Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World A Slight Change To Champion Slots

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Invinci, Jan 29, 2021.

Tags:
?

Do you agree with this idea?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No: Please explain why

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invinci

Invinci Discord Invinci#6319 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At the moment every world has 5 champion slots, meaning up to 5 champion rank players can join a world that is full to everyone else, and non champions have to wait for 6 players to leave a world before getting a chance to join. While I have other objections to the p2w aspects of champion that's not what this thread is about.

Please read the two spoilers before casting a vote
    At the moment the 5 champion slots act like 5 regular slots that only champions can get into. This means that in a 55/55 world, if someone not in the champion slot leaves, one of the champion slots will open up, with a champion essentially filtering down into the regular slot. The consequence of this system is that a minimum of 6 people have to leave a server before a non champion player has a chance to get in.

Before champion all purchasable perks were, in my opinion, extremely well implemented. Ranks showed your support without giving any massive game-play advantages, and the throwers of bombs were thanked, rather than being resented for "paying to win". I believe this has somewhat changed with the introduction of champion, as it is hard not to feel a bit of resentment when you are trying to get into a bomb world and see 55/55.

My proposed solution is simple: Don't let champions who joined a world by getting into a champion slot filter down into any of the other 50 slots that open up. This would mean that those 5 champions would stay in those 5 slots, regardless of if other slots opened up. With this system a non champion would have a far better chance of getting into a full world, as 1 of 50 people would have to leave, instead of 6 of 55. This would lead to worlds where there are 5/5 champion slots filled but still spaces. I do not believe this would be a particularly noticeable change to champion players, but it would make a big difference to non champions, who are the majority of players.

2. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    If a non could join a world with 54 people that would defeat the purpose entirely.

quick007 and dr_carlos like this.
  3. ccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccc horse failure

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The non would be joining a world with 49 people. The champion slots need to be separate.

As things stand, it's nearly impossible for any non to get into a world with anything interesting going on. We have to join before the world fills up, and with champions getting bomb bell notifications this becomes much more difficult. If the world is already full, we have to hope that all the champion slots empty (5 people leave) before we even have a chance of joining. If a champion decides to join at any point during that wait, another slot gets filled and another person has to leave the world. Champion slots are completely p2w right now.

4. Invinci

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think it would, as that would not be a full world. Champions would still be able to get into full worlds, provided there are champion slots available, just like it is now. If a non champion left, anyone would be able to get into that slot. If one of the champions in the champion slots left, only a champion would be able to fill that slot.

5. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    imagine misunderstanding.

In reality they want it so the champ slots don't filter down into normal game slots. Makes sense ngl. Correct me if I'm wrong @Invinci

But yeah, good suggestion, no player should have to wait for 6 people to leave just to get into a world, kinda cringe.

Invinci likes this.
  6. Invinci

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are understanding correctly

7. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm sure many people will disagree, but I think it's fine how it is.
    The problem with doing things like this and making pets pettable, etc. etc. is that there is little benefit to Champion.
    The whole point of the rank is to get more money to run Wynncraft, and if there aren't features that you're thinking "that'd be cool" when missing out on, then you won't want to buy it.
    Anyway that's just my opinion.

8. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    This make more sense I was thinking OP wanted it so that if a champion joined they would automatically go into a reserved slot, thus just making it a 55 player server.

9. Invinci

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @tig Now that you know what I intended would you consider changing your vote?

I don't really see this as taking away from the benefit of champion rank. Champions will still have first dibs on full worlds as they have access to /switch and the champion slots. All I am saying is that those champions who joined when the world was full and therefore go into champion slots don't slide down into regular slots when regular slots open up.
    Up until this point all purchases have given the purchaser an advantage, but not disadvantaged others. This is now the case with the current state of the reserved slots.
    Are you saying that implementing my change will make it less "cool" because it wont be as much of an advantage for champions anymore, or because it wont be disproportionately disadvantaging non champions anymore, therefore removing some incentive to buy champion?

10. dr_carlos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess it doesn't take away from the benefits that much.
    I'm saying that it won't benefit champions that much, I don't want it to be disproportionate either.

Invinci likes this.
  11. Invinci

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump 10char

12. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    If you ask me they should have just gone with a cheaper subscription service because some people would buy it to try it out but others would just keep on using it, therefore the money keeps rolling in.

13. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please yes the current system is stupidly unfair

liual likes this.
  14. dr_carlos

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They did a poll/survey thing, and most people said no subscriptions, however that was the original idea.

15. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah, i knew I just think if it'd had been cheaper but monthly paid, they would have had some income coming in monthly for those who just keep it forever

16. Shortsightedness

Shortsightedness Somehow the IGN doesn't change on forums VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why not just add a queue system and have a champion queue and a normal queue, when a slot opens the first champion gets in, then when the next slot open the first non gets in, then the next open slot champion, next open slot non, and so on. This way champions get sort of a "priority queue" in the form that their queue will be shorter but nons will still be able to get in if they wait.

17. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
  18. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First off, once you get to say 55 players, here's what happens. A player disconnects, and now theirs 54, but all champion slots are still full. This means that until the bomb is thrown/a champion leaves, champion slots become worthless. And, when do we dissipate champion slots? When there's 5 extra normal slots?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.