1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

All this math; there should be a spreadsheet or something

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The orcs in the quest cave (which I also think is the case since it has the gate) are spawning at a good rate for me using what I have now, so I may use them to get to 40 so I can try the other set up.

mana regen subbing in the Spirit isn't nearly as good, though steal is better. But the power difference computed is quite substantial. Going to play around with pants choices also, but I suspect the 100 health points will be a bad trade for what I will lose without the Alternator pair.
    The Alternator pair causes a mana slow down, but adds major punch to spells and main attack. I think it is going to come down to deciding it the mana regen is still fast enough. I was still taking a few out with straight up arrow shots and those will be stronger.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  2. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When making your choice, just note that if you run out of mana while in a fight, you're pretty screwed. Most of the times I've died were because I ran out of mana mid fight, rendering me unable to escape massive amounts of damage.

ThedumbOX and CrypticLucid like this.
  3. DeltaWave

DeltaWave I miss cancelstack VIP

Minecraft:
    Tbh im just at tl;dr
    So im giving random advices based on the context lol

4. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I took both bows outside the gate and cast spells until they emptied and let them fill and it was roughly the same. Always seems too slow. But there is a difference in power that is not subjective. A single arrow bomb now takes out orcs from a distance. What is subjective to some degree is that I cast less often or seemed to with the stronger bow because I was taking out more things before they got in close. Well except for a new thing; levelling up does come with consequences. I met the death spitting squid from hell. Rapid fire high damage projectiles. Decided to give up 20 hp to switch back to Almuj's boots for the walking speed.

I randomly take advice, so that works. If you read it all, you would just figure out I have already told you more than I know. I really appreciate the link, explanation and opinions you provided. I was not considering nearly enough factors by mostly looking at hp and dps. I also discarded some things because I didn't think I could get the numbers right to use them and the other stuff.

Both of you and others have been extremely helpful and I am very grateful for the help.

5. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    This is one of the best forum convos I have ever read

shacers, Dream, luckeyLuuk and 2 others like this.
  6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Field testing is proving that point pretty conclusively. Alternator leggings are my biggest source of angst. The spirit bow is an upgrade over the rage however I bundle things. The rage's multiplier just can't make up for the gap in base damage. But with either bow, it is often the case that the last thing I see before the big white letters that say "You have died" are the little red letters that say "you don't have enough mana to cast this spell". Alternator leggings cripple mana regen speed. But what they do to the attack number, and by extension spell numbers, is so seductive. The tradeoff I have is a pair of Mithril leggings that give me another 100 hp and mana regen is substantially better.

7. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do follow advice sometimes. I sold some things I found and bought the Thunderbolt and necklace from the market. The rings and bracelet were loot. I cleared a couple of caves in the desert and a couple around Llevigar. I am also doing the "Clearing the camps" quest and it is like a grinding loot run. I have one of the three heads. Mostly did it with the Spirit set up, but a little while ago I made level 42. The Thunderbolt is definitely an upgrade. I used my ability point from 41 to get Thunder mastery in preparation for getting the bow. I keep having to stop and run or ride back into town to empty slots. It is still challenging and I do get killed sometimes, but that is as it should be.

Decent build for lv 42? 1658 hp. The info box from hovering over the bow in game says I am getting an average dps of 318.
    T4 Earth in the leggings to try to make up for the deficit the bow deals (everything has a tradeoff). T4 Water in the bow.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#5_0tA0FX0SD01Q0jz0c70qm08C0po0L0K0H0H0c0g00000zz++++-
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Yume
    > Erratio
    > Mithril Leggings
    > Almuj's Walker
    > Sandust
    > Morph-Emerald
    > Union
    > Charm of the Tick
    > Thunderbolt []

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  8. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll Trial-Mod CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cool blog 10/10

luckeyLuuk and ThedumbOX like this.
  9. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess I have sort of turned it into one; I have a habit of that. Thanks.

10. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This build is great! Even though the bow says 318 dps, according to WynnBuilder, you are actually getting 1503 dps! My only suggestion would be to upgrade your boots to Lycoris or Galloping Spurs if you find them.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's already slightly out of date as I swapped out the pants for a better legendary pair. Yeah, I keep my eye out for boots, but I *really* like the walk speed boosts. I have the ability on to get spell boosts from it
    It's a raw point per % point, but every little bit helps. Bow shots are effective but spells are really good. Walked up to Olax and a lot of stuff that I stared shooting a ways off made it pretty close, but once in guardian angel range they were toast. Anyway, with my walk speed what it is and still on a T1 horse, I am not sure how much spurs would buy me. Going to try Ice Burrows to see if I can at least partially update the horse. Maybe spring for a T2. I do get some stuff from the market, but it is usually trading up, selling something for close to and in some cases more than than I pay for the next.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#5_0tA0FX0LL01Q0jz0c70qm08C0po0H0K0H0H0c0i00000zz++++-

I entered my abilities also, but link doesn't seem to show them. Not sure how to do powders, either. The deficiencies that show have been at least somewhat mitigated.

I have not come close to running out of mana in a while. Messing around in the higher level areas, I can die pretty quickly if I do let something get to me or try to go mano a monstero in a ranged weapon fight. I will still usually win a couple of those, but get health too low to survive another.

My personal rule on higher level areas is to always walk in. That makes it a reasonable assumption that I can ride back if I respawn in a town that I barely made it into and get killed trying to make it back out of the area on foot.

luckeyLuuk, ThedumbOX and Namakobushi like this.
  12. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The main reasons I suggest galloping spurs are the extra 360 health you would gain from them, and the massive boost to xp. Also, they still give walk speed, so you won't lose much of that. The +main attack% is also nice

13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    unfinished thought in there...

my style of play, particularly in combat, is pretty much dependent on decent walking speed. I am still very far behind in quests and dungeons, btw. Parkour, gimmicks or puzzle I don't feel like messing with hold me back. The annoying one is Sandy Scandal, because I can't use the bank in Almuj. I am at the end and have been standing on the 3rd TNT plate for the last 5 seconds or so of the countdown a few times and still been blown up.

ThedumbOX and Namakobushi like this.
  14. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you want to keep massive amounts of walk speed, then ideally the next boots you should use would be Seven-League boots. I understand the difficulty of finding legendaries, and my only recommendation would be to explore obscure caves and loot obscure chests.

15. SpikyParka560

SpikyParka560 Actual Insane Person CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Just to repeat a quote I said last year:
    "I have a strong belief that a majority of the classbuilders in this community are going to be some of the best math teachers."

luckeyLuuk, ThedumbOX and shacers like this.
  16. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    for someone with arthritis you sure type a lot...

no but actually i love how i get to see into someone elses early game experience, especially using wynnbuilder which is not something i used early game (partially due to me playing assassin pre 2.0 which could use items 10+ levels under current level and still kill onlevel bosses) and its interesting to see a new player find it so quickly.

also i dont play archer so i cant relate as much to your troubles lol. have you tried sst yet? (sand swept tomb) the quest is stupidly long and like someone said above (maybe earthbrine?) has really weird hard parkour

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  17. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bought hose boots, but have a logistical problem actually wearing them.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder/#5_0tA0FX0LL0kb0jz0c70qm08C0po0H0K0H0H1C0j00000zz++++-

Typing is way easier than playing games. I know it is a largely mental thing, but I cannot help tensing up in games and that is the real killer. Also, I just paid closer attention and somewhere along the line I have trained myself not to use my left thumb at all while typing.

Someone in this thread pointed me at Wynnbuilder because I was having a tough time figuring out how to assign points. Even though it is frustrating to find out that what I currently have can't work together, at least I know that for sure.

Going to see if maybe there is some jewelry available to up some points for me...

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder/#5_0tA0FX0LL0IZ0jz0c70qm08C0po0P0K0H0H0c0j00000zz++++-

yeah, they were at the market and not crazy priced

and another shout out for wynnbuilder; I am wearing them...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  18. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ThedumbOX and Namakobushi like this.
  20. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    last "blog" entry for tonight; a few joints complaining. People kept throwing up double XP while I was in the orc camps. Went as far as the swamps and down into a swamp orc cave but left when I got t the parkour while under attack from ranged weapons section. Treated myself to a piece of jewelry when I got back to Llevgar because I obviously need even more main attack and xp boost. :sunglasses:

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder/#5_0tA0FX0LL0IZ0jz0al0qm08C0po0P0S0A060c0l00000zz++++-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.