1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media A Note From Igbar - Our Late Moderator

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    And even if we made the quest give all these items, if the quest is technically for around lvl 80, we'd give lvl 80 items. You'd level up to 50 so the rewards would be useless to you. Adding level limitation allow us to know exactly what level the player will be when he does this quest, and plan out the rewards.

2. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's two of them, so I'm not sure which one you're referring to. But I imagine you're referring to the one hidden inside Rodoroc.

McMasterx likes this.
  3. RainbowSlug

RainbowSlug Travelled Adventurer

Tantibus... I feel that your opinion is very biased. Igbar had a lot of good points. Also when you said that a low level player could cheat a quest, that's very unlikely. Furthermore that's on the content team for not seeing that. In theory they should be able to use that as the team was to ignorant to see it if a lvl 1 player would be able to find.

4. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It is quite possible for a low level player to cheat a quest. That's the thing about the human brain. It is able to find little cheats and glitches that it can exploit to help it achieve the goal. Look at ToA for example. People have figured out that if you have all the shards on a high level quest, you can give the shards to your lower level class to allow them to complete ToA at like level 45. That is extremely game-breaking if the player will just level up insanely, and yes, the 3 level cap is pretty bs at times since it can feel like its just pissing on the fact that you were able to figure out a way around the level requirement for the bosses, however this has prevented people from completely breaking the game.

5. Mular5

Mular5 Mular5, Archivist for the mysteries of Wynncraft VIP

Minecraft:
    Damn, Salted beat me to the response on this.
    Thankfully, i agree with him.
    Although, i will say this.
    Wynncraft is not perfect.
    Neither is real life.
    We do our best to create a good experience for you guys.
    But nothing is quick and easy to add in this day and age.
    I know it seems like forever, college does at times for me.
    But we will make progress.
    Please...give us time.
    We already have a LOT of issues with wynn we need to fix, such as more quests, other additions, dealing with hackers. (You know who you are)
    I know that some of you can get bored with wynn when you play through everything.
    In that case, i recommend trying something new with the server.
    I do my data files, its what keeps me excited and allows me to enjoy the server.
    Heck, make some builds on a personal server and post them. Put up a million signs saying "Salted is a B@!#$."
    Do whatever you think is a good use of your time.
    But dont just give up on something because it takes time to improve it.
    You will find some of the best things in life require a LONG wait.
    I know i did.
    From Mular5

Untitled Doc, kioph, BeeMiner and 8 others like this.
  6. RainbowSlug

RainbowSlug Travelled Adventurer

Yes... I don't think you fully read my post. I said if a lvl 1 can cheat a quest it should be on the staff no hate. The staff should be able to find ways to prevent it. After all their the smart ones so if players can find ways to exploit the staff can find ways to fix ways to exploit

7. Mular5

Mular5 Mular5, Archivist for the mysteries of Wynncraft VIP

Minecraft:
    Tanti.....im not gonna lie here.
    I feel like this could have been said better.
    I know igbar was not the most proper either with his statements at times, but that is youtube.
    This is the wynncraft forums, and i really expect us to try and sound polite.
    Okay?
    From Mular5

Argon, Untitled Doc, Miles_ and 8 others like this.
  8. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just gonna say this now.

I'm proud of the regular members for not slinging ad hominems and having logical debates.

Less so for our role models.

TalkingKittyCat and Ventus333 like this.
  9. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, I'd like to clarify that i read your post, but I think I might have not fully gotten that part of the point. You have a great point, as after all, it is the staff/content team's job to make the player's experience better by limiting the amount of game-breaking glitches, exploits, bugs, etc. However, I believe if the staff does find a way around the exploits and stuff, the same thing will happen to what Igbar said. It will feel like you aren't being rewarded. You figured out a way to get around it, and you can't even use it.

10. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    I sorta stopped playing cuz my resource pack doesn't work.

11. BigMacYoshi

BigMacYoshi Card Master of Corkus & All-Knowing Psychic VIP+

Minecraft:
    I wish there were more quest variety between the classes. It's not very fun (for me) to do the exact same quest in my archer that i just did. I do think grinding is an issue, and always has been. I'm just glad there hasn't been any huge flame wars...

12. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's the problem though. If there was quest variety, it would

1. Take a lot of work to do
    2. Mean that not every quest is accessible to everyone
    3. Forces you to play a certain class to play a certain quest

Of course, this is just what I thought you said. If it isn't, can you please elaborate what you mean.

13. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think qynn qoul be coller with more things like the clock mystery and the ??? quest. You're finding a genuine mystery and getting rewatded for it, the only problem is people saying how to do them (clock quest specifically, not ???). Another cool thing would be weekend traders that can sell you exclusive items. They can be in a random city in each province every weekend.

14. IgbarVonSquid™

IgbarVonSquid™ Your (not so) Average Squid Man VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yo I know I said I wouldn't reply anymore but that was in terms arguments. I've talked with about the situation with others and I've decided to take the video down. It doesn't truly reflect how I feel and it was dumb of me to think it was good idea in the first place. All I've done is hurt people who trusted me and I regret it but I'm going to try and make it right. Expect a sequel video within the next few days, and less criticism from me in the future.

Argon, kioph, WithTheFish and 13 others like this.
  15. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    I respect your decision, sorry if my thread hv negative effects on you and your channel, i was just hoping to share it, hoping to start a positive discussion and hv no means of doing harm. do you mind if I quote it on the thread so people knows why the video is being brought down?

XavierEXE likes this.
  16. IgbarVonSquid™

IgbarVonSquid™ Your (not so) Average Squid Man VIP+

Minecraft:
    You did nothing wrong, it was my faulty reasoning for why I want to take it down. You may quote what I said as you wish.

Lady_of_Rohan and XavierEXE like this.
  17. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Moreover if you do not wish I post your sequel video on here then I'll leave it as it is

Lady_of_Rohan and XavierEXE like this.
  18. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    Closing due to opinions being expressed and really no reason for people to say the same thing over and over. Video was also taken down so the main discussion topic is gone. Also requested by video poster. It will be reopened if requested by OP or video poster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.