1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

A Contest For Everyone!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by _Sxm, Aug 8, 2016.

?

Is this kind of contest a good idea?

1. Yus

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  2. Nuh

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battleslay1000

Battleslay1000 And another one bites the- wait what CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Alright, here's what I think is a balanced version of the chestplate:
    +400 Health
    +20 defense in all elements
    All skills req: 6 or 8
    +3 or 4 skill points for each skill
    +25% or +15% melee and spell
    +15% walkspeed
    Note with +15% melee and spell you can have 1/4 mana

2. Orbitrons

Orbitrons Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    This is the first quest Ive made, it took an hour or two, but hey. It turned out okay.

3. Battleslay1000

Minecraft:
    Yeah, its pretty good

4. Battleslay1000

Minecraft:
    I'm just gonna bump this

5. The Humbler

The Humbler Well-Known Adventurer

**Un-lurks**
    Bumping continues...

**Bump**
    **Re-lurks**

6. _Sxm

_Sxm :L

Minecraft:
    Okay guys. Apparently there are only 6 hours more for this contest to end. Here are the prizes:

#1 - 16 LE + Mystery Item
    #2 - 10 LE + Mystery Item
    #3 - 6 LE + Mystery Item

Now I just want to say that the mystery items are picked out of my bank classes and they might not be what you want or even cared about, so if that happens, the LE will hopefully make it up to you. I want to give a HUGE Thanks to @Battleslay1000 for donating a lot of LE to sponsor this competition. It was great to see amazing quests and how many people could be future GM's.

Now enough ranting, 6 Hours! Good luck to all you last entries because I'm having a hard time picking the winners since there are so many good ones :)!

(I'll tag you if you win, and i'll also tag everyone else who I think did a great job which is basically like 'Honorable Mentions')

7. The Humbler

The Collector
    [Level 100 Quest]
    At Ahmsord, there will be a new NPC called the Collector who lives in a tower. Inside the tower there will be many "relics" from earlier areas, such as a Bear Mask, Coyote Claw, Ocelot Tail, Yahya's Stained bowl, Pink Wool etc etc. The player should speak to the Collector, who is locatedd at the top floor in a study surrounded by bookshelves.

Stage One:
    At Ahmsord:

[1/7] The Collector: Who dares- Ah, it's you! I've heard many tales about your exploits. One of the king's finest recruits, I understand.
    [2/7] The Collector: Well... how can I explain this to you. I have a... proposition, so to speak. But first, hear me out.
    [3/7] The Collector: As a young recruit like you, I, like many others, spent my days adventuring. I had quested bravely, defeated thousands of monsters, completed thousands of quests, raised spirits from the dead, returning that which should not be returned, and creating things that should not have been created. Starting in Ragni, I journeyed across the overworld, reaching realms beyond even that, conquering the deserts of Almuj, the caves of Dogovi and the Molten Heights, visted the icy lands of Dujgon, strode in the great Guild Hall of Cinfras, seen the frosted rooftops of Llevigar, and have descended into the vaults of Thanos. Eventually, I even opened the gates to the Temple of Legends and saw the Tower of Ascension. As you can see, I have not returned empty-handed.
    [4/7] The Collector: I was hailed as a hero, glorious and proud. I found myself at the height of my excellence, when my name was revered across the seas. I founded a guild, the Guild of Legends, for those like me or aspired to be me. In the end, unlike so many of those who came to Wynn for fame and glory, I got... disillusioned, so you might say. Or perhaps I merely realised the truth, during those long years as I slept in foreign lands under the stars. For all this time, I had laboured and tolled, wasting years of my life, all for... what exactly was it? Emeralds? I had more than enough for any needs I might have, for any goods I might crave. For greater weapons and armour, especially those shrouded in myth and legend? I had accquired more, far more than I would ever use. For fame and glory, perhaps? But glory is fleeting, and people forget those who delivered them quickly.
    [5/7] The Collector: In the end, I realised that it was all pointless, but a fading dream. There are so many I would have liked to see again, so many I had brushed past on my way to ultimate glory, so many I had left behingd after completing some errand or mission... never to even look back. And then it all ended. I grew old. I could not run as fast, strike as hard, but I continued, for reasons I do not know, until one day I awoke to find that my arms could not bear to heft bmy trusty sword, for ffear that their bones would shatter. The world forgot my name. My vaults of emerald sat, untouched. And so I left. I brought this tower, and filled it with relics of my past adventures. This is my tale, and I sit here now, unknown, failing, lost to the flow of time. And I have one last errand for you.
    [6/7] The Collector: Many years ago, I dreamed of coming here to find a rare species of chicken, the sky chicken. It's feathers were rumoured to be extremely valuable. But alas, by the time I had come, I was far too weak to slay them as I would have in youth. So they come every day, every morning, and I would try, and fail, to catch them, as they mocked me with their cries. Please, bring me some feathers to complete my collection, and I may rest at last.
    [7/7] The Collector: Here, take these Wings of Icarus I had found in Detlas many years ago. They will allow you to fly, or at least glide, so you may fly down beneath these islands to collect their feathers. The sky chickens are rumoured to dwell in the void below here, after all. Once you have collected their feathers, use this scroll to come back here and hand them to me. And... why not? I will award you greatly for your accomplishment. My wealth is pointless to me anyways...

**Quest started: The Collector**
    **Gives player Wings of Icarus (Elytra)**
    **Gives player Ahmsord Tower Scroll**

Stage Two:

The player should glide down below the islands and use his weapons to kill the sky chickens (chickens riding bats) for their feathers. Once they have collected 3, they should use the scroll to teleport back to the Collector.

[1/5] The Collector: Ah, you have returned. Perfect. And are those... Lovely! I have been waiting so long...
    [2/5] The Collector: My collection is finally complete. I may finally relax. Unfortunately, I will have to take the Wings of Icarus from you, for they are far too valuable for me to give away freely.
    [3/5] The Collector: For your reward, shall I share with you a story? Why, I see you are incensed! But does a story not hold more value than a meaningless trinket or treasure hoard?
    [4/5] The Collector: Allow me to begin: I have heard once, from a man named Asher, that our world is prepetually frozen in a loop. That whatever we do has no meaning. When I was young, and foolish, I thought this to be untrue, that there was no magic curse. And so a adventured and retired... And these years I have begun taking a diary. Do you know what I realised? Every morning, these sky chicken feathers disappear. And every day, some young hero comes in, and I must ask him for help to complete my colllection, and I tell him this story. But nothing changes. Nothing. Ever. Changes. Perhaps Asher is still waiting for yet another to come to him from Lacrona for her Aerolia flowers that she has prepetually run out of stock of, and perhaps the King is still waiting for the late recruit, like he was waiting for me, or you, all those years ago. So claim your reward. I am not stingy-
    [5/5] The Collector: But mark my words: Nothing will change. Nothing ever changes. Perhaps that is the greatest lesson of them all. And if someday, you hear me talking to another one like you, calling him one of the King's finest recruits and handing him this important task, do not be alarmed. After all, I'm stuck- just like you are.

**Gives player 5 Liquid Emerald**
    **Quest Complete: The Collector**

The Metaquest!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  8. Battleslay1000

Minecraft:
    Well, looks like we got an hour left

9. Bubbles

Bubbles Yep, that one HERO

Minecraft:
    Rotate phone horizontally... Thank me later

10. The Humbler

I was thinking of using an elytra somehow, and the only thing I could think of was flying around doing... something. You have to show progress somehow, and As you will notice, Mr. Bubbles, almost all of the quests are either fetch quests or "beat this dungeon" quests, since unfortunately we have 1) no dialogue choices. 2) No way of interacting with the environment. (adventure mode) And unless I want to create yet another dungeon, I'm kinda helpless. I think that flying with an elytra shooting down rogue chickens makes an interesting experience though, don't you? Really, it's a chance to mess with an elytra here. Also, one last point. If you will actually read the dialogue, it's actually poking fun at the whole idea of a fetch quest, since he loses his feathers every morning again) and the player itself. Read the Collector's description carefully.

11. _Sxm

Minecraft:
    I believe there's almost 3 Hours Left!! I have a lot of promising people. I had trouble choosing the third spot but I think I have it! In advance I'm really sorry for those of you who didn't win, I tried my best to judge but I'm not the best :-:

12. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    No.
    I mean elytras will never be added.

13. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
  14. The Humbler

Isn't it three hours already, SatMC?

15. The Humbler

That was why they were immediately taken after the quest and before you say it, no, the elytra won't work outside of a limited area of Ahmsord.

16. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    I know, but it's too much coding for just one quest.

17. Tuaic

Tuaic King of Slimes, although dirt poor.

Minecraft:
    Hello I made my quest ealier, but there is one change, I changed my username to TheHyperFlame so if I win (hypothetically) be sure to note that as the name of my account. :P

18. The Humbler

SATMC...?!

19. Battleslay1000

Minecraft:
    No need to keep asking him if he isn't online.
    Also, yes the is contest over

20. _Sxm

Minecraft:
    I am really sorry for the delay on the prizes, I had a small problem at home, but now that's resolved!

Here are the prize winners, and for those of you who made it SO close to winning, I will present you one Liquid Emerald in the honorable mentions section! Also, if you have won, or are in the honorable mentions section, I really think you should Apply for GM!

So, I'll stop ranting, here they are:
    #1 - @Fluffy - For his amazing quest named 'Friend of a King'! You win: 16 LE + Mystery Item

#2 - @D Strider - For his amazing 5 part quest named 'The Rival'! You win: 10 LE + A Mystery Item

#3 - @Sprenji - For the 2 quests he submitted but the one I enjoyed more was 'The Yeti's Peak'! You win: 6 LE + A Mystery Item

The mystery items will not be revealed until you message me ingame and claim the prizes yourself!

Honorable Mentions: (You guys get 1 LE!)
    @Endertricity @The Humbler

funnysillyman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.