1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are Element Tanks Balanced?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 19, 2017.

?

What is your opinion on element tank builds?

1. I think element tank builds are totally balanced.

14 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. I think element tank builds are balanced, but over-used.

45 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I think element tank builds are overpowered.

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I think element tank builds are overpowered and over-used.

74 vote(s)
    35.1%
  5. I think element tank builds are underpowered.

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. I think element tanks are necessary in any build.

20 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. I think element tanks are overused.

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  8. I think the system is broken, so if it were fixed they would be fine.

88 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They took a long time to get because you were never meant to get more than one of them. They should NOT be fine to wear together because you never were meant to and that will not change.

2. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Anime Infused Mage Helmet lol me = dying of laughter
    'Enter Lvl 40 wizard'

T-Flex likes this.
  3. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did it on purpose tho
    Can't think of anything for the other two

4. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was laughing at your typo, not the actual choice for the class. It actually makes complete sense for ANIMA (not anime) to be a mage class specific item.

5. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know
    I made the typo thing on purpose
    What mage wouldn't want to be infused with anime and hentai

Stag2001 likes this.
  6. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Too high of a nerf, literally breaks many builds that only use one piece. Also people can't redeem them back into Master Vouchers sooo...

Pokextreme likes this.
  7. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Breaking News! you can :p
    When might that be changed? I understand accessories being worn together makes sense (since prowess intensity and contrast have their own defined uses right now), but the armor definitely needs to be reworked so that you can't wear more than 2 pieces at once. For example: Stardust, Boreal Patt, Vaward, Gaea, insert 2x generic rings definately not called Prism here, prowess, giga or build specific neck (maybe DFN). Example is also here. Not only is it too easy to just throw 2 pieces of these end game equipment on, but just having gaea and boreal gives players 200 raw spell and 20% melee!!!!! That is not only incredible, but the only other BOOTS that come close to giving 200 raw spell are Memento and Capricorn! both of those items have 1100 HP LESS because they are balanced by a massive sp req (130 [65 agi 65 int] on capricorn and 80 int on memento). If these items had 4000 hp, they would be comparable to gaea. The sheer intensity of the stats that gaea and the other master hive items have is incredible, but currently overpowered. I have 2 suggestions on how to balance these.

1. Lower the hp pools of these items to only 50-150 hp above the next highest of each type, ie. lower gaea to 3400, (anima's and boreal's hp pools are actually in line with most others lol ), heph -700 hp (like really, +20 ws, 250 hp regen, 2/4 mana steal, AND 4500 hp, wtf).

2. Increase the SP reqs for some of the skills while buffing defs corresponding to those skills. Then entirely remove another skill req for the item and the corresponding def. This would make each of the items more specialized for specific def and 'unique' rather than blanket 'op' items and prevent ALL BUILD FROM USING THE SAME EXACT SET OF ITEMS I MEAN REALLY C'MON. ie. remove defense req and fire def from anima, while raising the skill requirement to 66 for Dex and Int. By doubling the req to 66, the pattern of 33 is kept, and it means the helmet could even be given another 15% dmg to thunder and water! Maybe even 3/4 mr! Doing something like this might help reacquire the target for each of these pieces, rather than painting them as items "everyone needs, and needs all of these pieces to be competitive".

8. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Builds that only use one piece aren't element tanks

9. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EXACTLY!! If you only allow classes to use 1 piece of armor each, then users are forced to get creative lol.

10. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I stated the idea of classes makes it so builds that use one piece are still penalyzed. A warrior that bought a pair of Hephaestus-Forged Greaves can't use it. Woopdie Doo, what a waste of a voucher.

It also streamlines available options way too much. Raw Spell Mage relies on only one piece of Hive Armor - Gaea-Hewn Boots. Now that it can't use it, it's way more forced into fewer options that also don't help it when it was already balanced.

Gaea-Hewn Boots have less HP than Snail Boots and higher reqs.

Hephaestus-Forged Greaves has less HP than Greaves of the Veneer.

11. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As I said,
    Also maybe there could also be some new armour pieces so each class could have 2 pieces at once. Though other people's ideas seem way easier than this

NicBOMB likes this.
  12. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The difference between this and the Set Bonus suggestion is what makes Set Bonus a better option.

The difference is that Set Bonus doesn't harm non-abusive players. Not to mention it also doesn't streamline the meta-game.

13. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    - ws and only 7% def max, and that doesn't even take into account that in order for Snail to be comparable it would NEED MAX HP ROLL XD. Why not complete a quest and receive a better snail boots for free am I right? Also, the reqs are lower. Confused? Lemme explain. If you wear prowess, DFN, vaward, prisms, and stardust (like almost every build now) then gaea is rediculously easy to reach the 3 lower mins for. Getting snail boots is worthless cause gaea is just as easy to put on a build AND has WAY MORE USEFUL STATS THAN AN EXTRA 100 HP IF YOU GET A MAX ROLL FFS. Exploding, Spell dmg, elemental dmg, and +275 def to 3 DIFFERENT ELEMENTS SAY WHAT.
    same refute as snail. except even worse cause the reqs for heph are WAY WAY WAY higher than snail boots lol. without dedicating at least 30-40 sps just to strength and def, you will not be able to wear them. They already have a clear place in the meta rn. Also, you literally have ONE MORE HP THAN HEPH ON A MAX ROLL. WHOOP DE DOO DE DAH. 1 HP! EVERY LVL ONE PLAYER JUST IGNORED THAT 1 HP TOO.

Stag2001 likes this.
  14. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    IMO simply raising the requirements is something that should have been done a looooong time ago when the other items are being changed. I mean, Hive armor is only 99 total skill points requirement while an item like Thanos Legionnaire Chestplate is 150! Hell, even the Troubled Tribesman armor, which is in the 70s, has a 150 requirement as well as severely restricting the ability to use other elements. If the requirement was raised to something like, say, 66 SP in the used elements, the skill points would actually be somewhat restrictive and would be much more difficult to use in conjunction with each other. I can already think of a couple builds off the top of my head that "abuse" Hive Armor Synergies that wouldn't be possible if this nerf occurred. I get that Hive armor is supposed to be up there, but this would at the very least bring it down to earth a bit.

15. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As for the sp, explain how this build can't muster enough for Gaea-Hewn Boots but can have enough for Snail:
    Centipede
    CoI
    Electro-charged Greaves
    ---

(Try and use any accessories you like)

Alkatraz

Woop Di Doo looks like sp reqs actually balance the game.

200 Raw Spell without other Raw Spell gear is fairly useless. Once exploding+Steals is fixed, Exploding won't matter nearly as much. Snail Boots have HP Regen which allow easy usage of items like Summa, Electro-Charged Greaves, etc. You also seem to need a reminder that tier does indeed affect the strength of items (albeit outliers like Ardiente exist). See how close a Low Set Item came to a Legendary Master Hive item.

---

Hephaestus-Forged Greaves are Fire-Air(-Thunder). Their Element Combination in addition to them being Hive Items can easily show why they have such high HP. You also seem to forget that Greaves of Veneer were once the go-to piece of gear for Rainbow Builds with 100 raw Earth-Fire and 13% in Thunder/Water/Air. Greaves of the Veneer also have enough HP regen for Summas and a whole lot of sp in Defense/Strength.

Vaward and Gemini also regularly compete well against Hephaestus-Forged Greaves, hence why you don't see Hephaestus-Forged Greaves in Element Tanks. Not to mention that their HP isn't too low by comparison.

---

All in all, Class restrictions in of themselves are much too hazardous. I prefer Set Bonus. On a sidenote, I don't think Hive Gear is too op, unless you use multiple pieces of Hive armor.

Emeraldruler and Hephaestus like this.
  16. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is actually the only reason why Alka melee's potential is severely restricted - if Gaea-Hewn worked with it then it would actually be incredibly overpowered, whereas now it's pretty balanced compared to Apoc and Grim melee.
    Also, that build looks familiar :P

Another reason why Hive items need an SP increase, because Selvut I know you wanna nerf +tier and decreasing the usability of Hive items in tier builds (because almost all well-developed tier builds either have Gaea-Hewn or Heph) will also do just that.

A separate thread should probably be made about Hive stuff... this thread was meant to be about rainbow items in general and almost all the discussion right now is about Hive armor

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  17. kokonut_pi

kokonut_pi ( ~ ' - ' ) ~ HERO

Minecraft:
    Make the Hive Armor become Set items that have the following Set 'bonuses':

2-piece:
    -25% Earth Defense
    -25% Thunder Defense
    -25% Water Defense
    -25% Fire Defense
    -25% Air Defense
    -1/4s Mana Regen
    3-piece:
    -25% Earth Damage
    -25% Thunder Damage
    -25% Water Damage
    -25% Fire Damage
    -25% Air Damage
    -35% Earth Defense
    -35% Thunder Defense
    -35% Water Defense
    -35% Fire Defense
    -35% Air Defense
    -2/4s Mana Regen
    -1500 Health
    4-piece:
    -35% Earth Damage
    -35% Thunder Damage
    -35% Water Damage
    -35% Fire Damage
    -35% Air Damage
    -50% Earth Defense
    -50% Thunder Defense
    -50% Water Defense
    -50% Fire Defense
    -50% Air Defense
    -3/4s Mana Regen
    -3000 Health
    -60% Walk Speed​

Reflects the effect of combining overwhelmingly contrasting elements as their effects begin to compete and cancel each other out, causing chaos within the user.

Problem solved.

Oh and fix the formula.

Also nerf tier stacking.

Halve their raw defense while you're at it too.

Then all that's left is to nerf Cataclysm, Grimtrap, Stratiformis, Spring and Gaia.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Hephaestus likes this.
  18. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Meh I feel like the bulk of the debuffs should start at 2-Piece and slowly add more for the other tiers.

19. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If you nerf everything to the ground people will run to bug-abusing more, leave some space for rare items, like most of the ones you listed (grim excluded, that shit is op), to be more powerful so that instead of trying to break the game people try to be the best.

20. Zerozcraft

Zerozcraft Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    But if you have more classes then what ?
    So you are nerfing them to be usless if used together ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.