1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are Element Tanks Balanced?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 19, 2017.

?

What is your opinion on element tank builds?

1. I think element tank builds are totally balanced.

14 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. I think element tank builds are balanced, but over-used.

45 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I think element tank builds are overpowered.

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I think element tank builds are overpowered and over-used.

74 vote(s)
    35.1%
  5. I think element tank builds are underpowered.

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. I think element tanks are necessary in any build.

20 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. I think element tanks are overused.

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  8. I think the system is broken, so if it were fixed they would be fine.

88 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomix

Tomix og HERO

Minecraft:
    Defense needs rework.Nerfing won't fix anything.It's like chosing between tank and shit damage,or glass canon.If you want to use semi tank build your damage won't be good and you still won't be really tanky.

Emeraldruler likes this.
  2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The issue there is that they were never meant to be worn together. You were only meant to get one of each piece per class, so while it may have potential to be mixed it should not be. I am torn between what to do.

3. Emeraldruler

Emeraldruler God of Emeralds | Fire Mage VIP

Minecraft:
    Once again it is my opinion. But in terms of overall balance, reducing synergy between the items would make sense. I would say making the negatives higher to have them potentially match or outdo the bonuses given on other pieces (I.e. Since the positive defense/damage is 15% make the negatives -20% or -25% to make it more of a loss using the items together). Hive armors will always have some synergy to a degree though due to that all the elements are on three different pieces (except earth), so if I wanted to do a thunder/water spell build for example hive helmet and chest will work together due to sharing two elements (water and thunder) but the negatives for the other elements won't matter as much due to them not being the build's focus. This may make a potential option of having the items be for even more specific builds than they already are but this runs the risk of overspecializing them to the point of being useless in anything but a very specific build.

The thing to consider though is right now elemental defense plays too much of a role in the game (imo) as having a high amount makes you insanely tanky but having negative can easily be your death especially against bosses like wybel or LI, I've noticed this in high elemental based bosses. Along with that a major problem is that defense as a skill point only blocks neutral when it should be blocking all damage types (this one is more of a coding that an item problem but still), right now it's better to go agility unless you are doing a fire build or war scream abuse build since agility can block all damages but defense only blocks the neutral making it near useless outside of the previously mentioned builds.

Holy wall of text, rip fingers mobile sucks.
    Edit: as a side note I hope I'm making some sense, I typically get less understandable the more tired I get.

T-Flex, Jacquie, Stag2001 and 2 others like this.
  4. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I said this earlier, and maybe you read it, but putting negative skill points on the hive armor might be the best idea, at least for the hive item situation. Putting negative skill point id's on the hive items would discourage players from attempting to wear multiple hive armor's at once. The negative skill point id's could be set so it doesn't completely take away the ability to wear multiple hive armors, but have it set at a point where it heavily discourages the wearing of multiple hive armors at once. This also fixes the hive items being used in a rainbow tank build (since they never should have been anyway), as most of the rainbow tank items call for many skill points in each section, and having a heavy skill point debuff on the hive armors would take away the ability to wear items like morph stardust with the hive armor.

Increasing the skill point requirement of the hive armor would also help, as it would take away the ability to spread skill points around, but doing that might be too extreme.

This doesn't exactly fix the rainbow tank problem as a whole, since there are still other options players can choose to still make an effective rainbow build, but putting negative skill points id's on items that aren't meant to be used as rainbow tank builds might help. You'd just have to be careful what items you put the negative skill point id's on.

5. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    #1 That will not effect old items. People who have the old hive gear will continue to use the builds. Doing anything like that is a mistake, and I'm sure @Selvut283 know that.
    #2 New players will be upset because old players have the same items but without the nerfs.

Raising the skill point requirements instead of giving debuffs would be better, but old players who bought the items for one build will riot because Salted killed Selvut on letting Hive Item exchanges.

6. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    huh

can you say that again pls :/

7. SgtClips

SgtClips Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    You could make the Hive Armor a set armor that gives debuffs when 2 or more pieces are worn together.

Stag2001 likes this.
  8. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    because Salted killed Selvut on letting Hive Item exchanges.

9. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    like, differently..

I don't understand what you mean

10. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Selvut wanted to be able to trade back hive items for tokens, but Salted said no

11. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    O, ok thanks.

And yeah, that makes sense. Don't want someone swapping builds for free (compared to the massive price of a hive piece)

12. WhettoWen

WhettoWen desperatly need a fatal but poor

Guild:
    A mix of them, espically the chest and pants basically creates amazing defenses while still having great ID's. I think hive items are fine just you can't mix them (and make en refundable xoxo)

Emeraldruler likes this.
  13. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Perhaps they could be a set with major negative set bonuses for wearing more than one? That would be a practical way to make nerf the use of more than one at a time. I guess something would have to be added in their lore that says how Qira ensures that the power of each cancels out that of the others so that people wouldn't think there'd be positive set bonuses.

14. Emeraldruler

Minecraft:
    Something like this would be optimal, it doesn't directly nerf the items but makes using them together a negative thing.

The lore it wouldn't be hard to write in though the lore on the items is already fairly long. As for changing the tier of an item it has been done before in the form of doubt which was accidentally released as a normal but changed to a rare later like it was intended to be.

15. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I assume someone else already said what I'm going to, but I'm too busy atm to read every single reply, but,
    could you make hive pieces part of a set that give you negative stats if worn together?

I'd prefer you nerfing the "set" rather than the items. I have hive pants, and if you nerfed them, I'd be heavily disappointed considering I can't
    chose something else. It's possible I'd go with hive bow if pants had different stats to begin with.

If not, I guess you can nerf items too, I'll get over it eventually.

sdkgjnio and Emeraldruler like this.
  16. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

Stag2001 likes this.
  17. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You don't have much options at this point. If they weren't supposed to be worn together, then make them accordingly.
    You will have to nerf something.

18. Emeraldruler

Minecraft:
    I am unsure as to what you want us to tell you, perhaps providing more information on what you are wanting to change about the items so we may give better feedback? Currently you are telling us the items shouldn't be used together as that wasn't their intent yet you are also telling us that making them unable to be used together is too drastic, are you suggesting they should be able to be used together yet it is inefficient compared to other combos or are you suggesting something else? Giving more information on the subject will help us better determine what you are wanting and how we can possibly assist in what should be done to balance the items.

T-Flex likes this.
  19. Zerozcraft

Zerozcraft Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    In my opinion all hive master armor pieces should be able to wear together without being usless.
    In my opinion to balance hive master armor, remove 100 base elemental defense.
    I use hive weapons and all hive master armor together, it taked a lot of time to get and i like to use them for a long time.

20. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just got a crazy idea
    What if we give Hive Armour a class restriction? That'll probably break many builds, so they also should receive a buff and maybe even more stats.
    What I think they should be is
    Anime-Infused Helmet - Mage
    Boreal-Patterned Aegis - Archer
    Hephaestus-Forged Greaves - Assassin
    Michael Bay-Directed Boots - Warrior
    There should also be a temporal way to trade the items back to master voucher if you can't use the one you have

This is probably way more retarded than I realise

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.