I came mostly to look around. You can spend a long time just looking around inside the town guild hall, attached village out the back, airship station, etc. There are some places that I can't go. I have not made it to a cave. The one right out front is quasi parkour to get up the tower. I went up a little ways and did take out some mobs, took some damage and then went back into town. I tried to get to the one north of town and got taken out by a mob that looked like some others I had killed but was a variant with a ranged weapon. I have been killing some pretty easily on the fringes, sniping with bombs and if I draw one in, I can kill them with bow shots. But making contact or getting shot does serious damage. It's hard to tell from the map, but there is an area not far east that has some merchants mostly dealing in mined goods, but also a potato merchant and an identifier. Hoping it might be a village of sorts. I can see a structure and there might be more but there is stuff in the way. I guess I will have to go look for myself.

16. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's Thanos. The entrance is in a weird spot within the Canyon of the Lost, and many people have gotten lost trying to find the way in.

shacers likes this.
  17. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can see Thanos on the map. What I am looking at is not that far back. On the web map, just over the nose of the airship you can see a couple of rooftops and just past them are a lot of vendors. I might mix it up a little on a build if I can find some middle ground. I *really* like the super fast powerful bow, but if I get killed trying to get anywhere I will have to sacrifice power and/or speed for protection. That or just keep playing tourist for a little longer and then back track. Or better yet, get my mojo back. I was intimidate by Troms at first.

18. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The rooftops and the vendors are in different places. The vendors are underground within Thanos. (Yea I know it's weird)
    Link to wiki page about Thanos if you want to check it out:
    https://wynncraft.fandom.com/wiki/Thanos#Merchants

19. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i have a random question for you, what kind of build do you like the most as of now?

20. shacers

Minecraft:
    thanos is impossible to find

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.