Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Another Mystery Quest Like ???

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Potatomancer, Mar 13, 2021.

?

Should we get another mystery hunt?

1. Yes, I’m a veteran and solving it was very fun!

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Yes, I’m new but ??? was very fun to do

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No (why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, ??? is enough.

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Yes, even if ??? was a pain

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. No, ??? was pain

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    Its been long since there has been one like this, and the community has grown since then so another would be fun for newcomers like me! Probably name it !!! because it references ??? and probably make it at level 90.

2. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    There is no option for me. Yes I want a new puzzle quest but solving it was hell and I don’t want to relive it.

Potatomancer likes this.
  3. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    ok adding poll option for that

StormDragon4 likes this.
  4. pesto

pesto Can has cookie? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The first time around, I hated it. But it got easier after that and now it's the only quest I look forward to doing lmao

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damn, I so wish I played Wynn when this came out. Would've been so fun to solve the mysteries and stuff

Yeah, I want another ??? style quest

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  6. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Although it could be great, but you need to remember that people either hate ??? or just do not really want to do it

Melkor likes this.
  7. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ohms gale ohms gale

8. TMoney1909

TMoney1909 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I suppose it would be nice for another quest like ???, but it would need to be really unique cause not many players want to do ??? once never mind twice per class.

9. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    I would agree with this but I loathe ??? and though it may be harsh it is literally the only thing I think wynn has done badly (though I do see the appeal, it's just awful for some). I mean I think another puzzle could be cool but I think it'd be better if it wasn't a quest - sort of like the clock mystery where you can find different clues around the world and then just solve. I wouldn't mind ??? if it wasn't a quest since I don't want to redo it but I always like to try and 100% everything on play throughs (well everything except ???) - hence why I wouldn't want to see another one cause then
    [​IMG]

Alternatively, they could just remake ???, therefore there wouldn't be two awful quests. Also, if a new quest is made, it should definitively be able to solo it, even if it means you have to do it for a bit longer because part of the problem with ??? is it becomes increasingly harder to find people to do it with you. I'm sure many people would do it again, if you could solo it and while I do get it is an MMO rpg, not everyone plays with friends.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  10. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    I think ??? is a good quest, but it depends on each's opinion....

Greedus likes this.
  11. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think this would be great - but it would need to be possible as a singleplayer quest.
    I think the problem with ??? is that you need multiple people to play it.
    That's my problem with it at least.

Greedus likes this.
  12. Greedus

Minecraft:
    As I said I can understand the appeal but as someone who likes to 100% all quests each playthrough, I always skip this one because it's just too tedious getting the people and organising it so everyone does the right thing. I like the puzzle elements, and if it were single player that'd be great but having a tough quest that never really guides you AND you need more people, it's just a living nightmare in hell, or at least that was what my only experience with this quest was, hence why I hate it

Nukewarmachine and TrapinchO like this.
  13. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Btw wiki exists.
    And I can assure you it is 100% up to date (maybe except some small details which I will go over when I get time)

14. Greedus

Minecraft:
    I mean sure, but doesn't that defeat the whole point of the quest anyway if you're just gonna rely on the wiki to do it? What's the point of adding another mystery quest if people will figure it out then it'll just go on the wiki and the same thing happens again. When I did, I joined someone else's group and they did use the wiki but even then communication about what everyone is supposed to be doing at 1 point is really hard, especially for people like me who don't use discord - I shouldn't have to rely and use external sources to play a game.

Oh and edit, for the person who's suggesting this, couldn't you just try and complete the quest with other people who haven't done it before and wish to do it without any help?

15. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Since it was more of acommunity event than anything... (quest only bevause stages and rewards) but yeah

Greedus and Melkor like this.
  16. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe if it doesn't require cooperation with other players. As someone who's been stuck in the same room of Lab N for like half an hour because someone refused to listen to the rest of the party and didn't know what they were doing, I would probably not do another puzzle that requires cooperation with other players. It's just not worth my time and blood pressure.

Greedus likes this.
  17. Greedus

Minecraft:
    I completely understand this and I whilst I wasn't high enough level at the time, I can imagine it actually being fun to find discover and work out what to do, but that's my problem with this suggestion, I get the impression the person suggesting is wanting another mystery quest because of the atmosphere there was at the start and while I completely agree it would be cool, what about after like idk, 1 year once it's solved then it just becomes another tedious quest to do (unless it would be single player, but even then still annoying for a fair chunk of people).

I understand the need for it to be quest, since it has multiple stages but I always thought it should have had at least its own category or as a community event, make it a limited time only thing like the old Craftmas Quest and then you could hold more and people like me would be happy since it wouldn't be a blight in the quest book and people like you (I'm guessing) would be happy with multiple different puzzle challenges to complete.

TrapinchO likes this.
  18. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, something like that would probably work better.

I am the type of peoe who use wiki for any puzzle they do not do on the first or second try.
    Though I enjoy doing ??? for some reason lol

dr_carlos and Greedus like this.
  19. bearveryeayay

bearveryeayay Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I haven't done ??? but I know what it's about so yes me like lore yay

20. Pallodium

Pallodium Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Umm... What do u mean by 'Lore' here? The quest "???" only had small bits of lore about Yahya and his 3 brothers plus the meteors. There's not too much lore in this quest, and I can't see how the CT would be able to add quite a bit of lore to a puzzle quest.

However, I think a possible way to add some lore maybe is by putting this into pieces of the game with not too much past/backstory, such as the mesa, desert, or maybe even the Ocean. My reasoning for these things is it could add pieces of lore to those places that could fit into the story a little more. Perhaps having a quest where you enter a tomb near the desert and trigger a large quest stretching across mostly Wynn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.