Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

All this math; there should be a spreadsheet or something

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am an archer. I just got this legendary 138 dps bow and I am above the minimum level. But apparently I don't have enough intelligence to use this bow. How hard can it be? :confused:

So I look at skills and see I have a ton of defense, so I figure I will take it down a bit and maybe adjust somewhere else. Only a couple of clicks down and I get a warning about possibly not qualifying. I thought it was a general warning because it was so high; clicked again and it dropped dramatically as my pants and helmet came off and dropped into my inventory. So I cranked it back up so I could get dressed.

What I would really like to see is how many actual points I have and what combinations I could get out of it. The totals for health, mana, weapon dps and the over/under numbers for elemental protection and damage dealing. I have been mostly concerned with getting the health and dps numbers as high as I can and on individual pieces of armor and bows, choosing powder(s) based on its deficiencies.

Because of my earlier experience with armor loss, I do keep some reasonable alternatives in the bank as well as ones that seem better but that I don't currently qualify for. Also keep some bows; I lost one that was probably an accidental drop on my part. If I looked harder at numbers, I probably would have kept a few that I have gotten rid of. I am probably putting too much credence in health and dps. Certain mobs are going to kill me more quickly than others if I am not evenly balanced in my elemental defense. High dps with a severe deficiency in an element is going to be an issue against some mobs. There is so much more to this than running and shooting/hacking at enemies.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  2. Undismal

Undismal Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
  3. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
  4. DeltaWave

DeltaWave I miss cancelstack VIP

Minecraft:
    If you have any problems dealing with your build, try using the site above. You can put in the armor you are using, your level and even your ability tree, then take a wider look at your stats.
    Use /itemlock to prevent accidental item loss.
    Elemental defence doesnt matter much, really depends on the type of dmg a mob deals. I suggest not worrying about that until endgame.

5. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure that the points shown on your stats page is the base amount that you have.

6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I learned about itemlock and have been using it. I also remapped drop to - (minus/dash).

Tried the site mentioned. Not clear what to put in for slots. if I start to type in an element, it goes red. It has a little information icon, but it doesn't do anything. When I entered armor without the slots and then my current skill point values, it said I have 9 left, but I don't have any. If I touch anything up top, it resets the actual skill point data I just finished entering. It's not clear to me what it shows me that the UI in game doesn't.
    Anyway, that's a start, but still a ways off from what I am wishing for. I have some alternates for armor and weapon, but because of the skill point requirements for use, I can't mix and match as I please. I would like something where I can input my inventory and have it show me the alternatives and what they would provide in dps. I have a couple of things in the bank that require higher intelligence settings, but depending on where I get the points, I may lose something else. The wynngps there is nice, though I wish it would use more of the screen for the map.

ThedumbOX likes this.
  7. lemonalade

lemonalade [insert misinformation here] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is because powders have multiple tiers. Just typing in F for a Fire Powder isn't useful since there's Tier 1 to 6. You have to specify the tier

This is because Wynnbuilder is designed to calculate the minimum amount of skill points needed to use the gear you inputted so you can efficiently use your remaining skill points. So if you add more armor that, say for example, has +10 Defense, then it's going to automatically recalculate and invest those 10 Defense points in so you can use your extra skill points elsewhere. This site is a 10x more advanced than the compass in-game (the compass doesn't even tell you how much damage your spells do lol)

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK, now I get it. I see how I would have to shift around to get what I want. I will give it a try later. I really want an alternate bow I have. Extra health might be less of an advantage than more attacking power in most fights that I am losing. It seems like I usually either win handily or lose. I rarely win with less than half of my health remaining at the end. I think a lot of that has to do with being an archer. If mobs are consistently making contact, I am going to lose. It is showing me some really low numbers for some skills, which I had been trying to avoid. Maybe balance doesn't really fit all classes and gear.

9. DeltaWave

Minecraft:
  10. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Spooked me for a second knowing my inventory, but I guess this clue "I just got this legendary 138 dps bow and I am above the minimum level" was all you needed. The one I am using right now is skin piercer, so I am on point with the suggestions in the thread using that and trying to upgrade to nemract's rage. The levels and grades (like common, rare, legendary) are another dynamic that can get confusing. I have run across a few higher level bows that are rare or unique but definitely not upgrades to a legendary bow that is a few levels lower. My armor is piecemeal, not a set, though it is currently all gold, so I doesn't look like a preschooler that dressed themselves. I pretty much go for high health without too much in downsides and will take a little less health for some of the bonuses in walk speed or total damage or whatever. The way I am playing, I probably won't complete the desert dungeon for some time, though progress does seem to come in leaps rather than incrementally. Reconfiguring to use nemract's rage might be one of them.

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think I need to reconfigure my abilities also. I focused on getting down to Leap as I thought it would help in parkour and it only sort of does. I think I need to get rid of it and refined gunpowder for now and go back up for Nimble String and Cheaper Storm, which I didn't get because I was focused on getting down to Leap. I wish I could get better at parkour. Anyway, concentrating on guardian angel (shield) and storm fits my style more than worrying about bomb or leap, especially since leap isn't the magic bullet for parkour I hoped it would be.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  12. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I took a few minutes and adjusted skill points and abilities. I have Nemract's Rage, armor that gets me to 1080, Nimble String and Stomp, which I didn't have before, still ended up with Gunpowder but not Leap; didn't qualify at that point anyway because of different choices; I only had 4 boltslinger choices and it requires 5. So I have my best bow, spells about as strong as I can get them and abt the highest total health I could get. Weird thing on that. I have a couple of helmets - both qualify - but the one with the lower health boost causes me to end up with a higher total.

Thanks for the pointers and link to the site. One of the big things that kept me from putting this together was reluctance to having my skills so out of balance.

I need to go over to Tavernes and climb the ridge. Just past where it turns red (instead of sand), you can coax some high level (for me) mobs up and have an easy escape if things aren't going well. With my Skin Piercer setup and a little less health, it was dicey. I would take out two or three and then some would make it to me and I would escape with maybe half my health.

Or maybe I will go try Lion's Lair. I was reading about it in the wiki. Progressive difficulty with a quasi boss at the end.

13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    running monologue continues. Thanks again; I played a while with the adjustments made. Found one simple upgrade outside of the game that helped; I have one of the little one hand mechanical gaming keyboards and my timing is improved on it, making more parkour jumps. The downside is that it may actually be a little worse as far as aggravating the thumb arthritis, but at least I am having more success as a tradeoff.

Anyway, I got yet another armor upgrade; a legendary Relic chest piece, and my health is up to 1150.

Testing it out, I did Lion's Lair twice, beating the "boss" both times, but the first time I relaxed too quickly, not realizing how many other tough mobs were in there that didn't care that the boss was dead. There are some tough ones with ranged attacks down there. The second time I managed to clear the room and get to the final loot chest - what a haul! I went in thin - just the bow, health potion (sipped often in there), horse and a little pocket change. Left with every single slot filled. Arrow bomb was key for me. I was spotting most of the ranged attackers before they started firing and with the bow upgrade and Gun powder ability, one arrow bomb shot is taking out a tough (for my level) mob or mobs, if they were bunched.

In between those two runs, I explored up where the Tribal quest is, down at Nesaak and did a nice cave near Tempo Town with a good loot chest at the end. Made it through the parkour in Infested Pit with the little keyboard. At this point the mobs were way overmatched and the combat was silly.

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    More monologue, but this time a follow up question. I am lagging behind my level in doing quests and dungeons and don't see that changing. It's basically how I have adjusted difficulty. I have managed to do a couple of on level quests, but not dungeons. Anyway, I have a Tourmaline Lyre in the bank. It requires lv 41, but I can pretty much guarantee you I will not have chaser yet. Like the rage, the lyre starts at a base dps of 138 and has 2 powder slots. The rage has 2 T3 waters and is now rated at 161 dps. I assume I could get the lyre to roughly the same. The bonuses are very different. The rage's +28% on spell damage is hard to ignore, but so is its -28% thunder defense. The lyre has a big bonus on health regen and a bump in loot and xp, negligible walk speed bonus and adds 5 points apiece to Agility and Defense. It seems like it might be a better "grinding when I don't expect too much trouble" bow. Is it worth the trouble? I know it won't be as simple as grabbing one or the other; points will have to shift, possibly even armor. I have started keeping a few pieces of armor that are close to the same but with different requirements in case I need to do some swapping to be able to swap out something else.

15. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Didn't you say that you aren't very good at parkour? Sand Swept Tomb (desert dungeon) has one of the most annoying parkours I've seen so far, since the parkour itself isn't that hard, but it's very long, and has no checkpoints.

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My parkour has had a dramatic improvement from starting to use a one hand mechanical keyboard, but still isn't great and long ones are an issue; the mechanical keyboard is harder on the arthritic thumb. Even with it, I took several tries to get over the short one early in the Lost Sanctuary Dungeon. But while that one is short it is unnerving; it explodes to reveal gaps in front of you and disappears burning behind you. To add to the annoyance, it blocks Escape, which I tried to use for a head start. I died before doing the second parkour as I was trying to do the dungeon blind before turning to wiki and video to figure out I was supposed to start parkour climbing and hopping tree tops. I lasted a long time in that room trying to figure out what to do. Eventually I was caught between 2 or 3 ranged attack mobs and couldn't figure out where one of them was. I think that will forever be the Achilles for boltslinger. I need to keep my back to the wall in dungeons and caves when possible so I can't get ringed and I only have 180 degrees to scan. More mana capacity would help also. If i have a shield up, I can only take a couple of bomb shots before needing to wait for the refill.

Hopefully my parkour will improve more. Can you pause on platforms in that one?
    but where I think your question is headed in answering mine, it's probably not that unlikely that I will get a chaser from a drop or chest before I get it from the dungeon. I have found 2 rages (only kept one).

17. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Chaser is a weapon that can only be obtained from the dungeon. You buy it from the dungeon merchant using dungeon fragments.

Endistic likes this.
  18. DeltaWave

Minecraft:
    If you dont feel like grinding for chaser, wait until lvl42 to use thunderbolt. Or maybe get a tempo trebuchet

Endistic likes this.
  19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am at 39 now and discovered that a cave just outside Llevigar is perfect for xp grinding though I didn't get much else. I just have to descend down a little ways and I can start drawing Orcs up and kill them cycling through my attack spells - arrow bomb and arrow storm - and occasionally a new guardian angel (shield). I read the wiki about mana and found out I needed to be alternating as using the same spell twice costs more the second time. I got an ability point at 39 and spent it on cheaper storm. The cave is a big room that appears to have a gate on the far side of whatever the column/structure in the middle is. A higher level player zipped in and went down to the gate and came right back and left, so there must be more to the story. Anyway, if you think of the entrance as a neck, there are ranged attackers against the wall at the shoulders. After having so much success with the orcs, I started advancing down into the room. That got me a quick ride back to the bank plaza in Llevigar for the low price of only 2 soul points.
    I checked the market and the second rage I found sold for over 900. There was a Spirit for 364(?) or so; can't remember exactly. It looks reasonable - 195 dps and no big downsides. I figure with some powders it will get well past 200 and make up for the spell boost the rage has and give me stronger regular shots. And I can play around with WynnBuilder to see what it takes. If it ends up not making sense or I find something better, I am out less than half of what I got for the second rage. First money I have spent anywhere but the powder shop and iD finder. My status was bugging me about buying something from the market as an objective since maybe lv 12 or so.
    But first I have to go back to that cave mouth and grind some orcs to get to 40, though I will play with WynnBuilder first. I also have some Mithril pants that would give me 100 more health points, but my Alternator boosts spell and main attack damage. The hard part after figuring what configurations I can make work is whether it makes sense to do it. Seeing how quickly I die is too subjective.
    oh, when i said I didn't get much besides xp, that isn't completely accurate. I collected over 50 beating sticks and was thinking I was going to be cashing them in with the blacksmith. yeah, no...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  20. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The fact that you got beating sticks from the stuff you killed means that you are grinding in a quest location. Nothing wrong with that, but just note that it isn't meant to be grinded, so spawn rates and xp given isn't ideal. For your level, the best grind spot is probably llevigar spiders, which is a cave with a chest that you can access by turning left after exiting llevigar. People who powerlevel tend to grind there until they can grind at herb cave (A grind spot in the jungle).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.