1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    *cough* Changeblogs & livestreams *cough*

2. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well I agree, I belive that mods have power to AT LEAST, tell us why we're not getting the RtD update, and what we're going to get instead of it.

3. Heylo

Heylo Semi Retired Vet of Wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please guys do take your time. I personally support any delay if it means that the ux will be better. Because the player notices if you have to rush things so yeah take your time guys we'll be here waitin till RTD drops :D

HalfCat_ likes this.
  4. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Most mods don't have a role in the CT, and aren't allowed to disclose anything without the owner's permission like every other CT member. That power lies in Grian, Salted, and JP. I honestly have no idea why they've kept their intentions so hidden, especially since they were fickle. Either way, if they don't end up saying anything else about it, there's nothing we can do.

That_Chudley likes this.
  5. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
    And how frequently are those released may I ask? Last livestream from Grian I remember was for the Corkus update. We've had the Dungeons and Discoveries update and I don't recall seeing one(Might just be retarded and missed it but that's the point, you have to go LOOKING for them to find them, they're not within the easy access of all, also might be talking out of my ass, not sure)
    I do agree that they should take their time with it, but there's no harm in releasing some photos and such of the update on the forums. Maybe add a disclaimer if they're really nervous that the community might hype itself up too much.

That_Chudley, Tsuneo, Blokies and 3 others like this.
  6. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    The Gameplay Update. The first changeblog was released July 22, 2016, and the update was released about a month later.

7. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How am I unsulting them?

8. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    I don't know since I wasn't actively playing back then, so I can only comment at the state of the game as it is now. There's no end game content for most players. After soloing Legendary Island there's nothing to do. Guild wars are essentially who can attack faster and reinforce with mobs faster.

9. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Did you quote the wrong person?

10. Komo

Komo Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    All these hate comments need to take a step back and take a page from the teams book and get a life. Play other games. Go have fun. The fact that someone can get so invested in a game like this is disturbing. I love the game but that doesnt mean any of us are entitled to anything. Go with the flow play the game and when you get bored do something else until the next update. Do your homework or something lol. I got bored with wynn and bought subnautica and monsterhunter. When those get boring ill probably watch some anime. Point is, dont get so invested in 1 thing or youll get personally offended when the slightest delay happens. Just take what they give us, enjoy it and move on.

11. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    We're not spreading hate speech, we're discussing the updates. I don't mind if it gets delayed, I have plenty of stuff on my plate already, but there really should have been a little bit more clarity with the community

12. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am not talking about COMPLETELY shutting down information flow. Of course it's good to tell the community that an update is 70% done, but as we can see now, by saying the contents of the next update and hyping up the community, you are almost oblidged to press out that specific update, or else, you will disappoint MANY people.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  13. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "We're not getting what we wanted so we're angry"

"Go get a life!"

We actualluy gave legitimate crticisms and all you can see is hate? Also it's not distrurbing to get invested in a game that like Dr Zed said, I invested at least 80$ in.

Sonick and Dr Zed like this.
  14. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    The irony in the first statement just hit me like a brick covered in lemon juice.

HalfCat_ and SUPER M like this.
  15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    I do agree with you that you shouldn't have a game have control over your well-being, though that DOESN'T mean that you can't criticize anyone or be at least disappointed for only a little bit. As a game designer, if you really want other people to play your game, you should try to make your game as enticing as possible. Having an attitude of, "Oh you can't criticize my game," will end up dissociating the people that put money into your game and killing it. And paying $80 for an unfinished game and waiting for 8 months with no word on it is definitely a reason to be unhappy. Most games have better standards than this one.

SUPER M likes this.
  16. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not even playing Wynncraft anymore. I only played once in the last three months. But as a long time member of the community I don't want to be led to beluive that there's one thing that's going to be added, only to get the information that it'ds getting postponed.

17. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Large companies with fully paid full-time employees often delay releases by long times, and this is a group of almost entirely volunteers working on this because they enjoy it. You can’t possibly expect them to release everything on time. And either way, 1.18 is still being released! It’s just not Dern.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  18. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Like they have done here? Without releasing almost any information?
    We need to know what's going on.

19. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And now you are bending it out into the extreme. Hey, if you follow the thought train about why guns should be forbidden in the USA, you will end up in a dictatorship since no one can defend themselfes.

I was only saying that, IF YOU SAY SOMETHING THAT HURTS SOMEONE, DONT CRAWL BACK AND SAY "eh dude it wasnt serious so its okay if I say it". I wasn't even saying what you are currently trying to make me sound like. All I said was that it is an asshole move to say something and say it is okay to do so, even if it is obviously wrong. It is wrong to hurt someone offesively. That is a fact. Whether you still do it or not, is your thing and your thing alone. But saying it is okay because it wasn't serious, that is wrong. And I am not going to discuss with you here. From reading your comments etc. I kinda get what type of person you are. And this is not meant to insult you or anyone else. I just cba to discuss with you.

20. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    That is completely out of context due to the very reason you stated. That one group is full time paid employees and the other volunteers. We DONT expect them to release everything on time. We do however would like a bit of clarity in the process of the updates.

That_Chudley, Tsuneo, SUPER M and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.