Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics A few suggestions with Emerald Pouches...

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by RiderTest101, Nov 20, 2021.

?

Which Emerald Pouch feature should be added? (Please elaborate on why)

1. Scrapping Ability

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Selling Ability

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Fusing Ability

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. All of the above

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bank -> Emerald Pouch -> Trade Market accessibility

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiderTest101

RiderTest101 Minecraft Addict CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    History :-

Fresh from the oven, these new wallets were introduced in 1.20.4 along with some other small minor Quest of Life changes (as well as major disagreeable changes). First introduced in the HERO BETA on September 19 2021 and integrated into Wynncraft on September 25 2021.

These Emerald Pouches were a godsend for all the loot runners who had to abandon every emerald they encounter in every Loot Chest while finding precious ingredients and equipment. They come in different tiers, from [Tier 1] which can carry up to 9 Emerald Blocks to [Tier 9] which can carry up to 27 Stacks of Liquid Emeralds!

(Full changelog can be seen here)

Pros and Cons :-

Pros :-
    • Players now can store their emeralds on the side and save a lot of bank space.
    • You save up on inventory space during travels.
    • You can keep playing until 5 Soul Points without losing any emeralds (as long as they are stored inside the pouch).

Cons :-
    • You need to carry your filled emerald pouch while buying items from the Trade Market, as it counts as a separate inventory.
    • They cannot be placed in Guild Banks.
    • They cannot be sold or scrapped to the Blacksmith.
    • They do not stack.
    • Unless you have /itemlock on, you run into a chance to drop all your decentralized emeralds into a pit of lava or The Void.
    • If you do have /itemlock on, chances are they can disappear while you're sorting out your inventory and you carelessly throw the pouch away.
    What do you propose?

I have a few proposals to make for the Emerald pouches, some of which include :-

Ability to Scrap and Sell Emerald Pouches to Blacksmiths

This should be a no brainer. If say, you have to do some loot running for a Guild Objective (Loot T3+ Chests 0/30) and you go loot all around the Emerald Trail to fulfill that requirement. Now you're left with a few T1 Emerald Pouches that no one wants to buy.

You are left with two options, either
    sell them on Trade Market (Good luck on that, by the way) or you throw them away on the ground. The Blacksmith is my proposed third method.

Like with any weapon or equipment, you can sell the pouches and scrap them. Since they are hard to get, they will sell like
    Legendaries.

The amount you get back depends on the tier, such as :-

Tier 1 - Level 01-09 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 2 - Level 10-19 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 3 - Level 20-29 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 4 - Level 30-39 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 5 - Level 40-49 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 6 - Level 50-59 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 7 - Level 60-69 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 8 - Level 70-79 gear sold/scrapped
    Tier 9 - Level 80-89 gear sold/scrapped​

ex : A Tier 7 would
    sell for in between 172 - 518 Emeralds, while it would scrap for 6-8 Scrap.

Ability to Fuse Pouches together, like Powders

This is my proposed fourth method. Wynncraft could add another NPC near Emerald Merchants that can fuse pouches together, like the Powder Master does with Powders.

We can call this NPC the
    [Emerald Master]. (Wow, original name...)

Like the
    Powder Master, this NPC specializes only in fusing Emerald Pouches together, for a price, of course. The price will vary, depending on how expensive the pouches are in the Trade Market at the time.

You will always need 5 of the same pouch type to fuse to the next level, just like
    Powders. The simple calculation will go as follows :-
    Tx = 5yz

The variable [x] will represent the new tier of Emerald Pouch that is fused together.
    The variable [y] will represent the previous tier of Emerald Pouch. It is there as a "tax", if you will.
    The variable [z] will represent the everchanging cost of the previous tier of Emerald Pouch in the Trade Market.

ex. :
    x = 2, y = 1, z = 64E

T(2) = 5(1)(64E)
    T2 = 5(64E)

T2 = 320E

So, it would cost you
    320 Emeralds, or 5 Emerald Blocks to upgrade 5 T1 Emerald Pouches into a T2 Emerald Pouch.

Ability to use Emeralds in the Emerald Pouch on Trade Market off hand

This is another one that should also be a no brainer. Since you can already use emeralds in the bank before 1.20.4, why not do the same with pouches?

Now hear me out on this one. I know the arguments that will come to this.

Q : Won't this tank the economy?
    A : No, since this easier method is more costly. Say a T1 Emerald Pouch costs 1 Emerald Block and a T2 Emerald Pouch costs 4 Emerald Blocks on the Trade Market, you will need 5 T1 Emerald Pouches to fuse together into a T2 Emerald Pouch, which will cost you 5 Emerald Blocks.

That alone will cost you 1 Emerald Block more than it's original price, and that's only a T2 Emerald Pouch. Can you imagine how expensive a T7 Emerald Pouch will be to fuse together, not counting the costs to build it up from T1 as well as the small "tax" it would take to fuse it all together?

Q : What's the point of loot running if this feature is added?
    A : Like I explained earlier, you can be a passive player and pay more for a good product or you can be active and find the product yourself without any hustle. It may take a couple ten to hundred Loot Chests, but it's better than paying nearly or over a stack of Liquid Emeralds for a T7 Emerald Pouch, right?

Obviously, loot running is the better option but why not add another method or two to the mix?

Q : There's already an abundant supply of Tier 7 Emerald Pouches on the Trade market. Won't this crash the Pouch Economy?

A : To be fair, I didn't anticipate this scenario. So here's my proposal...

The pouches can only be fused up to
    Tier 7, which the bare minimum where Emeralds can convert into Liquid Emeralds. Emerald Pouches higher than Tier 7 will need to be found via Loot Running or by buying them off Trade Market.

So, what do you guys think? Should this be added to the game, or ignored entirely? Let me know in the comments section down below.

Edit 1 : Added @Androphonia 's question on the Pouch Market crash along with a viable solution. Also added a third suggestion to add more emerald accessibility with Trade Market

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    That_Chudley and luckeyLuuk like this.
  2. Androphonia

Androphonia SON ARE YOU THROWING THE RAID AGAIN VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    jesus this font is HARD to read
    and this would still be pretty op judging by how t7s are p common you could start making t8s and t9s and possibly even t10s with enough determination and crash the pouch economy (have you SEEN how many t7 pouches are on tm)

3. RiderTest101

RiderTest101 Minecraft Addict CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I particularly disagree, but to each their own...

Ok, how about I set the maximum fusion level up to T7? That way, you would have an alternate method to get a bare minimum pouch that can convert to Liquid Emeralds.

Of course, you would have to lootrun to get the better pouches...

That_Chudley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.