Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Better Custom Resource Packs Support

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Evran, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Do you support this request ?

1. Yes

73.7%
  2. No

26.3%
  3. I don't use resource packs.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    Basically I was just wondering around trying to make my own little custom Wynncraft ressource pack based on the official one, and I finnaly came up with something that wasn't looking horrible.
    Proud of myself I logged on the server to try it on, that's when I noticed that my customs textures were no where to be see, apparently the server ressource pack overide any other one.
    Well then fine, I just have to disable the server resource pack for Wynncraft. And that's what I did.
    I logged on back on the server, went in a world, my textures were here but a message came out :
    resource_pack_message.png
    Okay, that's normal since the server can't recognize that I just using a custom ressource pack.
    But thats when the things started to get funny. The message just came back like every minute, spamming my chat, and there is no way to stop it.
    And I would be clear, this become really annoying, and there's no way i'm gonna hide the chat in Wynncraft, it's a MMORPG after all.

So basically what it mean is that if anyone want to use a custom ressource pack on the Wynncraft server, he would have to endure the same message again, again and again just spoiling his Wynncraft experience.

So here i'm just asking for something as simple as :
    -Either the message pop out only one time when you log on.
    -Or another "/toggle" command to turn this off.

Thanks for having listened to my request, and may one of the staff member stop on this thread.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. Acer

Acer Kaɯaii‒est kiττeհ ㏌ Wyᴨπᴄraft

Guild:
    I think the point is that you're supposed to use it.

Andy0132, Chino, Ackro and 4 others like this.
  3. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    The fact is : I am using it, I was just willing to change a few things about it, to improved it while adding my personal touch.
    And just to be clear, I found the official pack just amazing, and you guys did a awesome work for about everything in Gavel, but spamming peoples in chat for them to use "The Official Pack" when they just using a slightly change one, I found that just exaggereted.
    And another point is, someone might just do not like the global appearance of the pack, (which is not my case by the way) and might be willing to change the blocks textures of it for example.
    So I really think you guys shouldn't force peoples to use the pack.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  4. HMage

HMage Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I support this.

5. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Just use the given one

6. Acer

Acer Kaɯaii‒est kiττeհ ㏌ Wyᴨπᴄraft

Guild:
    uhh, no... i did not

7. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    My point here isn't if people should use the "given" pack or not, my point here is that everyone should have the choice to either use the original pack or to use a custom one without having his chat spammed with a message that can get really annoying.
    Because I think this message is for people that didn't want to use the pack because they didn't know it was required to have a good experience on the server, and for my part, and everyone else that would want to use a custom resource pack on the server, we know that the pack is required, but we would want to use some custom textures with it for exemple;
    Maybe that someone REALLY does not like one texture and would want to change it for example, and I don't know why he should have his chat spammed with the same informative message again and again.

8. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh sorry that Ari. I got the names confused

9. Acrious

Acrious Wheel of Time addict, writer

Guild:
    My problem is that whenever I join Wynncraft, it tells me to redownload the pack, then fails. So I had to edit the pack into a normal resource pack…

10. quasar

quasar wuh

I dont support your own made rescource packs but I think it would be cool if you could choose 16x 32x and 64x packs

11. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    The point is to just use the official Wynncraft resource pack, but if you want to see your own custom pack, you do have to see that message a lot.

Us packers can't really do much about it.

12. GaudyGMoney

GaudyGMoney Deep-Fried Butter VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Evran likes this.
  13. PantaloonCity

PantaloonCity Travelled Adventurer

Recently theres an issue where the texture pack doesn't download and gets stuck at 100%. I agree having this message in my chat every minute can be quite annoying especially in the big cities like Detlas

14. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    Again the whole point of this thread isn't to know if peoples should use the official resource pack or a custom one, but to have a way to make this message appeared at least less frequently.
    And here again, another reason why we should have a way to stop this message from popping up : some people aren't able to download the resourc pack in game, in which case they would have to dowload it manually, that's fine but there would see a message telling them to use the resource pack when they are using it.
    And again I don't see why those people would have to support a message spoiling their Wynncraft experience.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  15. quasar

quasar wuh

Well it wouldn't even really work for people to use their own because of the custom sounds and puzzles or whatever. I dont think it would be a supported idea from the dev team because they'd have to set out what you NEED for the pack to work leaving less time to do things like iron out bugs or make dern... (DERN HYPEE)

16. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    No you just have to check out the pack to see that the only "special" thing in it that require to be compatible to the Wynncraft server are custom weapons/accessories models and nothing else.
    So a custom resource pack would need nothing from the dev team to work.

17. quasar

quasar wuh

surely they would need to provide a sound pack and the layout for different weapons and armours

18. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    They do not have to do that, anyone that know how resource packs works should be able to understand how this one works, for example I already understood how the pack works and I have been able to modify it. And again this thread isn't here to debate if custom resource pack should exist or not, wait for one to exist before saying it's a bad idea.

19. Copper

Copper I like cake.

Minecraft:
    If we let anyone and everyone to edit the pack and then put it into circulation, that could seriously stuff up many players' playing experience when we update the official Wynncraft Resource Pack. We could have people choosing not to use the official pack because they don't like it, and mixing it with their own textures while keeping our models. The fact is, no: we're not going to let you screw us over and take all the textures and models that we worked on for months, and let you refashion them.

If you honestly think that you can help to improve the resource pack, get in contact with us and help us. We have no quarrel with that; show us your work here on the forums, and it could be considered.

And Lord knows how many "Official Wynncraft Resource Pack" fakes we need floating about. There's a reason it's called the official one.
    You play our game, you play by our rules*.

*Subject to change at any moment, I guess. We're not always rigid on these things.

Retathrah and -- like this.
  20. Evran

Evran Just a random guy.

Minecraft:
    Whooaaa ! Just calm down dude, I really didn't mean to offend anyone here, like I said to @Acer, you guys did a awesome work on everything in Gavel, and the pack by itself is already amazing, I was just willing to change some textures.
    On the part where you were suggesting me to show some of my work, I would be clear, it was my goal from the start to post a custom resource pack here on the forum using custom textures with MCpatcher and everything. The fact is, when I saw that the server were spamming everyone that was not using the official resource pack, it made me lose some determination to know that if I made a resource pack, people using it would be spoiled their Wynncraft experience.
    I also thought that was a normal thing to create a resource pack since there is a "Resource pack" tag in the "Your work" section of the forum.
    And, seriously are you willing to install a totalitarianist system on the Wynncraft resource pack ? Because Wynncraft wouldn't be anywhere without its community that it have now.

Zero_MC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.