1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I checked that on wynnbuilder and it fit my current one as a swap; I didn't even bother with adjusting skill points when nothing dropped just swapping it out. hp is 5783 in game holding the Fierte.
    I have one in the bank. I also have a Kahontsi Ohnstyen that I got as a drop with a decent roll, but not sure I will use it. It's hard to build around, especially sandwiched between the other two that are more compatible. Kind of a shame that I found it since it is untradeable. I wonder if I am allowed to just throw it on the floor in front of a lower level warrior (for nothing). I know it's just a game and things aren't real, but I hate having to give it to the blacksmith.
    That's not pricey, though it could be if I shop hard for premium. There were only a handful of dravarden chest plates and I got the one with the best mana regen and not so great health and spell bonuses, but both of those are handled already. I just upgraded my Reminiscence bracelet, buying one with more mana regen.
    I am just not willing to spend 10 times as much for what seems like not a huge difference. I still have my TT bow that I was going to use before you pushed the one you set up at me and you are getting that one back one of these days. I believe you that it is better because of the water damage bonus (29% versus 11%) on a water based bow, but the rest of the numbers are close or favor the other one. Yes, that's an important difference, but I wouldn't pay multiple times more for it.
    The simplest answer is because I am not a generalist. I do use multiple spells, but usually don't mix them up. Case in point - Herb Cave - I go in and down the ramp and let a few of the lower power/xp mobs start closing in and then do a couple of whirlwinds. Then I go up to the highest level in the center and do a couple of more. that usually gets rid of any entourage before I head down the ramp on the left where the real xp is. When I get near the bottom of the ramp, I do a charge into the far corner, sometimes two if a mob is in the way. Give them about a half second to start closing in and then 1 or 2 whirl winds and charge back to the bottom of the ramp. Whirl wind about a third of the way up the ramp, another two thirds of the way up. Gulp of healing potion crossing the center section, two whirl winds going down into the other room. The angry burning natives chasing me are usually not all dead yet, so I pretty much continue across the floor, up the ramp and out the cave mouth. I run out of mana somewhere in that section. I turn around and wait for the survivors and have enough mana regenerated for another whirl wind or two. Wash, rinse, repeat; I have done this many times. I use war scream mostly for air shout. I don't like how it pulls in nearby mobs right into my face. I do charge some nearby single mobs, but mostly use it for quick movement. I never use bash. But when I jump into a fray where I am outnumbered 5 or 10 to 1, it's all about whirl wind. I do also use the spear as an actual weapon a lot between spells or just one on one with on level stuff. Even over matched, it buys time for regen.

2. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if its untradeable then they can't pick it up.

3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's too bad. It's a decent spear, but the strength minimum of 80 makes it a non starter for me. The build I have now at 60 (I jumped from 58 to 60 in a Herb Cave session) around the Fierte will take the Remika's Righteousness as a drop in replacement. The blacksmith gave me 365, which is probably a wash from getting it IDed. I really shouldn't worry about the small costs so much; I have about 130k, but I see some end game prices and it doesn't seem like much. But as stuff is starting to pile up, I need to walk over to the blacksmith with a bunch of things.

4. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually surprised at what the blacksmith paid. Not going to bother with anything but higher priced stuff (based on tm suggested price).

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not sure who gave me the speed tip on parkour, but it helped. I took off my leggings and a ring, both of which increased walk seed, and when I used escape, which I did in 3 places, I waited until speed boost timed out before moving again. This is in the Fantastic Voyage quest. Just two parkours so far (one trivial that most people probably wouldn't count and one that would be really easy for most people) and I got past them okay. Which leads me to...
    I haven't done a second one yet. But I wonder how reasonable it would be to try to do Corrupted Decrepit Sewers 5 times. Because Demonio looks like the obvious bridge from Remikas' Righteousness to Bob's Mythic Spear (I also need to go back and do Reincarnation). Scythe is an okay upgrade and I priced them and they were all under 1,000 so I grabbed one with a good roll, but it pales in comparison to Demonio.
    Comments about what kind of trouble I might have in Reincarnation are also welcome.

EDIT - I have 8 broken decrepit sewer keys and 27 runes

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  6. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Reicarnation is very difficult because Bob deals massive damage on hit, and you'll need some AoE to deal with Bob's weapons. Here is the wiki page for it: https://wynncraft.fandom.com/wiki/Bob's_Reincarnation#Damages

Btw if you REALLY can't beat Bob, and you really want the spear, you can use Galloping Spurs. I used those to solo Bob first try. I still recommend trying Bob without them, as they make the fight boring and extremely stressful.

7. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I remembered you saying that and I do have the boots. So I would just ride around with guardian angel up? I am only a weak maybe on that, but I guess it is worth trying if I get slaughtered straight up, which is kind of what I expect after reading that info. Swapping rings to get more spell damage and wearing the galloping spurs, this is what I come up with:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...No0ZN0qB0i0U1T041L1P000010000Izz++++--hzPVwg2

I looked at WynnData, and for legendary spears, after Remikas' Righteousness at lv 63, everything but the ones with strings attached (dungeon merchants or hard quests) has some big tradeoffs. I consider super slow to be a trade off, though it probably really isn't if I adjust my style. I can deal with just slow. There is one rare in there that might do if all else fails - Fuunyet. Requires Troubled Tribesman, which I did with archer so should be doable. Can't remember what I did with reward from quest; don't have jet shards or topaz in the bank. I do remember it being one where I killed the boss 2 or 3 times waiting for the boss to show up and finally realizing that was it. Anyway, not a snob about legendary but I have almost never seen any rare or unique weapons on par. Even in this case it is slower than I would like.

EDIT - just checked for further info and the rare one isn't a reward; just access to the shop where it is sold is. You still have to get drops from specific mobs all over the jungle. Or you buy one in the tm but can't use it until you complete the quest...

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Second update...
    I am an idiot and I can't do Reincarnation, at least not without jumping trhough a hoop or two. I initially didn't finish it because of the parkour for the shears. Then I wanted to do TOL and I needed Bob's Soul. Turns out the shears are on the market, so I get them and have the blacksmith's assistant craft me the soul. this is where the idiot part comes in. I didn't really cared about the early level rewards, so I went to Troms and gave the soul to Kelight. I cannot redo the quest as the NPCs will no longer respond to me. There is one possible workaround though. I could do it on bmonk to the point where I quit on archer and then let archer have the soul and take it from there. Not in a huge hurry to do this. Not even sure I will do this depending on how hard it is for me to do decrepit sewers. Even the rare consolation prize is workable. It's not like an end game weapon. I am really going to hate it if I can't manage to get Orange Lilly for archer.

9. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the corrupted undergrowth ruins parkour is really annoying
    I don't know if you can do it to be honest.

10. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    ITS EAAAAAASSSSYYYYYYYYYYY
    actually it is easier than the normal one and its why its one of my favourite dungeons, its just really fun.

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dogwqtr has actually been in a dungeon with me and seen the struggle.

I just pulled off one I would have bet against, but I had a fair amount of time in Fantastic Voyage before hitting the parkour very near the end. Mobs shooting exploding charges and destroying platforms even if you managed to sidestep and survive. I checked Olinus to see what I was looking at. A couple of the trampoline bounce that were fairly long drops, but it did have a dogleg to it that went up and then came back down. I found that the first 3 or 4 were doable with leap, and then I was looking at the first trampoline. I gave it a couple of tries with no luck. But before I did /kill, I decided to try a Hail Mary. I did leaps out to the platform before my troubles started, turned around and take a shot with escape at the closest platform coming back down from the turn. I really didn't like my odds with a low angle for a distance that was probably too far anyway and I had to do it quickly before the bombing started. I landed it. The tunnel entrance was also pretty far, but a little closer and cavernous, which was a good thing as I landed pretty far off center rushing it. Escape would be tremendously more useful if I could get degrees and not just 8 compass directions. I whipped around and did the Olinus "you don't actually have to fight these mobs" and ran down the path the rest of the way. It has an odd ending; basically a cut scene where it appears you are almost killed, but then get your health back up to full. I had checked the wiki and expanded spoilers to look for parkour. It mentioned the parkour in the sails and it was early in the quest so I figured if I couldn't do it I would find out quick. The one at the end was a nasty surprise.

12. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    okay yes it's easy for me but as ReachDaBeach mentioned before, they aren't very good at parkour. . .
    I did a cuc run and uh...

13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One thing that might be different is not feeling like I need to hurry. I do get flustered and make more mistakes. Some that aren't all that long I will do over and over to get through; ROL2 (taproot) and Arachnid's Ascent both had spots I spent a while at. I can't do that in a group going through a dungeon. And while I have done just the one shared dungeon, I did go through part of grootslangs. I wasn't the first to die; we did a few rooms. In that I never had to succeed at any parkour. I was also being led by someone who offered.

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now I get it; it's something I will go back up for. Sweep/whirlwind was the first spell to get enough power and coverage area to be able to depend on it to kill on level or slightly above mobs in one or two tries. Bash was slow and kind of tweaky to aim and had a pretty narrow area of impact. Air shout would pull mobs to me that were still a bit lively. I have been grinding pretty fast by charging into the middle of a crowd and hitting them with a couple of spells that needed to be fatal or very nearly so. Bash and scream/shout weren't getting the job done. Cyclone and Thunderclap plus more bonuses change that.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0aL0H0h0b0n041010000M0001005bGzz++++-zkRQoCL0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Mask of Courage
    > Millennium
    > Kelight's Shield
    > Bad Wolf
    > Lodestone
    > Marble
    > Reminiscence
    > Geothermal
    > Remikas' Righteousness [w4t4f4]
    Not sure about those powders. Best one I could find came that way. It does deal damage for those 3 elements.

EDIT - my grinding method is pretty much guaranteed to involve a fair amount of damage and healing potion sipped regularly. But safely picking at them wasn't moving the meter fast enough to suit me. With the other spells, I tended to take more damage and it got dicier. I am kind of glad to move on from a spear with hp. Not being able to sip potion if it got too low was problematic. When that happened in Herb Cave, I figured out the best thing to do was pretty counter-intuitive. Get on a horse and ride back and forth on the front edge of the Great Bridge. Lots of Troms mobs out in front of the bridge and lots of bridge mobs past the columns. In between, not so much.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  15. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    yeah ik it was kinda meant to be maybe idk, ironic?
    telling the truth tho id say it is easier than normal (less glitch) but more weirder

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I had a glitch where you had to knock a column over for a short and partially escape friendly parkour. Took a couple of tries with /class to clear it up. That parkour is an example of one I could have done but it took me a few tries to get to the point where I was about 90% sure I could escape the rest of the way, so I went ahead and did that.

17. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would recommend changing out the t4 for another f4 because you get the fire powder special. If you hit enough enemies with melee then you can shift+hit an enemy for the powder special which increases your overall damage.

Earthbrine and Endistic like this.
  18. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just two? Or should I go f4f4f4? The only way to swap out one is throw them all out and add back new ones. Bash/Thunderclap does heavy thunder, so i like the idea of a different element in case one or the other is ineffective. I can't help but wonder if someone had a sense of humor in designing this spear; it's WTF...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  19. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea
    and then fix the key and go

20. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Taking a couple of keys and a couple of runes in case I do something stupid right off the bat or sail through it so quickly I want to do it again (yeah, right).
    I am also taking something odd that may help me with parkour. I just IDed some unique leggings I picked up from a mob drop. They are Equalizers. They have about 1000 less hp than the Dark Shroud, but they have no walk speed bonus. The shrouds have 24%. That was the main reason I was thinking about this. But there are other differences. The shrouds have penalties for that hp -deficits on main and spell. The Equalizers have bonuses. Seeing ridiculous numbers for damage. I am not thinking about actually using them as a replacement in the build, though it has been long enough since I messed with armor that I should think about possibly doing upgrades. But it only took a small adjustment in skill points to be able to swap them out on the fly. So I can keep the shrouds on to zip over there in race horse mode and swap them out right before going in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.