1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I decided to at least give Doguns and Dragons a shot with archer rather than just giving up without trying. The parkour in it is the issue. Pretty much totally flyable for bmonk, so he got through okay. But I figured archer was toast. Ran into some issues with advancing the quest and had to redo some parts, but finally got to Garaheth and it looked like my suspicions would prove correct. The parkour wasn't spaced for leap and landing areas were small. tried a few times and then started looking up and around for possible alternative routes.

Right at the beginning of the parkour if you look up you will see the next level above you, just out of escape reach. But right before the first one is the slightest ledge most of the way up that can barely be reached with escape straight up and then tapping S to back onto it. Then you can reach a bone/platform on the next level. I don't remember if I had to leap once first, but I could see a niche in the wall near the bone you walk up to drop the other bone that creates the jump pad. An escape with a storm booster got me to the niche and the platform leading up to that last bone was large enough to angle a leap and land it. then I just had to walk up, get the other bone to drop and do the jump pad.

I knew from bmonk that the jump pad is a gimmick. It requires no skill/dexterity. Aim the right way and just press W and nothing else. Drop on the pad and pressing W on the way up it puts you on the ramp up into the next section, where you fight some mini bosses while freezing the other organs. With archer's current build, I pretty easily destroyed everything. Cut scenes, some xp and 5 le.

2. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you don’t have any more quests to do, and are starting to get bored? I would suggest starting a new class, HICH if you want to, or just do IH if your not up to it, I would suggest doing mage if you decide to do a HICH run, but I found all the classes really enjoyable (although acrobat assassin was probably the most so) but you should do whatever suits you.

3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have quests that I am not really interested in doing. Not sure what HICH or IH means. I think I have spent too much time on it recently and need to do some other things, but stay somewhat active and engaged.

4. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hich is
    hardcore ironman crafteds hunted
    basically all four of the difficult game settings played at the same time
    hardcore means you basically have one life
    ironman means you can't trade or use trade market
    crafted means you can only use crafted gear
    and hunted means that you can get killed by other players in hunted that are also hunted
    it's pretty difficult I heard, but with good enough luck it's possible.

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I found a few pieces of really good armor as well as an outstanding RotS in my inventory one day and was told it was likely that I had stumbled across the remains of a hardcore player without realizing it. You might have been one of the people who told me that. Not unlikely that they were hunted also as I am pretty certain it happened well inside the gates of Corkus City. Always possible a mob followed someone in, but seems really unlikely to have been the death of a high level player. Using all crafted seems like an odd one; I have seen some higher end crafted gear that was better than most legendary gear. Can be as costly as mythics for the higher end stuff. Having all crafted would force you to be picking up all the crap gear and going to the blacksmith a lot I guess. I really don't want to flip that switch for being hunted. I am really bad at PVP. My reaction at the end of AHC was "wait, that's supposed to be a reward?".

6. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    well you do get ornate armor at the end of AHC lol

but like hunted is weird

7. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hunted is great; you get +50% combat and gathering/crafting XP, the only downside is pvp is enabled for everyone in hunted mode, and there are people who actively seek out players to kill them (using toxoplasmosis) and take the items you drop

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My first thought was that the armor was really good because of the hp and damage bonuses plus the lack of requirements other than level, but being one dimensional and supplying no skill points makes it harder to work into builds. I can see how it could make a build work when there isn't a better choice. In most of my builds, armor usually supplies multiple things, like mana regen, damage bonus and skill points. Skill points is a big deal. I hate it when I have to burn an accessory slot to plug in something that does nothing but provide skill points.

shacers likes this.
  9. shacers

Minecraft:
    exactly why i dont want to

10. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hunters really aren’t all that common, I’ve only ever encountered 1 hunter throughout my perma hunted assassin play through, I’ve never had any problems with dying to players

shacers likes this.
  11. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you can cheese out hunted by using builds with all untradeable items and mythics because they can't drop when killed I'm pretty sure.
    also now that you're endgame archer you should try anthracite ballista tierstack
    really funny build, literally takes zero skill, big damage, good health

12. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This one? I am guessing it is it since you posted it in builds.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0u307N0PW0VN0BK0Jf0BI0OP01w001I001m1R1g00000zz++++--BNRE9sP7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Scarlet Veil
    > Calidade Mail
    > Leictreach Makani
    > Nether's Scar
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Diamond Solar Necklace
    > Anthracite Ballista []

But just for grins, I dropped it into my t-stack for Undying and the filled out a similar archer tree and it competes with it for power but has less defense. Not ridiculously glassy, but less defense. Might be fun to try.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0kq0ZS0LM0Jv0Jf0BK0BI0uH01w1K0t031U0t1g00000Wz++++n-RhFd45S7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Shawl of Gaea
    > Tisaun's Valor
    > Horizon
    > Humbark Moccasins
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Recalcitrance
    > Anthracite Ballista []
    > (Has Tomes)
    So I just hopped on and bought this to play with when I get a chance. Wasn't all that pricey, but probably has decent enough stats to get the numbers most of the way there. I liked playing bolt slinger with main back in earlier levels.

upload_2022-12-15_14-56-42.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The tstack kludge I did is glassy. Still fun. I ran over to the hive and let the air boss kill me because I forgot that potions exist. All this play with high hpr in my bmonk builds. I wasn't paying enough attention until too late. i was battering the boss pretty good and could go back and win more carefully. I went to thunder and killed those bosses with nothing but main and a few escapes. Did sip some healing potion.

What about a sharpshooter tree with it?

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    t-stack anthracite ballista testing was interesting. i can stand at the door to scrap, hold down the right mouse button and sweep back and forth like a lawn sprinkler.

someone in Corkus City wanted to duel. Not sure it took a full second. They were probably in the middle of casting their first spell.

glassy though. I went in scrap a few times and it was dicey.

15. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    here's the build that I would recommend
    however it does take some cur runs for the flashfire set
    here's some variations
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...a001M0+1g1000FU1000CO01000CO0zz++++--lXURAuP7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Nephilim
    > Calidade Mail
    > Greaves of the Veneer
    > Nether's Scar
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Diamond Static Necklace
    > Anthracite Ballista []
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...a00121B1g01000CO1000FU1000CO0zz++++--lXURAuP7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Scarlet Veil
    > Calidade Mail
    > Leictreach Makani
    > Nether's Scar
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Diamond Static Necklace
    > Anthracite Ballista []
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0VI07N0PW0VN0Jf0BK0BI0Ji01w001Q001u1E1g00000zz++++--BNRUIiO7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Nephilim
    > Calidade Mail
    > Leictreach Makani
    > Nether's Scar
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Contrast
    > Anthracite Ballista []
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0VI0l-0PW0720Jf0BK0BI0Ji01w001B001h1X1g00000zz++++--lXixtU20
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Nephilim
    > Soarfae
    > Leictreach Makani
    > Burnout
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Contrast
    > Anthracite Ballista []

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did that a few days ago and have the flashfire set. cur is like eo where I would definitely argue that aerodynamics is needed to fly the last parkour; it has barriers but flying the route works. Not much margin for error and you can't overshoot the tight turns or take a shortcut. Something interesting in the last parkour is that crashing into the checkpoint and only grazing it before careening off counts as making it as long as your feet touched a block on top. I was actually thinking of going back and doing 4 more to grab Olilly, though plugging it into builds doesn't really yield the amazing results I thought it might.

A run back through LI would be necessary for some build variants.

Those builds have a fair amount more defense than what I was using, but significantly less power. But I did find this build a bit glassy.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...uH01w1K0t031U0t1g000000W0z0+0+0+0+0n-RhFd45S7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Shawl of Gaea
    > Tisaun's Valor
    > Horizon
    > Humbark Moccasins
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Recalcitrance
    > Anthracite Ballista []
    > (Has Tomes)

17. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    archer is just glassier in general
    plus recalcitrance takes away 2.6k hp so it makes the build more glassy
    I'm not a huge fan of recalc like I'd rather use neph as helmet and contrast/dsolar in place of recalc

18. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This doesn't seem too unreasonable. It is a little worrisome to have that much hp in the weapon without a lot of hpr. If I get hit enough to go for potion, I take another big hit (over 2k) doing so. My 4500 hp dose only provides a net of under 2500. It's also annoying that you lose weapon hp on /class, even if you are holding it. The build has regen, but it's run and hide level, not just get a little more conservative.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...Od01w110-001O0+1g000000z0z0+0+0+0+0--RhFd45S7
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Nephilim
    > Tisaun's Valor
    > Horizon
    > Humbark Moccasins
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Gold Solar Necklace
    > Anthracite Ballista []

19. shacers

Minecraft:
    i think if u switch back to your weapon fast enough itll heal into the health bonus because the potion heals over time

20. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not really; "heals over time" = 3 seconds. switch away to an empty hand and right back and it's got to slowly regen. or more annoying because I just did it several times testing the build, switch to an avia feather to start the uth shrine, switch back to the bow and start with health 2k down.

the shrine is a pain with this build btw. I did it 6 times and never died, but went through a lot of healing potion. nothing in there dies easy, especially not the rune guardian. I got a lot of flying mobs with fire bombs. I cleared everything in the air and on the ground. You don't have to; as long as you kill the guardian to get the runes, you can leave 60 seconds after the rune guardian first appears (wave 3). A lot of times I leave flying mobs but I was determined to bring them all down. Brought down 3 more avias, so I have 3 more feathers.. 2 of them skyed me but it has become second nature to do an escape (or charge on warrior) when that happens and avoid any fall damage.

Not sure how much longer I will mess with these t-stack builds. It's just something to do that is different and interesting. Not sure I am up for LI with either of them yet. I actually haven't done it with archer at all. bmonk has done it. I thought about Forgery, but bmonk is pretty much required for me since I fly parkours. Someone suggested a charge flame to me as a second spear for flying and it does go a fair bit further. I got one with -14 charge cost. -16 is the max, but prices sky rocket

ThedumbOX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.